IGNORED

Johnsons Critics

Ivan_is_a_legend

Totally different side in the last 3 games. We are playing at 100 mph and hassling mistakes out of teams. The 2 in midfield are the main difference I can see. Russell and Noble look better and better with every game.

Both were great today at both ends of the pitch.

Well done guys! :englandsmile4wf:

Guest Legend City Man

I still want Johnson out if we get relegated this season.. 9 straight defeats is POOR and an utter discace, the bloke should thank his lucky stars he's just got two wins to keep the fans happy over xmas, after that its crunch time.. Johnson has come in and upset alot of players by his strict policies (with exception to the Horfield 3 who Johnson dealt with well) and I think there is still unrest in the camp...

I still want Johnson out if we get relegated this season.. 9 straight defeats is POOR and an utter discace, the bloke should thank his lucky stars he's just got two wins to keep the fans happy over xmas, after that its crunch time.. Johnson has come in and upset alot of players by his strict policies (with exception to the Horfield 3 who Johnson dealt with well) and I think there is still unrest in the camp...

You deranged fellow.

You must be mental! Honestly???

He has just managed to get his 1st choice team out and managed to impose his self on what was a club in disarray after Tinnion, the man is doing a great job!

9 losses are gone now...2 wins on the trot and we're on the charge.

Guest Legend City Man

I still want Johnson out if we get relegated this season.. 9 straight defeats is POOR( FACT..UNLESS YOU ALL THING THAT IS GREAT!) and an utter discrace (FACT..ANY OTHER CLUB AND MANAGER WOULD HAVE BEEN SACKED!), the bloke should thank his lucky stars he's just got two wins (FACT) to keep the fans happy over xmas, after that its crunch time (FACT).. Johnson has come in and upset alot of players (FACT- Stewart, Phillips, Bridges) by his strict policies (with exception to the Horfield 3 who Johnson dealt with well) and I think there is still unrest in the camp (not a fact but never mind!)...

So with all the facts think again before slating this post..

I still want Johnson out if we get relegated this season.. 9 straight defeats is POOR( FACT..UNLESS YOU ALL THING THAT IS GREAT!) and an utter discrace (FACT..ANY OTHER CLUB AND MANAGER WOULD HAVE BEEN SACKED!), the bloke should thank his lucky stars he's just got two wins (FACT) to keep the fans happy over xmas, after that its crunch time (FACT).. Johnson has come in and upset alot of players (FACT- Stewart, Phillips, Bridges) by his strict policies (with exception to the Horfield 3 who Johnson dealt with well) and I think there is still unrest in the camp (not a fact but never mind!)...

what is a 'discrace'?

I really hope this is a wind up !!

If not....

Who do you really want running the team....a strong manager.....or a bunch of "could not care less" players.

The 9 straight defeats were the price that was paid for returning disapline to the club, this will pay us back ten fold in the near future.

I wouldn't say that I was a Johnson critic, I am a bit of a skeptic though.

What worries me is that our good results have come only after he stopped arsing around with loan signings and demotivating the squad with a constant stream of negative press statements... why did he do those things in the first place and if the going gets tough will he do them again?

Like many others I guess I will wait and see how the team shapes up after January, see whether we stay up, and then decide whether there's much to be optimistic about for the next season.

Nibor

You are so disturbed that it would be a waste of time submitting a proper response. You're possibly the only City "fan" who is upset tonight. You're obviously either a wind-up merchant or just using the communal PC in the funny farm.

It's time for bed now.

Guest Legend City Man

I am a City fan, pleased with todays result of course.. just stil upset about the 9 defeats thats all, give me time my fellow forum freinds and i'l get over the 9 defeats and support Johnson %100. Night

I have some sympathy for Legend City Man's opinion. The nine defeats left City deep in the relegation mire and even after 6 points from two games City are still deep in the mire.

I agree the last three games have been far better and there are signs of moving up the table but I still can't forgive Johnson for getting City into this mess in the first place with his heavy handed approach.I've said before that there were alternative ways to handle the situation within the club but Johnson chose to wave the big stick which destroyed what confidence there was within the squad and led to 9 consequetive defeats.

It this case the end did not jutify the means.

Mid table mediocraty is the best City can hope for this season which will mean another season in this poxy division.

I have some sympathy for Legend City Man's opinion. The nine defeats left City deep in the relegation mire and even after 6 points from two games City are still deep in the mire.

I agree the last three games have been far better and there are signs of moving up the table but I still can't forgive Johnson for getting City into this mess in the first place with his heavy handed approach.I've said before that there were alternative ways to handle the situation within the club but Johnson chose to wave the big stick which destroyed what confidence there was within the squad and led to 9 consequetive defeats.

