IGNORED

Basso

North Bristols Cider Army

It would amazing if he passes a fitness test so quickly after dislocating his finger just 48 hours ago.It must be very bruised and sore.

I'd be delighted but very suprised if makes it.

they can do wonders these days, when I played a poor standard of Sunday league it was the famouos magic sponge, now they have pain killing injections and as long as it's strapped up and our defence does it's job aswell as our skrikers scoring goals we should be Ok

I get the feeling that Basso has the potential to be a cult figure with City fans, if he's any good that is. We've already had a few glimpses of eccentricity, namely his International aspirations, excercises during games and trying to mix it with the fans the other day.

Phillips' confidence and attitude seem to be shot at the moment, so i'd prefer a fired up Basso tonight. Both of similar standard so far though.

I dislocated my ring finger a couple of months ago, seriously painfull but once the doctor had realligned it, I was able to play the next week after heavily taping it up. I have also broken my little finger but again, after taping it up heavily, was able to carry on. Genuine handling, catching etc shouldnt upset it, its the unexpected saves that just hit any part of your hand which are the danger. The fact he wanted to play on once he had done it shows a lot of grit, determination and stacks of adrenilin.

Basso clearly wants to keep his place because he knows what Phillips can do and without starting a whole new debate, Phillips can (and has done on many occasions) win us games.

If i'm honest, I would think Basso will start tonight.

I get the feeling that Basso has the potential to be a cult figure with City fans, We've already had a few glimpses of eccentricity, namely his International aspirations, excercises during games and trying to mix it with the fans the other day.

I agree wth you there - Basso was getting a great reception from the City fans on Boxing day especially with his star jumps which were being recieved with chants of "easy,easy".

I wonder if he watches Soccer AM?

you can beat your life he'll play, hes playing for a contract basically and cannot afford to let philips back between the sticks.

I'm sure the negotitions go better when your the number 1 rather than the understudy.

Also he probally knows GJ has no faith in steve philips and would not want him looking anywhere else than himself for his first choice keeper.

you can beat your life he'll play, hes playing for a contract basically and cannot afford to let philips back between the sticks.

I'm sure the negotitions go better when your the number 1 rather than the understudy.

Also he probally knows GJ has no faith in steve philips and would not want him looking anywhere else than himself for his first choice keeper.

I cant see him not getting a new contract, I would bet my life on it in fact, Basso is here to stay

This is great news that Basso might be fit. Having seen Steve working his magic at Gillingham it is vital to City's play off hopes :shifty: that he is fit.

First of all though it is vital to City's survival that Basso plays, he along with a settled team and Russell and Noble has been the difference of late.

Come on Adriano tape it up and have some painkillers you'll be fine :pray:

Archived