IGNORED

Louis Carey

AllTimeRed

What can i say about Carey he has been brilliant in the last few games. I always said that if Carey was to play in the middle of the back 4 then he would be just like when he played there with Shaun Taylor

He was very poor at Yeovil but in general he has been much improved like 90% of the team.

Guest The Codfather 0312

He did ok today. Wouldn't say he was brilliant but he done good. Made a mistake but made up for that by winning the ball back.

He was excellent today except for one "ghost" header where he completely missed the ball and let their forward in behind him. He also nearly gave away a penalty just before half time - when Basso made a hash of a clearance and the Walsall forward was in on goal, Carey made a rather reckless lunge towards the back of his legs and was a bit fortunate to get away with it.

But I agree with your sentiments. As TomF pointed out the other day, Carey has been much better again when playing alongside Heywood - a big ball-winning centre-half like Shaun Taylor. It clearly suits him as he's producing his best form in a long time.

One thing that has improved Carey's game is the fact that he's not hoofing the ball foward like he used to.That might be because he's playing in the center rather than right back.In fact that is it.....because its Orr who tends to welly the ball forward now.... :rofl2br:

One thing that has improved Carey's game is the fact that he's not hoofing the ball foward like he used to.That might be because he's playing in the center rather than right back.In fact that is it.....because its Orr who tends to welly the ball forward now.... :rofl2br:

You say that but I noticed that Orr was a lot more circumspect about his distribution today. He played a good part in 2 of the goals (cross for the 2nd, and a run forward and pass in the build-up to the 3rd) and I can see signs this his 'on the ball' play is improving. It's great to see too because the guy gives 100% and clearly loves playing here.

Archived