IGNORED

Savage

AllTimeRed

hmm, perhaps all those months ago we should have asked Mr Savage what he thought about us re-signing Mr Murray............. VFM ?????????

Due to work, I couldn't go last night so I haven't seen Bas perform. If you look at Johnsons comments they were along the lines of "he is like having a diferrent golf club in your bag". I don't think for 1 min that Johnson thinks Savage will score 20 & make us safe. It seems clear to me that he is here to offer us something we don't already have - i.e a big brute of a forward.

Yeah but what kind of golf club - a snapped in half one I would suggest.

You are entitled to your opinion about Scott Murraysform since returning, but I would have thought his judgement about a fellow pro would have been respected? :dunno:

It doesn't take long to recognise poor talent (is that an oxymoron?)

Poor talent?? You wouldn't no what it was if it came up and bit you on the arse! Or have you been talking to your 'well respected in footballing circles' friend again?

Savage came on and caused the Bradford defence problems at the end of the day!

He looked decent on the deck, very hard to tackle and Bradford were forced to double mark him at corners which is never a bad thing.

He won a couple of corners, made numerous good runs, looked committed - I'd be happy for him to be given more time at City.

It's just beggers belief that some of our fans think they can make a judgement so quickly and automatically think they're right.

Well looking at SoccerBase.com it seems he has played 13 times (with 13 as sub) and not scored.

I'm not saying he is the answer, but give the guy a chance.

Everyone is always going on about our scouting network - "look for the bargains" "try the non-league", well when someone with a track record of picking up excellent cheap players does, give them both a break.

Poor talent?? You wouldn't no what it was if it came up and bit you on the arse! Or have you been talking to your 'well respected in footballing circles' friend again?

He looked decent on the deck, very hard to tackle and Bradford were forced to double mark him at corners which is never a bad thing.

He won a couple of corners, made numerous good runs, looked committed - I'd be happy for him to be given more time at City.

It's just beggers belief that some of our fans think they can make a judgement so quickly and automatically think they're right.

Exactly my point, A work college of mine was moaning about him this morning and he hasnt even seen him play!

Well, let's just wait and see who turns out to be right, eh?

If Savage turns out to be a good squad player, I'm happy to admit I was wrong and will post a formal apology to Savage and Johnson on this forum.

Will you do the same or will you continue with your patronising posts questioning the knowledge and intelligence of everyone who doesn't happen to agree with you?

Well, let's just wait and see who turns out to be right, eh?

If Savage turns out to be a good squad player, I'm happy to admit I was wrong and will post a formal apology to Savage and Johnson on this forum.

Will you do the same or will you continue with your patronising posts questioning the knowledge and intelligence of everyone who doesn't happen to agree with you?

All I said was he made some worthwhile contributions when he came on.

I see you haven't actually disagreed with that.

You don't need that much skill and ability at this tier of football anyway - just look at a few players we've had over the past few years. Ultimately if his work-rate is good then his physical attributes can be a useful asset at this level.

WHAT DID HE DO WRONG

Stewart aside there's not exactly much pedigree in our squad is there.

Give the chap a chance

I'm all for giving him a chance, but you can also argue the opposite: what did he do that was good? Was he really an improvement on Stewart? The answers are "not a lot" and "no". Apart from anything else the timing of his introduction was not good - it came in the middle of a good spell where Stewart was playing a key role in our attacks.

We're not in a position where we can afford to keep players in the team just because they haven't done anything wrong - they need to be doing plenty right.

Archived