IGNORED

Lansdown

tin

Couldn't believe my eyes this morning when I went down my local shop to buy this months FourFourTwo magazine. They printed their annual 'Football Rich List' and our very own Chairman rose to the 41st Richest Man in Football, apparently earning himself £10m in the last 12 months.

If this is true, as it appears to be, then why on earth sell your best player for a decade, in Lita, just to balance the books? :dunno:

Nobody else is to blame if we go down this year and it's about time you showed us some real money Mr. Chairman. :doh:

Guest C.T.I.D

He doesn't HAVE to give you money, you ###### clown. Thats not the job of a chairman, thats the job of a sleeping partner or benefactor.

yes he does :dance:

to get HIS club out of the shyte before it is worthless like yours :w00t:

He doesn't HAVE to give you money, you ###### clown. Thats not the job of a chairman, thats the job of a sleeping partner or benefactor.

Seems like you're the ###### clown if your posting twice! :doh: (I tried to be abusive) to your own forum you loser

Couldn't believe my eyes this morning when I went down my local shop to buy this months FourFourTwo magazine. They printed their annual 'Football Rich List' and our very own Chairman rose to the 41st Richest Man in Football, apparently earning himself £10m in the last 12 months.

If this is true, as it appears to be, then why on earth sell your best player for a decade, in Lita, just to balance the books? :dunno:

Nobody else is to blame if we go down this year and it's about time you showed us some real money Mr. Chairman. :doh:

My god how many more time's do Bristol City fans have to be told :@ :@ :@ :@ . It was not Steve Lansdown or Brian Tinnion who sold L Lita it was Lita himself who wanted OUT OF BRISTOL CITY FC!!!!!!. Lita was sold by his agent to Reading fc.

Landsdown just got the best deal he could for the club. BT tried talking Lita out of it but Lita had made his mind up even before going to talk to Reading he was out of here.

If anyone should get the blame it should be Lita agent for puting the thoughts into his head.

Guest bristolbred

It's only his assets!!.

If he sold up, would he get the true value??.

IF he really had the full amount, then he could offer the Club a way out with interest free loans, being the true City supporter he is!!.

But money does not always guarantee Promotion or success, likewise it wouldn't guarantee our survival from Relegation!!.

That's down to a strong Board room, a Great Manager, Capable Player's and Enthusiastic Fans!!.

:whistle::whistle::whistle:

That FourFourTwo poll couldn't have happened at a worst time for Lansdown.

Some were always going to slate him for not splashing more cash. It doesn't work like that.

I thought the Stewart signing (wages) was a good enough indication that he was willing to get the best at this level for you lot.

Some were always going to slate him for not splashing more cash. It doesn't work like that.

I thought the Stewart signing (wages) was a good enough indication that he was willing to get the best at this level for you lot.

Exactly, plus the £225k for Brooker, £150k for Partridge etc. etc.

His money is tied up in assets anyways surely? He hasn't got an Addams Family style vault at home!

I know he could get a loan for us in his name, but why? What thanks does he get?

Exactly, plus the £225k for Brooker, £150k for Partridge etc. etc.

His money is tied up in assets anyways surely? He hasn't got an Addams Family style vault at home!

I know he could get a loan for us in his name, but why? What thanks does he get?

Hang on, if Steve Lansdown is the 41st richest man in football, that means there are 40 richer?

Therefore, if wealth meant success, our position would be bottom 2 of the championship. One relegation battle is as good as another!

:D Fair point!

I'm just trying to suggest that if he has earnt £10m in the last 12 months, whether it's tied up in assests or not, then now's the time to give the manager some, not all of, that profit to try and give the club a lift. Davidson sold a few of his assets to raise transfer funds for players in the late 90's to try and keep us in the First Division, whilst I'm definately not suggesting Steve L sells it all, why not offload one of these 'multiple' asset's to try and raise money to keep us up now? Just a thought...

Whats the point of giving Johnson money now?

He can't spend it until Jan anyway.

Why not wait till January before slagging him off.

we need money for transfers full stop. weather its now or in januray aint gona make a difference is it???? it'll still be there in jan if it was to be made available now. and nobodys slagging of johnson on this thread :grr:

I'm just trying to suggest that if he has earnt £10m in the last 12 months, whether it's tied up in assests or not, then now's the time to give the manager some, not all of, that profit to try and give the club a lift. Davidson sold a few of his assets to raise transfer funds for players in the late 90's to try and keep us in the First Division, whilst I'm definately not suggesting Steve L sells it all, why not offload one of these 'multiple' asset's to try and raise money to keep us up now? Just a thought...

