IGNORED

What Is A Chav ?

southy354

I certainly recognise Chavs when I see them. Caps, tracksuits, copious jewellry and a stupid look are normally the giveaway signs. I'll tell what they are not: they are not a synonymous with the working class. It really irritates me when "trendy" journalists claim abuse of Chavs is tantamount to abuse of the working class. They have it completely wrong in my opinion.

Chavscum.co.uk as advertised by Hilltop red is actually spot on when it comes to definitions (IMO).

Guest C.T.I.D

Council

House

And

Violence

It was a term used by Police which was picked up by the media and now a common term used by the public

also

Council

Housed

Adult

Vermin

or CHeltenham AVerage :laugh:

I certainly recognise Chavs when I see them. Caps, tracksuits, copious jewellry and a stupid look are normally the giveaway signs. I'll tell what they are not: they are not a synonymous with the working class. It really irritates me when "trendy" journalists claim abuse of Chavs is tantamount to abuse of the working class. They have it completely wrong in my opinion.

Chavscum.co.uk as advertised by Hilltop red is actually spot on when it comes to definitions (IMO).

It's a lable at the end of the day.

People seem to call anyone a chav. Don't wear a nike top or you might get called chav :doh: .

If someone lives in a council house and wears sports clothes or burburry doesn't neccessarily mean they're a chav. If anything then "townie". Like I said before, chav was a lable used by the police for people who live in a council house and are violent. The lable got leaked to the press and things escalated from there.

In my opinion it's unfair to lable people so freely as what seems to happen a lot. You can't judge a book by its cover and all that!

Guest WillsbridgeRed

To me, Chavs are anyone wearing tracksuits, cheap caps, look scruffy and have earings.

Normally they look 11-20, and always travel in at least groups of three (safety in numbers)

The older chavs like to meet young chavettes (typicly chavettes will be 11-18) to breed the next generation of chavs.

Chavs do not have a long life expectancy, a potent mix of cannabis, cheap food and even cheaper cider means that their insides mealt the day they hit 40.

Archived