IGNORED

Deon Burton

Guest dandaman59

Guest dandaman59

Do you think he would be a good signing he's got 11 i think so far this season for Rotherham and has handed in a transfer request?

taken from Rotherhams website:

Rotherham United today confirmed they have received a written transfer request from striker Deon Burton.

The club's leading scorer submitted his request last night.

Millers' Chairman Peter Ruchniewicz confirmed that the request had been submitted and would be considered by the board in due course.

Peter said: "The timing of this request is disappointing especially following our win at Bradford. Deon has been considering his future career and has decided that might be best served away from Rotherham.

"This is especially surprising after how well he settled in at the club and quickly became our leading goal scorer."

Mr Ruchniewicz and the other directors will consider the request at the next board meeting, which is likely to be before the end of the year.

In the meantime Burton was in training today, as part of the team's preparations for their game against Huddersfield Town on Boxing Day.

The 29-year-old Jamaican striker signed for the Millers on a free transfer from Brentford in July 2005.

He has made 25 appearances and is the leading goal scorer with 13 goals this season.

Deon started his career at Portsmouth as a trainee in 1994 and signed for Derby County in August 1997 for a fee of £1 million before rejoining Portsmouth in 2002. He has also spent loan spells at Cardif City, Barnsley, Stoke City, Walsall and Swindon Town.

City don't need another striker. Brooker,Stewart,Savage with Gillespie just a phone call away.Cotterill can also play up front if needed.

There are other area's that need strengthening ahead of the strike force.City could use another capable center back - Skiverton for example and another quality midfielder - Lee Johnson for example.

City don't need another striker. Brooker,Stewart,Savage with Gillespie just a phone call away.Cotterill can also play up front if needed.

There are other area's that need strengthening ahead of the strike force.City could use another capable center back - Skiverton for example and another quality midfielder - Lee Johnson for example.

I reckon Skiverton has a very good chance of becoming a city player in Jan and i would love Lee Johnson down the gate 2, going to put them both on top of my xmas list, just hope santa can deliver

Guest stfc red

I reckon Skiverton has a very good chance of becoming a city player in Jan and i would love Lee Johnson down the gate 2, going to put them both on top of my xmas list, just hope santa can deliver

every striker going you lot say you want :laugh::laugh:

Guest stfc red

Inbred why don't you p#ss off and go and get lost on your magic roundabout

shut up you mug...don't give me abuse because you got a small pr**k

Inbred why don't you p#ss off and go and get lost on your magic roundabout

is your mum of the skag yet.or is she still roaming the streets of st pauls

merry xmas freezer,,have a goodun

Have you got nothing else better to do then come on here you inbred, must be really bad for you knowing that your brother and sister are actually your mum and dad,

Why don't you join all the other sad Swindon fans (all 4 of you) and start your own forum, instead of making ours look untidy.

And at least I pr#ck, it's better than being one.

Archived