It this case the end did not jutify the means.

Mid table mediocraty is the best City can hope for this season which will mean another season in this poxy division.

If GJ has got the desired effect, then the big stick method worked.

The 9 defeats wern't welcome. but this club was in freefall, following an appt of a rookie manager.

Gradually GJ seems to have got many players working to his methods & with a few additions, the depressive run we had will be a minor blip.

It seems to have taken a little while for the 'easy club' that players sunk into to be broken up. And I am sure a few of the big time charlies were hoping for GJ to fall on his sword - he hasn't & the club will be stronger for his desire to rid of the cosy club players.

I have confidence that GJ will move us forward - and if we finish mid table, then that is a good result considering where we could have been if Laycock had got his way !!!!

The 9 defeats wern't welcome. but this club was in freefall, following an appt of a rookie manager.

Gradually GJ seems to have got many players working to his methods & with a few additions, the depressive run we had will be a minor blip.

It seems to have taken a little while for the 'easy club' that players sunk into to be broken up. And I am sure a few of the big time charlies were hoping for GJ to fall on his sword - he hasn't & the club will be stronger for his desire to rid of the cosy club players.

I have confidence that GJ will move us forward - and if we finish mid table, then that is a good result considering where we could have been if Laycock had got his way !!!!

I agree. I really hope we keep on improving. Will shut up the Johnson critics. I think a lot of the things that happened on that 9 game losing streak weren't Johnson's fault and he as forced into bringing a lot of those loan players due to unfortunate circumstances.

Nine consequetive defeats (a club record) will never be a "a minor blip"

The club might be stronger - but a very heavy price has been payed and City won't achieve anything this season because of it.

None of know what would have happened if Tinnion had stayed.We could speculate all day.The bottom line is that City are still second bottom even after two back to back wins.

I too have confidence that Johnson will get City out of the relegation battle but my point is that he should never had got us there in the first place.Even 5 points from those defeats would have put City just 9 points off the play-offs.

Your'e spot on.

I'll admit before the last three games I was beginning to get twitching, although I have supported GJs appointment and his methods.

The team desperatly needed some discipline and a work ethic that was considerably more than "we are Bristol City we just need to turn up to win" sort of thing. If in the long term the nine match run was the price we had to pay then so be it. We have had one to one meetings with players, missing promotion by a point blah, blah blah.

But I now think the penny has dropped with some of the previously unbelivers in the team and that is that work rate and passion for the shirt is a must, which has now been shown to get results and just as importantly has begun to build bridges with the fans. Hopefully the skill element on top of that will mean we win more than we lose.

For my money the change can be seen no more than in Louis Carey's performances. I have been a big critic but for the first time I'm seeing a guy getting to ball first, winning challanges and dominating the oposistion.

I was ask critics of Gary Johnson to look again at the next game you go to, becuase I'm sure your will see players and fans more up for it than for a long time. And Gary Johnson has to take the credit for that.

I think you should look closer to home before laying any blame at Johnsons' door.

Ermm ... who was manager that won three from his first four games with an inherited squad and then led the team to 9 consequetive defeats after he had brought in loan players?

Ermm ... who was manager that won three from his first four games with an inherited squad and then led the team to 9 consequetive defeats after he had brought in loan players?

For god sake Robbored, look at the bigger picture!!!

The status quo, whether you put a Wilson or Tinnion overcoat on was taking the club nowhere. Yes you are right in as much as this season is a right off, in terms of leage placing. But I'll take my chances that Gary Johnson in the long term will take the club upwards. The very least we will see commited players, which the fans can relate to, earning their money and in time playing expansive football.

He is in the process of changing a whole culture at BCFC, something that elements at the club would have hopped he would fail at. But I believe the majority are now buying in to this new ethic and the like of you and I will be the ones to benift from it.

Come off it,

had the man come in and adopted the correct approach to the players at the start instead of throwing his hand grenades and telling the players they were leaving the club in january, we may have had these kind of results at the start of his reign rather than after 9 defeats in a row that has left us in the relegation zone. This squad is and was capable of good results as soon as he took charge, but he bought in some utter poo loans and totally disrupted the team week in week out. Bradley Orr even said the other day that it hard to get consistency in a team that chops and changes, and now look, the team that is playing well is pretty much the team that Tins left. Out go GJ,s loans and back come the players we already had, and hey presto two wins.

