IGNORED

Steve Phillips - Name Circulated

mtraveller

Guest Harry Dolman

Good point

Id still like to see evidence that Phillips is sulking.

I havent heard him whinge or whine.

All Ive seen is a keeper with the body language that tells you he is'nt happy.

Just because Phillips is'nt happy it does'nt mean to say he's sulking.

The only sulking Ive witnessed is on here for the past two seasons

Gary told bcfc.co.uk: "While I am disappointed by Steve's reaction, I can understand the point of view of any senior professional who wants regular first team football.

Yeah and you really tried talking him out of it did'nt you Johnson ?

I agree with you Suicidal, there is way too much emotion & speculation here. I have no idea if Phillips is sulking - nothing leads me to think he is. As he is contracted & salaried by the club I can't help feel that if he was told that he had to help warm up Basso, then he would have done.

Its much simpler if we stick to the facts:

Phillips is a good shot stopper but poor at taking crosses

For much of his time here we have been awful at defending set pieces (we don't know if that is his fault)

His loss of form was contributing to us losing (Southend, Notts Co).

Since Basso has came in he has done fairly well.

When Phillips got a chance v Gills he let a soft goal in. Equally when he got a chance v Yeovil he did well.

Having lost his place he wants to leave to get 1st team football, not unreasonable, but perhaps a tad hasty.

The only specualation I will add is that when Johnson joined he wanted Phillips to come out & take more crosses - this was evidenced by Phillips trying this more & Johnson heartily encouraging him when he did it. It seems to me that concentrating on other aspects of his game (I.E crosses) made Phillips lose focus on his strong point - shot stopping.

If Phillips goes I wish him well (like pretty much all players all leave really) - I don't understand your comment about Johnson not talking him out of it ?? Why should he ?? When ever people have tendered their resignation to me I have never tried to dissuade them - if someone wants a serious chat about the future, fine, if they want to play brinkmanship games equally fine but don't encourage them !

Archived