IGNORED

Do Half Of The People On Here Know What They Are Talking About?

AndyKat87

The lads played really well last night, deserved all three points came away with nothing. We created chances should have been infront through cotts and on another day we would have one by 2 or 3 goals. Only with our bad luck at the moment could our own defender lob our keeper for their basically only attempt. Alex Russell did well was solid and showed good vision. David Noble to me looked excellent was picking out good passes he can also run with the ball and put his foot in when needed. Looked like a much better balanced midfield and was a good performance. The people that Boo'd the team at the final whisle and said get back to Yeovil Gary Should be ashamed of themselves, as should the people on this forum who said we were bad because they just don't have a clue. We WILL stay up I am convinced now and Johnson is the right man to take us places. The only downer of last night for me was MARCUS STEWART, what is up with him he just looked like he couldnt give a Toss and hes just here for a comfortable end to his career! He was Crap, people who said he was good do not have a clue! And seeing we have no decent replacement he will stay in the team but I believe he showed no passion for the game last night and he didn't want it. Bas Savage is not a good enough replacement. He has pace but no touch and cant head. But come on the people slagging off the team and Johnson need to wake up and get behind the team!! People talk as if they could do better well guess what you can't so get behind them and the WILL turn it around.

Guest Harry Dolman

The beauty of football is the way it divides opinions.

I couldn't make it last night, but as far as I can tell, most people think Basso, Heywood, Cotterrill, Wilkshire & Brooker did ok.

Of the other 6 that started the game there is the usual healthy debate ranging from them being abysmal, average to very good!

The main problem is that lots of people post their opinion on here, but mistakenly think it is a fact.

But come on the people slagging off the team and Johnson need to wake up and get behind the team!!

The only downer of last night for me was MARCUS STEWART, what is up with him he just looked like he couldnt give a Toss and hes just here for a comfortable end to his career! He was Crap, people who said he was good do not have a clue!

Sounds like your getting right behind Marcus to me....... :blink: :Crazy:

The whole team played as well as they have for ages.None of the players were abysmal and Cotterill,Wilkshire and Brooker stood out for me.

Noble and Russell broke up play well which is an element thats been missing so far this season.

The back four looked solid enough but protection from the two midfielders made all the difference.

What spoiled it for me was the substitution of Stewart after 60mins.After he went off City's lost the plot for about 15 mins.Why can't Johnson see how important Stewart is to the team?

Overall I was pleased with the improvement but obviously disapointed with the result.There were signs of encouragement and a similar performance on Saturday just might take H'field by suprise.

The whole team played as well as they have for ages.None of the players were abysmal and Cotterill,Wilkshire and Brooker stood out for me.

Noble and Russell broke up play well which is an element thats been missing so far this season.

The back four looked solid enough but protection from the two midfielders made all the difference.

What spoiled it for me was the substitution of Stewart after 60mins.After he went off City's lost the plot for about 15 mins.Why can't Johnson see how important Stewart is to the team?

Overall I was pleased with the improvement but obviously disapointed with the result.There were signs of encouragement and a similar performance on Saturday just might take H'field by suprise.

I totally agree.

Guest stfc red

your a Swindon fan ofcourse you don't know what your talking about. you weren't there we played well. And Swindon are going down, not City.

we will see.. you will be down by march while we will be safe

The lads played really well last night, deserved all three points came away with nothing. We created chances should have been infront through cotts and on another day we would have one by 2 or 3 goals. Only with our bad luck at the moment could our own defender lob our keeper for their basically only attempt. Alex Russell did well was solid and showed good vision. David Noble to me looked excellent was picking out good passes he can also run with the ball and put his foot in when needed. Looked like a much better balanced midfield and was a good performance. The people that Boo'd the team at the final whisle and said get back to Yeovil Gary Should be ashamed of themselves, as should the people on this forum who said we were bad because they just don't have a clue. We WILL stay up I am convinced now and Johnson is the right man to take us places. The only downer of last night for me was MARCUS STEWART, what is up with him he just looked like he couldnt give a Toss and hes just here for a comfortable end to his career! He was Crap, people who said he was good do not have a clue! And seeing we have no decent replacement he will stay in the team but I believe he showed no passion for the game last night and he didn't want it. Bas Savage is not a good enough replacement. He has pace but no touch and cant head. But come on the people slagging off the team and Johnson need to wake up and get behind the team!! People talk as if they could do better well guess what you can't so get behind them and the WILL turn it around.

So you are now convinced that city are staying up after watching us only marginaly outplay Bradford, and see us lose, that being our easiest game for the next few that we have. And in addition still not being able to create a single clear cut opportunity, and losing for the ninth game on the trott. And you state that people have no idea what they are talking about.

I would also like to say that the trouble with Brooker and Stewart is that they are players that would play better with a quick striker alongside them, Stewart showed good touches, held on to the ball well, looked to play some nice passes, but there really were very few options for him to play the ball to.

