IGNORED

More Short Term Thinking From Lansdown

Franklin CITY

With the team lacking in both confidence and on field leadership, it was no surprise to see the youngsters struggle. I'll only not be bothered if it turns out that Reading offered silly money and that GJ knows he can get a quality replacement.

I'll be absolutely furious if Woodman gets an injury and we end up having to stick Fortune or Carey at left back for the remainder of the season.

Well the whole left side needs sorting out IMO and surely GJ knows that.

And he messed up over Liam Rosenior and also messed up with Matt Hill's contract. There are also many more things that he could of handled better like the badge, Booking fees etc etc.

I'm not going to be drawn into the Wilson debate because it's a case of 'shoulda, woulda, coulda'.

And admittedly the Rosenior case was a bit of a mess.

But I don't think we can blame anyone at the club for Matt Hill's contract. He signed an extension on the proviso that a minimum release fee clause was put in it, and then moved on. At least we got money for him.

As for Golbourne, it isn't the perfect scenario, I just hope that we get enough wonga for him to justify the transfer in both the short-term and the long-term.

Guest PapaLazarou

Do you not think the reason Goldbourne was not in the team is becasuse they knew an offer was coming in and Lansdown didnt want the uproar that would come from letting a first team player go!

No

Archived