IGNORED

Steve Phillips - Name Circulated

mtraveller

I have a source. And before anyone goes "yeh yeh" just because i don't go shouting it around, doesnt mean it's BS.

Oh and by the way just so it sounds a little more believeable this is the guy who had a word with one of our players and got cards sent out to me of their own back. He's well respected.

hey ok fair shout luc. you know i trust ya :) just wondered! :P it seems there are so many rumours being thrown about we never seem to know what is going on back there! so do you think he's sulking? it must be a hard think to take, suddenly after 2 years good work you get demoted!

hey ok fair shout luc. you know i trust ya :) just wondered! :P it seems there are so many rumours being thrown about we never seem to know what is going on back there! so do you think he's sulking? it must be a hard think to take, suddenly after 2 years good work you get demoted!

This same person told me the players who were most upset at a certain person becoming manager and no it wasnt GJ. All bar one have left the club... The last being Steve Phillips. No he doesnt sulk, he just feels a little disheartened. He's in the latter stages of his career and has every right to first team football. If he can find a suitable club then fair play to him. None of us should begrudge him it or simply put it down to "sulking".

so steve phillips has asked for a move. what a great bloke he is. gets left out and straight away he wants out. so he has been sulking.

Thats up to him isn't it. It's been on the cards for a while, I have noticed that he has been sulking like a little child ever since he was dropped.

I just hope that he is remembered as a great servent, rather then a moody git who left cos he threw his toys out of his pram

His attitude is not right at the moment - anyone else notice he was still out on the pitch at 2:55 on saturday when the remainder of the players had gone off to get their last team talk from GJ 10 minutes earlier?

Sorry SP nice to have had you as our keeper but it's the lack of being made focus of attention for a whilve means you have to leave then goodbye and good luck where ever you end up - sign for the gas/cardiff or swindle and you can just forget about being remembered fondly by city fans.

steve has been good for bcfc but nothing is forever. if we can get a few quid for him we should all wish him luck at his new club. who cares where that might be. all that matters is the people left at the club not ones that have gone. GJ knows his fish, he will do whats right for the club.

Thats up to him isn't it. It's been on the cards for a while, I have noticed that he has been sulking like a little child ever since he was dropped.

I just hope that he is remembered as a great servent, rather then a moody git who left cos he threw his toys out of his pram

how have you noticed him sulking? have you been to the training sessions? or have i missed him bad mouthing in the press?

His attitude is not right at the moment - anyone else notice he was still out on the pitch at 2:55 on saturday when the remainder of the players had gone off to get their last team talk from GJ 10 minutes earlier?

Sorry SP nice to have had you as our keeper but it's the lack of being made focus of attention for a whilve means you have to leave then goodbye and good luck where ever you end up - sign for the gas/cardiff or swindle and you can just forget about being remembered fondly by city fans.

There was one thing that got on my wick about his attitude. The end of the Yeovil game, each player and GJ came over to clap us... SP just walked straight off down the tunnel after shaking hands. Nice huh?? :@

why would you not remember him fondly? so you'd forget his excellent last 2 years+ service? you're one of the fickle ones i have spoken about, haven't got a clue have you mate. change your id to goldfish!

how have you noticed him sulking? have you been to the training sessions? or have i missed him bad mouthing in the press?

I'm not even going to raise to the bait, he HAS been sulking and I know he has, did you see him on his warm but at Doncaster, when he spent 30 mins chatting to his mate in the crowd, did you see him at half time at Yeovil when he stood on the centre circle chatting to there keeper, have you seen him warmiing up Basso, looking really interested in what he is doing?

Did you speak to him at the Supporters trust night just after he had been dropped?

I like Steve Phillips and he has been my player of the season for the past 3 seasons, but he hasn't reacted well to being dropped and he doesn't want to stay here any more as a number 2, thats why he wants out

I'm not even going to raise to the bait, he HAS been sulking and I know he has, did you see him on his warm but at Doncaster, when he spent 30 mins chatting to his mate in the crowd, did you see him at half time at Yeovil when he stood on the centre circle chatting to there keeper, have you seen him warmiing up Basso, looking really interested in what he is doing?

Did you speak to him at the Supporters trust night just after he had been dropped?

I like Steve Phillips and he has been my player of the season for the past 3 seasons, but he hasn't reacted well to being dropped and he doesn't want to stay here any more as a number 2, thats why he wants out

you did raise and you answered all i asked with some decent observations :) that's all i wanted to know :P

how come you don't sit in your seat anymore? had a minibus full of kids sat around us last match!

you did raise and you answered all i asked with some decent observations :) that's all i wanted to know :P

how come you don't sit in your seat anymore? had a minibus full of kids sat around us last match!

I gave my ticket away for the Walsall game as i was working only to be told I could leave at 12 so i sat in the atyeo with a mate,

The Rotterham game I sat at the top of the Dolman, but I'll be back for the Swansea game don't worry, nice to know that you miss me :dance:

I gave my ticket away for the Walsall game as i was working only to be told I could leave at 12 so i sat in the atyeo with a mate,

The Rotterham game I sat at the top of the Dolman, but I'll be back for the Swansea game don't worry, nice to know that you miss me :dance:

was thinking how nice it was without you :whistle:

I can't blame him for wanting a move, he knows that when a keeper gets in the team he can be there for a very long time. It's not like outfield players where injurys and suspensions are common place, and you can get 30 mins on as sub, keepers are different. He probably feels if he stays out the limelight for to long people will forget his name.He also has a young family to think of. I wish him all the best and I can see him playing at a higher level. In my 24 years watching the City I can't remember to many keepers as good and consistent, good shot stopper.

Although I can see Steve Phillips' p.o.v, it's a bit of a kop-out that he wants to leave you.

Phillips needed decent competition as he appeared (judging by OTIB comments) to be was going stale, as soon as the first decent keeper arrives he wants out.... Hmmmm....

...I think there's alot more to this.

I'm hurt :@ you miss me really though bet I bet your GF's ears aren't with us bellowing each side of her.

So are you Steve Phillips no1 fan then

I'm his boyfriend did no-one tell you! haha

Although I can see Steve Phillips' p.o.v, it's a bit of a kop-out that he wants to leave you.

Phillips needed decent competition as he appeared (judging by OTIB comments) to be was going stale, as soon as the first decent keeper arrives he wants out.... Hmmmm....

...I think there's alot more to this.

Well i think they're both as good as each other. so obviously GJ will pick the guy who has been in the team which is Basso. Maybe Phillips rates Basso and realises that it's going to be a hard job to dislodge him. Maybe Phillips thinks it's time for a change of club anyway and see if he can progress any higher before he gets too old. I reckon he'll not move if the club that comes in for him is lower than us, and then he'll stay and fight and see how he gets on.

This same person told me the players who were most upset at a certain person becoming manager and no it wasnt GJ. All bar one have left the club... The last being Steve Phillips. No he doesnt sulk, he just feels a little disheartened. He's in the latter stages of his career and has every right to first team football. If he can find a suitable club then fair play to him. None of us should begrudge him it or simply put it down to "sulking".

Sorry but I have to disagree with you there.....he's only 27!

He's probably got at least another 7/8 years left.

An ex- city player i know did speak to him and sp said to him that he was told that he can leave.

Archived