Couldn't agree more. That's the best City performance of the season for me and I'm glad I came up from the South Coast for it. All we need is a goal to go in of Stewart's backside, a dodgy pen in our favour and if we keep performing like that we'll hopefully get out of trouble. :pray:

The only downer of last night for me was MARCUS STEWART, what is up with him he just looked like he couldnt give a Toss and hes just here for a comfortable end to his career! He was Crap, people who said he was good do not have a clue! And seeing we have no decent replacement he will stay in the team but I believe he showed no passion for the game last night and he didn't want it. Bas Savage is not a good enough replacement. He has pace but no touch and cant head.

Marcus stewart showed some good touches and showed his ability to use his head last nite. The only problem was some passing from the midfield which was not bad by any means it was just they wern't on the same wavelength so some made stewart look bad some made the midfield look bad, (especially russel at the start) I'm not blaming anyone they just need some games together, that means the whole team

Bas savaage has no pace, he was not blistering atall, not compared to lita. He doesn't really have anything to offer really. (was poor at doncaster too) Him and Brooker cant play together. Stewart however looked good with brooker as they did at the start of the season.

Was pleased with the line up last nite played well for 60/65 mins. was not pleased with the changes, the back 4 were fine, why put smith on at right back and orr in midfield!!??? bad decision i think and he should not have taken stewart off.

Overall a good performance shame about the fluke of a goal!

Guest stfc red

if Fallon stops banging in the goals yor ######d and City WILL stay up because we actually have a decent manager and a decent team now.

:laugh::laugh: decent manager yes they all want to play for him don't they.when fallon stops scoring at least we have someone who is scoring goals young chap. how is marcus doing??

Guest stfc red

lets all realise it was a lucky goal. i get fed up people moaning but us being crap. all it takes is a bit of luck in the next couple of games then a couple of wins then you know the rest. biggest plus point was we had bite in midfield.

but you lost.9 games in a row now 10 on saturday and 5 points adrift from us.because we are going to get battered for 90 mins and win again :laugh::laugh:

The whole team played as well, but city lost it after the substitution's

we lost our width down the right, with savage on waiting for the crosses that

never came as wilkshire went off, sods law.

but it is on the back of 8 losses that makes no.9 so bad

but i see a bit of light at the end of the tunnel to suggest

we can get out of trouble, if we can kee playing like we did last night

Marcus stewart showed some good touches and showed his ability to use his head last nite. The only problem was some passing from the midfield which was not bad by any means it was just they wern't on the same wavelength so some made stewart look bad some made the midfield look bad, (especially russel at the start) I'm not blaming anyone they just need some games together, that means the whole team

Bas savaage has no pace, he was not blistering atall, not compared to lita. He doesn't really have anything to offer really. (was poor at doncaster too) Him and Brooker cant play together. Stewart however looked good with brooker as they did at the start of the season.

Was pleased with the line up last nite played well for 60/65 mins. was not pleased with the changes, the back 4 were fine, why put smith on at right back and orr in midfield!!??? bad decision i think and he should not have taken stewart off.

Overall a good performance shame about the fluke of a goal!

Excellent post samj100, you have got it totally correct, but I suppose in Andykats eyes we both haven't a clue !,

but you lost.9 games in a row now 10 on saturday and 5 points adrift from us.because we are going to get battered for 90 mins and win again :laugh::laugh:

Well I'd rather play well and lose and know there is something there for the future than get battered like you do and win because you won't be as lucky in all the rest of the games. At least we show some promise.

I THOUGHT CITY PLAYED QUITE WELL LAST NIGHT.BUT THEY STILL LOST.THE STICK I'M GETTING FROM PEOPLE REALLY HURTS!THATS THE JOY OF FOOTBALL I STILL THINK IT WILL COME RIGHT IN THE END.BUT AT THE MOMENT WE HAVE JUST GOT TO GRIT OUR TEETH AND GET BEHIND THE TEAM AND THE MANAGER BECAUSE WE ARE CITY FANS AND ALWAYS WILL BE COME WHAT MAY.I STILL THINK WE CAN GET OFF THE BOTTOM AND WON'T GIVE UP.COME ON YOU REDS WE CAN DO IT!! :englandsmile4wf:

Guest stfc red

Well I'd rather play well and lose and know there is something there for the future than get battered like you do and win because you won't be as lucky in all the rest of the games. At least we show some promise.

would you? how strange is that wont help you stay up will it.think you will find rotherham was the only time we have been battered really.pls don't tell me that you thought you battered us at the cg

I agree that last night was our best performance for a while (with only ONE loan player in the starting eleven - seems like Tinnion's team is better than Johnson's team of pi$$ poor loan players after all!!). But let's get one thing straight. We were playing a mediocre team who were in the middle of a poor run, who had been stuck on a coach for five hours with the goalkeeper being the only player to warm up properly. And we never finished them off. On Saturday we are playing a good, confident team who will offer far more in midfield than last night's opposition. Saturday will be the acid test of whether there are better things to come from these players.

Archived