IGNORED

A Message

Guest ossie

I don't care who this post offends or upsets ,but i feel a few things need to be said about the constant crap some of you keep writing on here about steve phillips .Let me put the record straight ,steve has at the moment no intentions of leaving bristol city and will fight to get his place back , he is looking forward to testimonial season in 2006. What i find staggering is that some of you so called city fans continue to pick fault with everything he does ,even his private life , oh yes i forgot you pay his wages so it entitles you to say what you want ; well mr Nhs worker i pay your wages but do i come on here and constantly moan about you ? .Every player has strenghts and weaknesses especially at this level but its the same people saying the same things week in week out ,do you think its constructive ? , i don't because he seems to get more stick than anyone else, as for basso i agree he might turn out to be a good keeper ,but i will reserve judgement as he has only played a few games ,when he makes mistakes as all keepers do will he recieve the same stick phillips did ? .The point is some of you in my opinion write utter crap ,make things up, and are vindictive, and call yourself supporters which i sometimes doubt

I don't care who this post offends or upsets ,but i feel a few things need to be said about the constant crap some of you keep writing on here about steve phillips .Let me put the record straight ,steve has at the moment no intentions of leaving bristol city and will fight to get his place back , he is looking forward to testimonial season in 2006. What i find staggering is that some of you so called city fans continue to pick fault with everything he does ,even his private life , oh yes i forgot you pay his wages so it entitles you to say what you want ; well mr Nhs worker i pay your wages but do i come on here and constantly moan about you ? .Every player has strenghts and weaknesses especially at this level but its the same people saying the same things week in week out ,do you think its constructive ? , i don't because he seems to get more stick than anyone else, as for basso i agree he might turn out to be a good keeper ,but i will reserve judgement as he has only played a few games ,when he makes mistakes as all keepers do will he recieve the same stick phillips did ? .The point is some of you in my opinion write utter crap ,make things up, and are vindictive, and call yourself supporters which i sometimes doubt

Neither offended or upset.

In all honesty, it was time someone was brought in to bring competition to Steve, to keep him, er, honest. Him being dropped and forced to sit on the sidelines will be an extra spur to him I am sure.

Guest Ronmeister

Why would you complain about an NHS worker on a Bristol City forum? :blink:

So Mrs Phillips, how is Steve today ?

Neither offended or upset.

In all honesty, it was time someone was brought in to bring competition to Steve, to keep him, er, honest. Him being dropped and forced to sit on the sidelines will be an extra spur to him I am sure.

spot on. i think it will help him improve. got muchos respect for him, all told. city just needed a bit of a shake up all round and steve has felt it a bit harder than most. full of faith in the lad.

T'riffic.

Anyway, you're right about Phillips. I'm sure he'll do a decent job as back-up.

spot on. i think it will help him improve. got muchos respect for him, all told. city just needed a bit of a shake up all round and steve has felt it a bit harder than most. full of faith in the lad.

I think he's had it too easy actually the last few years without anyone to challenge him. Competition is good after all!

Most players will receive critism at some stage in thier careers and Phillips is no exception. All fans know that having no competition for your place is unhealthy and for far too long Phillips was in that position.Thats not his fault of course but it can instill a level of complacency and thats what happened.

Apart from his kicking,his game has not improved since he made his debut.He's a great shot stopper but is weak in other area's.He needs to knuckle down, work hard on commanding his box,making the right decisions and organising his defence.Then he might get back into the team....

Most players will receive critism at some stage in thier careers and Phillips is no exception. All fans know that having no competition for your place is unhealthy and for far too long Phillips was in that position.Thats not his fault of course but it can instill a level of complacency and thats what happened.

Apart from his kicking,his game has not improved since he made his debut.He's a great shot stopper but is weak in other area's.He needs to knuckle down, work hard on commanding his box,making the right decisions and organising his defence.Then he might get back into the team....

And work on low 30 yard shots perhaps so I hear?

Its always been the way for City fans (the usual faceless small minority etc etc) to harshly single out and verbally abuse one player or another - remember Tinman in his early days at the club?

I do believe Stevo needed some stiff competition for his place though

Guest PapaLazarou

By some quirky co-incidence I happen to work for the NHS and know that if anyone wants to make a complaint there is a proper procedure to follow.Usually it starts with a letter to relevent manager.

Aaaah, procedures.................

Guest Ronmeister

By some quirky co-incidence I happen to work for the NHS and know that if anyone wants to make a complaint there is a proper procedure to follow.Usually it starts with a letter to relevent manager.

But I dunno where GJ lives... :(

:clap::clap::clap:

Totally agree!

:clap:

Guest midlandno2

Reminds me of a conversation I had with a Port Vale fan yesterday, he said that every proper club does this, picks a player at random and blames him for all our problems. For what it's worth I said Bradley Orr, Steve fits just as well though.

My only feeling on the matter was that when he was dropped it felt like another big part of the club had gone and that GJ didn't want anything to do with the team I supported last season. It doesn't seem quite so bad now, Basso looks good fun but whether he's any better than Steve? Well I'm yet to be convinced.

Reminds me of a conversation I had with a Port Vale fan yesterday, he said that every proper club does this, picks a player at random and blames him for all our problems. For what it's worth I said Bradley Orr, Steve fits just as well though.

My only feeling on the matter was that when he was dropped it felt like another big part of the club had gone and that GJ didn't want anything to do with the team I supported last season. It doesn't seem quite so bad now, Basso looks good fun but whether he's any better than Steve? Well I'm yet to be convinced.

I think Basso looks like a good quality keeper early doors.

Bambi Hewlett and Joe Burnell were also bullied by the City 'faithful' (they were shyte) where as Steve doesn't come under that category, but thats not the point. Its just no good what goes on.

Guest CITY BOY DAVE

Well said mate

Reminds me of a conversation I had with a Port Vale fan yesterday, he said that every proper club does this, picks a player at random and blames him for all our problems.

Was the Port Vale player Clayton Fortune?

Guest midlandno2
Was the Port Vale player Clayton Fortune?

Funilly enough, he said it used to be Brooker! His place has been taken by some bloke called Tony Dinning!!!!

eh, theres another example of it, no good.

Save your abuse for the opposition. Thats beneficial to the course

Fortune is no good....

Funilly enough, he said it used to be Brooker! His place has been taken by some bloke called Tony Dinning!!!!

Not surprised eh?

19 posts. 19 rabid defences of Phillips.

So the question is, why does he need his mum to come on here and defend him?

As with everything on this forum it polarizes to extremes and he gets some unwarranted stick. Plenty of it is warranted, and if he's that upset by it then you should tell your little boy to be a bit more careful about what he says to fans, stop whining and improve his game.

Nibor

19 posts. 19 rabid defences of Phillips.

So the question is, why does he need his mum to come on here and defend him?

As with everything on this forum it polarizes to extremes and he gets some unwarranted stick. Plenty of it is warranted, and if he's that upset by it then you should tell your little boy to be a bit more careful about what he says to fans, stop whining and improve his game.

Nibor

Also, if you are still here Mrs P, what did Steve have for his tea tonight ?

Archived