Come off it,

had the man come in and adopted the correct approach to the players at the start instead of throwing his hand grenades and telling the players they were leaving the club in january, we may have had these kind of results at the start of his reign rather than after 9 defeats in a row that has left us in the relegation zone. This squad is and was capable of good results as soon as he took charge, but he bought in some utter poo loans and totally disrupted the team week in week out. Bradley Orr even said the other day that it hard to get consistency in a team that chops and changes, and now look, the team that is playing well is pretty much the team that Tins left. Out go GJ,s loans and back come the players we already had, and hey presto two wins.

Not true. He was right in his hand grenade approach after some of the awful performances- Barnet, Oldham, Chesterfield, Notts County etc. What should he have done? Tell them it was all right to lose those sort of games when earning twice as much as the players they were up against? Loans were brought in to cover injuries, twon activities etc. Orr was right- it is hard to get consistency when players fight in town and can't play. The team is playing better- I wouldn't say well. I good team would have beaten Vale 4-0 today. GJ still has a big task on his hands.

FACT - GJ started well using Tins players

FACT - GJ brought in a number of pointless (Literally) loans, and we lost 9 games in a row

FACT - GJ reverted back to mostly Tins players and we win two in a row

FACT - We were pitiful in 82/83 and still never managed to lose 9 in a row

Take your pick, it was either a Master Plan, or GJ quickly learnt that he mucked up badly. I see Orr was making comments about how much better things are with a settled side. If we see the new GJ, calm and looking to keep a settled side, he will most likely be a success. If he reverts to being the hand-grenade lobbing nutter, chopping and changing things each week, we will probably get relegated.

FACT - GJ started well using Tins players

FACT - GJ brought in a number of pointless (Literally) loans, and we lost 9 games in a row

FACT - GJ reverted back to mostly Tins players and we win two in a row

FACT - We were pitiful in 82/83 and still never managed to lose 9 in a row

Take your pick, it was either a Master Plan, or GJ quickly learnt that he mucked up badly. I see Orr was making comments about how much better things are with a settled side. If we see the new GJ, calm and looking to keep a settled side, he will most likely be a success. If he reverts to being the hand-grenade lobbing nutter, chopping and changing things each week, we will probably get relegated.

I disagree with your 2nd 'fact'. Those loans had to come because we had injuries, town incidents and played poorly with 'Tinnion's players' at Barnet, Oldham etc.

I am still undecided.

I really hope the 'shake it out and rebuild' in years to come will be seen as a turning point. Nine straight losses was quite a price to pay however, and I cannot but feel that a slightly more balanced approach would have seen us do a little better and still get to his desired outcome -and overall the loans seem to have been average.

I will wait somewhat longer before coming down one way or the other. Until then of course he should get our full support - and lets all hope in years to come THIS is finally seen as a real turning point. It could be.

I'm used to the despair. Its the hope that I cannot stand!

Well I know one thing, players who seeminly applied themselves less than than what is required previously, all of a sudden are fully commited.

You might be right his loan signings to date might have been duffers (I would certianly disagree on Noble who definately looks the part) but if all it achieved was that the comfort zone of always being guaranteed a start was gone, then in my view it achieved a lot.

I am still undecided.

That makes two of us, but for some people to come on here and charge Johnson for the mess we're in is loathsome!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still think 90% of the players aren't good enough for getting us out of this league, let alone keeping us out of it.

January will be very interesting to say the least, I just hope it isn't the 10% of "saleable assests"/higher wage earners that are sacrificed to get Johnsons' new regime in........over to you Mr. Lansdown.

I still think 90% of the players aren't good enough for getting us out of this league, let alone keeping us out of it.

Agreed, and depsite picking up, the bottom line is that Tinnion has left us with a squad that sin;t good enough in a lot of areas. Players that are good enough IMO to be in top 6 side are: Heywood, Wilkshire, Noble, Brooker, possibly Stewart with service. After that I'm struggling.

Guest Legend City Man

I think the sqaud that Tinnion had even without Lita coles and socs was good enough at the start of the season to do someting good.. Wilkshire, Stewart, Bridges, Murry, Carey, Phillips.. no excuses in my opinion we had a good enough sqaud to get promoted this seas, once again has been ruined by off the field activities, poor managment.

I think the sqaud that Tinnion had even without Lita coles and socs was good enough at the start of the season to do someting good.. Wilkshire, Stewart, Bridges, Murry, Carey, Phillips.. no excuses in my opinion we had a good enough sqaud to get promoted this seas, once again has been ruined by off the field activities, poor managment.

How can you do well with no left wingers, no holding player, no pace in the side apart from Cotteril. Carey and Murray, depsite improving lately, are no longer players that will get us up in the top 6.

Archived