IGNORED

Craig Woodman

Guest Ivan_is_a_legend

Guest Ivan_is_a_legend

every player played their hearts out yesterday and it was a brilliant performance considering our recent form.

but i would personally like to congatulate craig woodman for what i thought was his best performance in a city shirt!

he has come in for a bit of stick, much like the rest of them, but if he continues to imrove as he has done over the last couple of games, there is no reason why he cant be our first choice left back

well done wooders!!! :):):)

Guest Ronmeister

For his standards it was a great performance but he can't pass sometimes and he kept drifting off his man and coming inside :doh:

But keep it up Woody, we won't be playing Huddersfield every week so a performance like that will do fine :)

every player played their hearts out yesterday and it was a brilliant performance considering our recent form.

but i would personally like to congatulate craig woodman for what i thought was his best performance in a city shirt!

he has come in for a bit of stick, much like the rest of them, but if he continues to imrove as he has done over the last couple of games, there is no reason why he cant be our first choice left back

well done wooders!!! :):):)

Yep - good shout - same actually goes for Bradley who also played for the shirt - the weakness for me was in the midfield with Russel and Noble who perhaps both need to be a bit more aggressive

the weakness for me was in the midfield with Russel and Noble who perhaps both need to be a bit more aggressive

What? Noble in particular was very impressive just as he was on Tuesday.He was breaking up play and getting stuck in all game.He has provided what City have lacked all season - a ball winning midfielder.

Russell was far more involved yesterday than he was on Tuesday.He clearly needed more match time to get back to full fitness and I thought he and Noble made alot of difference to the side yesterday.

Guest Ivan_is_a_legend

bradley looks good at right back, much better than when he is in midfield. he was why man of the match against bradford.

as for woody, the one concern i have got is his crossing. apart from that he is improving nicely! he got us out of a few tricky situations yesterday with some good defending.

also think carey's looking more of his old self which can only be good for us.

noble looked good yesterday, although still git doubts over russell ( thought his corner taking was terrible ) but he's been out for a long time!

What? Noble in particular was very impressive just as he was on Tuesday.He was breaking up play and getting stuck in all game.He has provided what City have lacked all season - a ball winning midfielder.

Russell was far more involved yesterday than he was on Tuesday.He clearly needed more match time to get back to full fitness and I thought he and Noble made alot of difference to the side yesterday.

It must be where you sit. Most people in my area thought that Noble and Russell were being cut through - yes they did improve second half and this is just an observation cos I loved the win - but they seemd to be knocked off the ball a bit - would Scott Brown give a bit more bite?

I cannot understand comments saying Bradley Orr played well, but Noble didn't! As someone else said above I thought that Noble provided the bite we have been missing in the middle today. However I thought that Bradley Orr was very poor again. Orr is not good enough for us in any position and when Partridge is back I would prefer to see the new improved Carey move to right back and Partridge into the centre. Unlike others I do not rate Woodman and have been disappointed not to see Golbourne get a game under Johnson.

Overall our defence has looked much stronger in the last couple of games - no more loan defenders please Gary. I would have more faith in Keogh, rather than bring more loan signings in. We need our defenders to play together more.

Guest I bleed red 'n' white

I cannot understand comments saying Bradley Orr played well, but Noble didn't! As someone else said above I thought that Noble provided the bite we have been missing in the middle today. However I thought that Bradley Orr was very poor again. Orr is not good enough for us in any position and when Partridge is back I would prefer to see the new improved Carey move to right back and Partridge into the centre. Unlike others I do not rate Woodman and have been disappointed not to see Golbourne get a game under Johnson.

Overall our defence has looked much stronger in the last couple of games - no more loan defenders please Gary. I would have more faith in Keogh, rather than bring more loan signings in. We need our defenders to play together more.

so youd change the defence again?

we need consistancy

I can't understand the stick Woodman gets.

He's a natural left footer, does a reasonable job in defence and gets forward well. He 's a bit of a journeyman and his passing sometimes goes astray, but he's a good reader of the game and he'll do a job for you.

I thought the team has looked more balanced with him in the side.

On the other hand, I was a little disappointed with Orr, who seemed to resort to hoofing the ball every time he received it. I'm sure it wasn't every time, but it did seem like it! Maybe he was under instruction to do that? :)

Guest dandaman59

I personally think Woodman isn't good enough yesterday the man he was marking kept losin him now if he was a good defender he would be with Taylor-Fletcher who was the Huddersfield player but he was always 2nd best to him!

Bradley could not hit a cows backside with a pass - but he played in front of me second half and was bags of energy and made some good tackles and covered well - we all see things differently I just thought apart from his hoofs he was ok - I would not change the team for Vale apart from if Luke is fit I might bring him in

I will watch the man Noble more closely at Vale - see what I was missing (and as I say I am not being over critical) but honestly a loy of us sat where I sit (half way line front Dolman) thought we were being overrun - who cares - best three points for ages!

Guest PapaLazarou

Yep - good shout - same actually goes for Bradley who also played for the shirt - the weakness for me was in the midfield with Russel and Noble who perhaps both need to be a bit more aggressive

exactly. we need skuse back ASAP

Guest abbiebritt

I personally think Woodman isn't good enough yesterday the man he was marking kept losin him now if he was a good defender he would be with Taylor-Fletcher who was the Huddersfield player but he was always 2nd best to him!

Mate! Scotty was the problem for Woody on Sat, he left a huge gap and left the player he should have been tracking at least four times in the first half alone. And when faced with two, and lets face it reasonable strikers running at you with NO back up what would you do?... Scotty is not a natural tracker back, leaving the left or right side always vunerable. This will continue to be a problem for the defender whatever side scotty plays on when wilkshire makes his return the left side WILL have a tighter look. Perhaps after Sats performance we may have now turned the corner, remember where Hartlepool were going into Xmas a couple of seasons ago.. ROCK BOTTOM.....and they made us sweat in the play-offs. After Sat I'm much more optomistic about the second half of the season now!......

Guest Grandad48

there are a number of you asking for Cole Skuse to be bought back, I must agree that he is a quality prospect, but has anyone noticed yet that the midfield is player 100 times better than when he was playing.

I think that a rest at the moment would give him chance to get his mental strength back, besides i fell he would make a batter centre back or even a sweeper, midfield in my view is not his best position.

Archived