IGNORED

Changing A Winning Team

North Bristols Cider Army

GJ has said on a few occasions that he doesn't like changing a winning team, do you think that he will drop Savage for Marcus on Boxing day? Savage hasn't really impressed me so far, but he seemed of play well today, or so it sounded on the radio,

What do you all think, I would rather have Marcus then Savage

GJ has said on a few occasions that he doesn't like changing a winning team, do you think that he will drop Savage for Marcus on Boxing day? Savage hasn't really impressed me so far, but he seemed of play well today, or so it sounded on the radio,

What do you all think, I would rather have Marcus then Savage

Agreed. Stewart has premiership pedigree and, while Savage was excellent today, gives us more fire-power up front.

On a side note, does anyone else feel that Savage is the kind of player who the opposition always seem to have? A tall, clumsy but powerful forward who always wins the headers, and even though he isn't as skilful as anyone else on the pitch, always manages to have a hand in a goal. The kind of player who scores against us for Colchester on a wet Tuesday evening. Anyone, no?

Tough one this.. Bas was superb at Vale but Marcus ran his socks off and played a big part in the Huddersfield win - depending on the tactics GJ wants to use at Gillingham - it was more long ball at Vale which probably suits Bas more whereas the Gillingham pitch may be easier to play passing football on in which case Marcus is the better bet.

Guest BCFC_JOHNERZ_88

savage played better than stewart has most matches ,i don't see why he should get a stright start just because he was in the prem, i think we should give savage another go

but still its upto gj at the end of the day

Away from home and the way Savage played at Vale it has to be him for the next game. He gives a great option away from home in particular as he can hold the ball up then take on players and always looked like something was going to happen when he had the ball, I don't really see how he can be dropped. If it was at home it might be a bit different, but I say the same team should start again.

Away from home and the way Savage played at Vale it has to be him for the next game. He gives a great option away from home in particular as he can hold the ball up then take on players and always looked like something was going to happen when he had the ball, I don't really see how he can be dropped. If it was at home it might be a bit different, but I say the same team should start again.

I think you've made a good point about the next game being away.I agree that Savage would be a better target man and hold the ball up better than Stewart but what you lose without Stewart is his goal threat and his all around classy play. Its still a tough call.

Why bring Stewart back?

Savage played better at Vale then I've seen Stewart play all season.

Savage holds the ball up just as well, actually RUNS at defenders, causes considerably more problems physically and puts in 110% which I (and many others) have questioned from Stewart this season...

Maybe for Rotherham I'd bring Stewart back, but for what is sure to be another tough, physical game at Priestfield on Boxing Day - stick with 'ar Bas.

The only change we need from Saturday is Russell for Wilkshire, I think Russell has proven in the last two games why he has never featured at a higher level, He is okay as back up but better than an international I don't think

i thought russell and noble ran the midfield for us, although they did not create as much as wilkshire might.

what a blow to baz's confidence that would be - a create performance on his first start (i think), goal disallowed, a firm fans favourite that day, standing ovation from city fans...and some vale fans i saw - - - only to get dropped for a bloke who has only impressed in a couple of games this season

give bazzy a chance

The only change we need from Saturday is Russell for Wilkshire, I think Russell has proven in the last two games why he has never featured at a higher level, He is okay as back up but better than an international I don't think

Nah. Russell is much more commited than Wilkshire, and is willing to tackle etc. For me Noble looking just as good as mWilkshire and he also is prepared to work harder. Wilkshire will get back in at some point if he isn't sold but at the moment there is no need to change it.

Nah. Russell is much more commited than Wilkshire, and is willing to tackle etc. For me Noble looking just as good as mWilkshire and he also is prepared to work harder. Wilkshire will get back in at some point if he isn't sold but at the moment there is no need to change it.

Yeah i agree, russell and noble have looked excellant last couple of games, seems as though the team is finally ballanced.

Archived