IGNORED

Matt Heywood

A Horse With No Name

I totally agree. I thought Heywood was colossal today.

The spine of our team was tremendous again...

Basso - Heywood - Noble & Russell

We've finally got that spine and that is the main reason we look so much better.

Didn't seem that Walsall offered much in attack though according to the commentary Kingpin? Or was that because of Heywoods performance?

Anyway it's another reason to send Joseph back to Hull... Heywood/Carey/Partridge & Keogh as back up... Not to mention Fortune (kidding!!)

Didn't seem that Walsall offered much in attack though according to the commentary Kingpin? Or was that because of Heywoods performance?

Anyway it's another reason to send Joseph back to Hull... Heywood/Carey/Partridge & Keogh as back up... Not to mention Fortune (kidding!!)

Maybe a bit of both, but the whole back four never gave them a sniff today. I have not seen a team who looked less likely to score in a very long time as Walsall today. Matt Heywood has taken a while to prove that he was a quality signing, but he is now consistantly turning in performances of this type.

IMO i thought baz should of been awarded the MOTM.

he ran his scoks off today and very unlucky not to score

I think Savage was outstanding again today.

Its funny every game where he plays at home or away, the first 20-30 minutes there are lots of people who haven't seen him before laughing and making stupid comments. By full time the man is getting standing ovations.

People who are seeing him week in and week out can appreciate what he is bringing to the team, and just how well he is playing.

IMO i thought baz should of been awarded the MOTM.

he ran his scoks off today and very unlucky not to score

I have been a Savage fan since day one, and I reckon he is a breath of fresh air to this team. However, there are still a large number of people who see him as a comedy character, and fail to see the good work he does for the team. Also his groundwork is good for a guy of his size, and he just needs a couple of goals to finally win most people over. It will come, but I have a funny feeling his first City goal will go in off his backside.

I have been a Savage fan since day one, and I reckon he is a breath of fresh air to this team. However, there are still a large number of people who see him as a comedy character, and fail to see the good work he does for the team. Also his groundwork is good for a guy of his size, and he just needs a couple of goals to finally win most people over. It will come, but I have a funny feeling his first City goal will go in off his backside.

most people i was sitting/standing next to for the last few games have a good laugh and make the odd crack at baz, but applaude the guys efforts and see what he adds to the side. has his moments where you think "what the hells he doing?!" but most of the time keeps the ball, lays it off, runs at them and just looks a pain in the arse for the defenders. fair play to the lad, and shame his header didn't get over the line, as it was a good one!

You will soon see why Heywood was hated at Swindon, you say he was good today - he was up againts a striker who was playing non league not so long ago!

The hoofball maerchant isn't good.

Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooofffffffffffffffffffffffffff

I'm sure hes better than the crap you have got in defence ATM.

Our defence is hardly crap, we have let in 2 goals in 6 games and you only scored againts us because of a retaken penalty :D

Our defenders could probarly get in your team

maybe so mate, but you are still below a team who managed to lose 7 league games on the bounce, and your goal difference isn't much better than ours. we are living proof that quality players do not a successful side make. good luck away at gillingham next game. got a feeling you might need it.

Well with your budget you would be ahead of us, you spend loads on players and wages and you are doing crap!

maybe, but should you really judge yourselves against us? we have consistantly underachived for over a decade, trying and failing to establish ourselves, but never till now worrying about the drop. you have slid dramatically down the leagues and now take solice in the fact you "spend less" and "pay less" than you local rivals, whilst attempting to avoid your third relegation in a decade. fallon will leave this window and then you'll be looking down the shotgun that is relegation to league two without the only player capable of winning you games. good luck mate.

Guest harveythompson

You will soon see why Heywood was hated at Swindon, you say he was good today - he was up againts a striker who was playing non league not so long ago!

The hoofball maerchant isn't good.

Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooofffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Jealousy is a terrible thing, now (I tried to be abusive) back to your own forum you 6 fingered ######

:dance: Don't you mean you had better players than Fallon?

They were all loan players who have probably,and I'm sure you wil

correct me STFC,all gone back to their respective clubs.Oh,and you won't

have too many loan signings to help you out for the remainder of the

season :whistle:

:city: Lets get back to the original topic Matt Haywood.

The whole defence has be more solid of late and the reason is the pairing of Haywood and Carey

The best central defence pairing that we have had is Taylor and Carey and Matt Haywood is as near to Shaun Tayor that we have come since he retired.The common denominator is the dependable Louis Carey,much underrated.

Archived