IGNORED

Clayton Mis-fortune

mike11

valefan16 Yesterday, 7:40 PM Post #1

TFF Regular

Group: TFF Diary Contributor

Member No.: 871

Sex: Male

Foyle has revealed that Mully, Fortune and Togwell will return to their clubs in January. Mulligan will be watched in hope's to sign him in May while Fortune will be sent back to Bristol after an awful spell at Vale Park as has Togwell.

Cheerio Fortune

Looks like our Clayton made a good impression eh?..Oh well,it was worth a try.

Guest sprout1883

did clayton play against rovers last night. My mate said that some bloke who looked like ledley king was an absolute animal at the back for vale last night. I know he looks like ledley king but him playing like an absolute animal gave me doubts it was him

Fortune had a good game last night, but was tore ragged by Agogo in the original game.

Ithink Fortune had a lot to prove last night after such a shocking display 12 days ago

A couple of gasheads who went to last night's game said that Fortune played very well and was the best of the Vale defenders.They couldn't understand why he was out on loan.

They also added that Mickey Bell took loads of stick not only because he's an ex-City player but because he's eaten all the pie's and put on loads of weight.One said they thought his shorts might split at one point.Apparently chants of "lardarse" could be heard around the Rugby Ground.

I hate to say this, but I have said for a long time that Fortune has the ability to be a very good player, all he needed was motivation and a decent run of games. With his physique and ability on the deck, he could easily play at a higher level, if he applies himself. If he goes, we do need to insert a clause for percentage of any future transfer, just in case.

If not, Forest Graveyard Rovers beckons!

Guest Cadburyheath Red

I hate to say this, but I have said for a long time that Fortune has the ability to be a very good player, all he needed was motivation and a decent run of games. With his physique and ability on the deck, he could easily play at a higher level, if he applies himself. If he goes, we do need to insert a clause for percentage of any future transfer, just in case.

If not, Forest Graveyard Rovers beckons!

a very good player, could easily play at a higher level!

I would bet my left testicle that Fortune will never play at a higher level!

Guest Cadburyheath Red

Albeit that I have an uncontrollable gambling fixation...

I, sir, will see that bet, and raise you an old fella....

What odds?

Any one else willing to bet body parts on fortune?

An arm on him playing in the prem anyone?

I would bet my left testicle that Fortune will never play at a higher level!

Technically, Port Vale is a higher level than us! Preston tried to sign him 18 Months ago, so I would keep a close eye on your nads! Before making such rash promises, bear in mind that Dryden played in the Premiership!!!

Technically, Port Vale is a higher level than us! Preston tried to sign him 18 Months ago, so I would keep a close eye on your nads! Before making such rash promises, bear in mind that Dryden played in the Premiership!!!

Any one take 3-1 on both my nipples that the boy Ralph Milne will never go onto better things from Bristol City????

Guest Cadburyheath Red

I'm fairly confident.

Guest Harry Dolman

Fortune has ability, he is calm on the ball & can pass ok.

Part of the negatives are perception, he looks monstrous but lacks aggression & for his size is poor in the air.

I would say his biggest problems are a) lack of concentration & b) no-one really knows what his best position is.

If he can get his head right, then I would think he would be a decent left back & maybe even play at a higher level. He would terrify most wingers. He could also make it as a centre half as long as he was partnered by a "Shaun Taylor" type who organised well & won the 1st ball.

For whatever reason though, I don't think he will come good with City, he needs a fresh start & where better than the home of ex City players......... Vale Park.

Apparently due to injuries Dinning has been playing at the back for Vale, he is out Sat & we won't let Clayton play so hopefully they'll have a scratch defence.

If he can get his head right, then I would think he would be a decent left back & maybe even play at a higher level. He would terrify most wingers.

always thought Fortune and Amankwaah at left and right back for us would have been an interesting combination. of course, with the latter shipped out to the hoops before Fortune ever got in to the first team that was never on the cards.

don't think he is as bad a player as sometimes claimed. after the start to the season we have just had i don't think any player has really looked that impressive. at least he has remained fit (even if he is on loan) whilst Mark Joseph has been on the physio's bench, and not really made any kind of impression.

Archived