IGNORED

Steve Phillips Testimonial

I'm not to sure about that, he has done well for us over the years, he is bound to be a little out of sorts with the situation and the way the fans have slaughterd him. he still deserves recognition for what he has done for the club. We were all singing his praises a few months back x

Why should he get one? If he isn't willing to stay and fight for his place he can't love the club that much

Absolutely right, Steve has given this club good service over the years but if he is not willing to stay and fight for his place then his testimonial should be cancelled. If he is as good as he thinks he is then his next employer will be willing to pay a nice little signing on fee.

Guest The Codfather 0312

What made me laugh though was the fact that he said he is going to give 10% away to charity. Not much of a gesture is it 10%.

What made me laugh though was the fact that he said he is going to give 10% away to charity. Not much of a gesture is it 10%.

with maybe the exception of nail quinn (who gave all of his to charity) how many other players do you know of that give their testimonial money to charity? would you give 10% of your earnings to charity?

Cancel the testimonial.

Its bizarre to give one to a player who is unhappy with the club and wants to leave.

I agree he's been a great servant, but that's not enough on its own to earn a testimonial. i.e. Isn't this his testimonial year, thereby he should play/be available for selection in it?

with maybe the exception of nail quinn (who gave all of his to charity) how many other players do you know of that give their testimonial money to charity? would you give 10% of your earnings to charity?

That would depend what I earnt each week, on my wage there is no way I would give 10% of my wage to charity, yet if I earnt £30K -£40K a week I would consider it

Sure would. This is not salary, its a Christmas bonus. How many of us have had a bonus for serving 10 years in our job.

Having said that, its the choice of the player. I believe the player should indicate beforehand where the money is going. If you don't like it, don't turn up and donate your cash yourself to some worthy cause.

Archived