9+ Points From Next 5 Games

PhatWill

Looking at our five 'festive' games:

Vale (a)

Gillingham (a)

Rotherham (h)

Yeovil (a)

Walsall (h)

With our away record still the worst in all 4 leagues, it's not going to be easy with 3 games away and only 2 at home.

Nevertheless, our only away win this season came under Johnson's stewardship and we were probably unlucky not to make it 2 at Swine Town.

As it stands I actually feel that next Saturday's trip to Vale may represent our best chance of getting a result away from home over Christmas. Their home record of W 5 D 3 L 3 is ok but clearly they are beatable at Vale Park. Swindon managed to get a draw up their last month and Vale have also lost their last 2 at Forest and Gillingham. In addition I'd imagine Johnson will be down the Rugby Ground tomorrow as they face the Gas in the cup - hopefully Rovers will do us a favour and extra-time and penalties will ensue.

Gillingham have one of the best home records in the league in terms of points won, however they are hit and miss - W 7 D 1 L 4. They've won 5 out of their last 6 home games which is a worry. What with the long journey for an early kick off on Boxing Day I'm not confident of City getting nything here.

Rotherham are clearly in the #### as we currently are. Their away record is better than their home record having W 2 D 5 L 4. A six-pointer that we absolutely must win but if we play like we have done in our last 2 home games then we will win this...my only worry is that they will come for the draw and stick 10 men behind the ball. Also I believe they've just sacked their manager so lets hope they don;t improve with it.

Yeovil have a reasonable home record and it will undoubtedly be a difficult game with many of the City players minds on where they will be hitting the bars later that evening :) Obviously they have been in #### form of late but their players will have something to prove and they will need no motivation. A tricky one in which the honours may be shared.

Finally, a home game to finish the Xmas period off against Walsall. Another pretty average side who have only won twice away from home this season. On current form we should beat them.

All in all, I predict wins against Rotherham and Walsall and think we'll grab one win from those 3 away games - quite possibly against Vale, if not then Yeovil.

9 or more points from 5 games in good form and I think we'd all take that return now - it would see us rise out of the relegation zone in time for the New Year that's for sure.

I reckon we could be looking at 13 points from next 5 games and i think that would get us about 14th in the league! Well fingers corssed! :city:

13+ points and we'd be on 32+ points, probbaly no more than 10 off the play-offs going into the New Year!

Archived