Could someone tell me why Steve L should be spending his own personal fortune that he has built up over the years ? I don't see many City fans raiding their own savings accounts and giving their money to the club knowing that they will get nothing back.

Take the supporters trust for instance - they are trying to secure funding so they can at least aim to get a seat on the board, they arrange a very successful launch night where in excess of 600+ people attend but how many people atcually signed up to pay £5 a month ?? (may be a question for miles here !) but i don't think it was that many considering - if the supporters trust cant get people to spend £5 a month then why should Steve L spend millions a year ??

At the moment Steve L has guaranteed city a future by securing all of the clubs debt against the staduim and his own personal wealth, why would he want to throw more money at tthe club just to be abused and accussed of not doing anything to help ?

Everyone who thinks that Davidson is/was the way frward should ask themselves why he resigned/ had to leave ??

I am with STFC dave on this one.....

• Admin

:D Fair point!

I'm just trying to suggest that if he has earnt £10m in the last 12 months, whether it's tied up in assests or not, then now's the time to give the manager some, not all of, that profit

I assume that his business partner would take half, the taxman might like some and obviously he will have to set aside money for the business for reinvestment and to cover leaner times.

That suddenly doesn't seem so much and quite why he should hand it all over to BCFC is beyond me. You're asking him to hand over all of his profit, you don't think you're being a tiny bit unreasonable, do you?

Errr we've been the biggest spenders for the last few seasons, Lansdowns said on a number of occasions that if there is a player that the manager wants to bring in then he'll do his best to get him!

You're asking him to hand over all of his profit, you don't think you're being a tiny bit unreasonable, do you?

No no no. That's not what I'm saying at all. Read what I've said before. Some information came to light last night which came from the board basically saying that Leroy came to them and asked for a new contract on £2.5k p/w... two days later he was sold. People may dispute that but I know that is absolute 110% FACT.

Therefore, my points are: a) why sell him on the first place if you know you could cover that personally without it harming you, your family or your business? b) This article shows he's made £10m profit, so it is about time to reinvest that £1m back into the squad in January that was unessesarily brought in in July IMO

• Admin

b) This article shows he's made £10m profit, so it is about time to reinvest that £1m back into the squad in January that was unessesarily brought in in July IMO

Does the article clarify if it is Steve personally that has made this profit, or Hargreaves Lansdown? There is a big difference in what he could or couldn't do with that money depending on the answer.

Also does the article indicate if this is net or gross profit?

No no no. That's not what I'm saying at all. Read what I've said before. Some information came to light last night which came from the board basically saying that Leroy came to them and asked for a new contract on £2.5k p/w... two days later he was sold. People may dispute that but I know that is absolute 110% FACT.

Therefore, my points are: a) why sell him on the first place if you know you could cover that personally without it harming you, your family or your business? b) This article shows he's made £10m profit, so it is about time to reinvest that £1m back into the squad in January that was unessesarily brought in in July IMO

I hear the same thing, Lita wanted a rise from 500 to 2.5k a week. City said no and now Lita is on 4k or maybe 6 don't quote me on that at reading.

The football rich list is totally misleading. It shows net worth not cash.

The large bulk of Lansdown's wealth is on paper, in his shareholding in Hargreaves Lansdown. The only way he could turn it into cash would be to sell up his interest in a company he has helped to build.

Lita did not ask for a new contract, he wanted to move to Reading once he knew they were interested. He had no intention whatsoever of playing in League one for another year. If you think different, pop into town on a Saturday night, he's there fairly often, and ask him.

Nibor

Lita did not ask for a new contract, he wanted to move to Reading once he knew they were interested. He had no intention whatsoever of playing in League one for another year. If you think different, pop into town on a Saturday night, he's there fairly often, and ask him.

You mean once Lita's scheming agent had spent all summer trying to convince Leroy that a move away from City would be best.

Leroy will say what he likes to people down town - doesn't mean it's the truth. So what's your evidence to back up your charge?

He may well have asked for a new contract at City - doesn't mean he'd tell you.

Guest redphilc

Nibor

I have done and can confirm what you have just said is true.

Guest Harry Dolman

Plymouth walked the league with a team that included saghead reject Mickey Evans as their main striker & the whole team was less than a weeks shopping at Lidl.

Luton walked the league following a summer in administration when they lost 2 of their best players (Boyce & Spring).

City, ever since returning to this league, have been one of the biggest spenders. If I was Lansdown the 1 thing I'd have learned is that paying big bucks, either in fees or wages, doesn't guarantee success.

Archived