IGNORED

Bradley Orr

Keepers Ball

Defensively he is excellent, reads the game very well and is quite quick over a short distance for a big lad. Agreed about his distribution, woeful most of the time. He tends to either put too much weightbehind it or it sails into touch, often a problem for those new to wide positions because suddenly you have a touchline very close and not the room towork in that the central players have.

Defensively he is excellent, reads the game very well and is quite quick over a short distance for a big lad. Agreed about his distribution, woeful most of the time. He tends to either put too much weightbehind it or it sails into touch, often a problem for those new to wide positions because suddenly you have a touchline very close and not the room towork in that the central players have.

I don't argue the point about his distribution, but what I would say is that in Hill/Coles (2 of our better defenders of late) we also had two guys who were never too accurate with their radars. I remember thinking that whenever Hill had the ball we were in trobule, even though defencively he was excellent (although prone to individual mistakes, notably a string of hand balls for pens). Both these players now play higher. I think a footballing defender in the lower leagues is a rarity. Orr does the job just fine at the moment and I think with confidence in himself and throughout the team, shorter balls can be encouraged rather than 'get the ball away' passes. I like him, think in time he could actually be a really good footballer. From footballing point of view, I think right back is the easiest position on the field; which (defencively) relies on commitment, strength and and some speed; attributes which he has got; plus his height!

Orr-together now?

Guest Harry Dolman

Orr always gives 100%. He consistently seems to get the better of his winger, has ok pace & is better than average in the air. I think for a 3rd division player learining a newish position, that is pretty good.

We do tend to have rose tinted specs about the past......... most of us wish we still had Matt Hill (I do), but was his distribution any better than Orrs?........... I think not.

When he sticks to simple passing Orr is fine, from what I've read, due to the pitch we were instructed to go long on Sat & thats where he gets found out (unbelievable isn't it, a young 3rd divison right back who can hit accurate 40 yard passes...........)

Both Orr & Woodman have had stick, but both are fine by me.

I don't argue the point about his distribution, but what I would say is that in Hill/Coles (2 of our better defenders of late) we also had two guys who were never too accurate with their radars. I remember thinking that whenever Hill had the ball we were in trobule, even though defencively he was excellent (although prone to individual mistakes, notably a string of hand balls for pens). Both these players now play higher. I think a footballing defender in the lower leagues is a rarity. Orr does the job just fine at the moment and I think with confidence in himself and throughout the team, shorter balls can be encouraged rather than 'get the ball away' passes. I like him, think in time he could actually be a really good footballer. From footballing point of view, I think right back is the easiest position on the field; which (defencively) relies on commitment, strength and and some speed; attributes which he has got; plus his height!

Orr-together now?

Spot on! I was going to make the point about Hill and Coles who both couldn't distribution the ball but you stole my thunder.

Orr, like Hill and Coles will get better and become a really decent defender.

Whether you think Bradley Orr can play or not there is one thing you can be sure of......

he cares....

IPB Image

If he could just sort his distributuon out, he would be a class act.

His work rate on Saturday was excellent and his tackling was great.

I think it is becoming increasingly clear that Johnson favours work rate and passion over ability and Bradley certainly has these two in abundance.

If he could just sort his distributuon out, he would be a class act.

His work rate on Saturday was excellent and his tackling was great.

I think it is becoming increasingly clear that Johnson favours work rate and passion over ability and Bradley certainly has these two in abundance.

I also think that that is what you need to get out of this league.

I don't think Bradley Orr has pace. I do rate him at Right back, and after Carey I think he is our best Right back, but he doesn't have very much pace at all.

I think it was in the Southend game, but not sure could've been the Barnsley, but whoever had an all pace winger and beat him every time it was just easy, luckily for us the final cross was never there cos they beat Orr every time. Since then whenever I have seen him, all the wingers against him have had less pace and therefore not been as much of a problem.

In addition a couple of times I have noticed that he hasn't had the pace to cover a centre back that has been beaten. He is very slow over the first couple of yards.

He doesn't look out of place at right back in the team and does have a lot of positives at RB though.

As someone who has consistently campaigned for Orr to be played in that position, I feel vindicated.

Despite his view that he's a midfielder, I think it's gradually dawned on him that I'm right :whistle: as usual and he's wrong.

His strengths are his fitness, commitment, attitude, tackling, bravery, heading, reasonable pace and he hasn't got a bad first touch.

His weaknesses are his passing, shooting, pass selection, temper on occassions,lack of goals and positional play which, is improving in a settled defence next to Carey.

Keep up the good work Bradley AND YOU ARE A DEFENDER :city::city:

I don't think Bradley Orr has pace. I do rate him at Right back, and after Carey I think he is our best Right back, but he doesn't have very much pace at all.

He is slow on the turn and that's got as much to do with inexpereince in his positional play as what coaches call "basic speed."

You're right in that it's all about who you're up against and it's not often that he'll find a good pacy left winger in this division........ask G.J he's looking for one :)

Orr always gives 100%. He consistently seems to get the better of his winger, has ok pace & is better than average in the air. I think for a 3rd division player learining a newish position, that is pretty good.

We do tend to have rose tinted specs about the past......... most of us wish we still had Matt Hill (I do), but was his distribution any better than Orrs?........... I think not.

When he sticks to simple passing Orr is fine, from what I've read, due to the pitch we were instructed to go long on Sat & thats where he gets found out (unbelievable isn't it, a young 3rd divison right back who can hit accurate 40 yard passes...........)

Both Orr & Woodman have had stick, but both are fine by me.

Coaching at this level is all about getting the best out of what you have and players like BO need to be convinced that they must do what they are capable of, but do it really well, all of the time.

I remember players like John McPhail & Sean Taylor-not brilliant footballers, but very good at what they did, every week-that'll get you out of this division.

Archived