IGNORED

More Short Term Thinking From Lansdown

Franklin CITY

Yet another short term blunder from our Chairman who is obcesed with grabing a quick buck whilst he can.

Sorry to be negative when the team is starting to gell but his past decisions have put the club back 3 years and I fear that there are more to come.

Does anyone else think that we have gone forward under his leadership ??

Yet another short term blunder from our Chairman who is obcesed with grabing a quick buck whilst he can.

Sorry to be negative when the team is starting to gell but his past decisions have put the club back 3 years and I fear that there are more to come.

Considering we're sruggling for players of any quality down the left, this decision stinks for me. If we're prepared to flog him when our only other left back was set to be tossed onto the scrapheap as little as a month ago, then its clear to me that we'll not put up much of a struggle if a club came asking about the availability of Cotterill or Skuse.

Considering we're sruggling for players of any quality down the left, this decision stinks for me. If we're prepared to flog him when our only other left back was set to be tossed onto the scrapheap as little as a month ago, then its clear to me that we'll not put up much of a struggle if a club came asking about the availability of Cotterill or Skuse.

Or any other player.

The appointments of Gary Johnson and before he parted company, Danny Wilson :dunno:

Selling Leroy Lita for a good price to fund other transfers.

The main thing he has done which was a mistake was hire Brian Tinnion.

I think SL is a good chairman for the club.

:yawn:

Guest dolmanm1

The manager has got a left back lined up and the money from this deal will go towards it and others , we will be loosing one squad member but gaining 2 or 3 first team players with this money what would you prefer ?

Steve Lansdown has always said that every player has his price and based on that we can only assume that Reading made an offer for Golbourne that City couldn't refuse.

Maybe the fee is undisclosed because City don't want other clubs to know how much is in the kitty for new signings.

Guest The Codfather 0312

He has put us back a few years from the moment he sacked Danny Wilson because Danny Wilson wanted to keep one or two players and that psychologist.

Can't understand why the chairman said no he couldn't keep them with all the money we gained from the playoffs and all the full houses at Ashton Gate.

If Wilson would of been given one more season then we would of gone up in at least second spot, He just needed one more season and that was one of the biggest mistakes that Steve Lansdown has made apart from appointing Tins as manager(and without someone experienced alongside him)

And he messed up over Liam Rosenior and also messed up with Matt Hill's contract. There are also many more things that he could of handled better like the badge, Booking fees etc etc.

Steve Lansdown has always said that every player has his price and based on that we can only assume that Reading made an offer for Golbourne that City couldn't refuse.

Maybe the fee is undisclosed because City don't want other clubs to know how much is in the kitty for new signings.

Thanks Robbo, you have just answered my question, I was just about to ask why the fee was undisclosed, but now you have said that, it makes more sense........... I hope that is the reason for it.

The appointments of Gary Johnson and before he parted company, Danny Wilson :dunno:

Selling Leroy Lita for a good price to fund other transfers.

The main thing he has done which was a mistake was hire Brian Tinnion.

I think SL is a good chairman for the club.

:yawn:

:chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez: Well said Scrumpy!!!!!

SL is a good chairman with the interests of city at heart, why don't people get off his back!!! :@

Marvin Brown played for England under whatever and didn't turn out too great. I think there are better young leftbacks out there. Liam Rosenior was playing left back the other day at Chelsea and looked OK.

But Liam is several years older than Scott. If there are better left backs in Scott's age bracket then why has he consistently been selected in the U17/19 teams in the last twelve months?

The player's wishes also come into it!

If a premiership-bound team came in for any City player they would surely be tempted.

And there's no point in trying to force an unsettled player to stay.

What Goldbourne was showing was promice for the future.

We are 5th bottom, we need players who can produce the goods now.

What we have done is sold a player who cannot currently get in the starting 11. If this cash allows us to keep another player who is in the starting 11, Booker then it was a very sound decision.

But Liam is several years older than Scott. If there are better left backs in Scott's age bracket then why has he consistently been selected in the U17/19 teams in the last twelve months?

OK if you're talking about u19's then you have a point. It hard to know what you meant by 'young'. Personally I thought he looked poor at the start of the season, like everyone, and looked lightweight. Not too bothered either way but we shall see.

Guest The Codfather 0312
What Goldbourne was showing was promice for the future.

We are 5th bottom, we need players who can produce the goods now.

What we have done is sold a player who cannot currently get in the starting 11. If this cash allows us to keep another player who is in the starting 11, Booker then it was a very sound decision.

So what is the whole point of having a academy if were just going to sell all the talented players and just keep the average players?

OK if you're talking about u19's then you have a point. It hard to know what you meant by 'young'. Personally I thought he looked poor at the start of the season, like everyone, and looked lightweight. Not too bothered either way but we shall see.

With the team lacking in both confidence and on field leadership, it was no surprise to see the youngsters struggle. I'll only not be bothered if it turns out that Reading offered silly money and that GJ knows he can get a quality replacement.

I'll be absolutely furious if Woodman gets an injury and we end up having to stick Fortune or Carey at left back for the remainder of the season.

I also thought Golborne looked poor and out of his depth at the start of the season, if moving him on means that Johnson can bring in a left back who he wants and who will be challenging for the first team (golborne is'nt) then i'm in favour.

Archived