IGNORED

We Will Need A Reserve Keeper

Super Scotty Murray

Why didn't Gill just tell him to stop being such a poof and just run these things off? :dunno:

I think it was just a misunderstanding when she said "I'm going to have to pull you off". Many blokes don't realise when a woman is coming onto them, but imagine how hard it is when you don't speak the language perfectly!

However when Phillips did have the luxury of a settled back 4, I still find it hard to see how many times he actually came and claimed balls in the penalty area, and it is due to this lack of performance in his game that we conceded so many goals from set pieces in the last few seasons.

From the games I have seen Basso has been playing really well and when the defence has been asleep he has been there to stop the goals or catch the ball.

O'BASSO

what a joke! you'll find a lot of the goals conceded were due to out sh!te defence not soley phillips. we'll soon see, but i fear Basso will be less consistent performance wise than phillips and is more likely to have a dip sooner rather than later. of Phillips term as number 1 keeper how many dips in form did he have? not hardly any at all hence his awards in the league's number jersey for 2 seasons. if fellow pros rate him then that's surely a good thing. i very much doubt basso getting in the league team!

what a joke! you'll find a lot of the goals conceded were due to out sh!te defence not soley phillips. we'll soon see, but i fear Basso will be less consistent performance wise than phillips and is more likely to have a dip sooner rather than later. of Phillips term as number 1 keeper how many dips in form did he have? not hardly any at all hence his awards in the league's number jersey for 2 seasons. if fellow pros rate him then that's surely a good thing. i very much doubt basso getting in the league team!

'not hardly any at all'! hmm.

I don't care if he made the PFA players team- every year hardly anyone agrees with that anyway! I don;t think Basso would ever care if he made that team like most people don't care!

For me nearly every game is a dip because he is a one trick pony still. Basso doesn't just rely on his shot stopping. He can actually come out and collect set pieces hence the reason we have looked more solid from them.

'not hardly any at all'! hmm.

I don't care if he made the PFA players team- every year hardly anyone agrees with that anyway! I don;t think Basso would ever care if he made that team like most people don't care!

For me nearly every game is a dip because he is a one trick pony still. Basso doesn't just rely on his shot stopping. He can actually come out and collect set pieces hence the reason we have looked more solid from them.

you're so short sighted it's untrue! if he only had one skill then surely he would have been dropped and replaced?! if he's really that bad why has he been in the side for so long and made it to a playoff final and ldv finals?! i'd love to see this same side with phillips in goal i don't think you'd notice any difference in the resulting scorelines. Every game i have seen basso play i have seen him drop at least one cross and mess up a good number of kicks! who was goalie when we went on our massive unbeaten stretch last season? pretty impressive to do such a thing without our keeper catching any crosses at all surely?! muppet! we could have my nan in goal and you'd think they were better than phillips!

you're so short sighted it's untrue! if he only had one skill then surely he would have been dropped and replaced?! if he's really that bad why has he been in the side for so long and made it to a playoff final and ldv finals?! i'd love to see this same side with phillips in goal i don't think you'd notice any difference in the resulting scorelines. Every game i have seen basso play i have seen him drop at least one cross and mess up a good number of kicks! who was goalie when we went on our massive unbeaten stretch last season? pretty impressive to do such a thing without our keeper catching any crosses at all surely?! muppet! we could have my nan in goal and you'd think they were better than phillips!

Not short sighted.

He has no competition for years- I place that fault on the managers here not Phillips.

Making an LDV final is hardly something to write home about. Yes he made the play off final. Had we of had an all round keeper we might not of needed the play offs.

What unbeaten stretch last season? Do you mean two seasons ago when we won 11 in a row? It was Phillips. Again no competiton.

Yes Basso drops crosses ocassionally. Would rather have him coming out for them than never at all.

'muppet'- constructive.

I don;t know your nan but if she can collect crosses then it is possible.

Not short sighted.

He has no competition for years- I place that fault on the managers here not Phillips.

Making an LDV final is hardly something to write home about. Yes he made the play off final. Had we of had an all round keeper we might not of needed the play offs.

What unbeaten stretch last season? Do you mean two seasons ago when we won 11 in a row? It was Phillips. Again no competiton.

Yes Basso drops crosses ocassionally. Would rather have him coming out for them than never at all.

'muppet'- constructive.

I don;t know your nan but if she can collect crosses then it is possible.

we have brought in numerous keepers to try and dislodge and compete with phillips, but he has secured the position so well no-one has managed to do it!

LEAGUE 1 not prem ier ship! name me a better keeper in league 1 who is also an allrounder.

you know what i mean, pick at straws if that supports your weak and one sided argument!

so you'd rather a keeper leaves his goal line and drops the ball on the six yard line for an attacker to tap in than have him stay on his line and allow the defenders, who in more cases than not should have the job of clearing the cross, and be ready for any shot should the defender fail to win the ball? ah yeah good one, i always love an open goal!

not constructive, more frustration and bewilderment at your comments!

you wouldn't care what she could do aslong as her surname wasn't phillips!

Guest stfc red

:)

I think Basso is a very clever person.

He was brought in as competition/cover for a 'keeper who had made over 150 consecutive appearances. Ok the team was going through a rocky patch but when he got his opportunity he seized it and kept his 'rival' out.

He was clever in the fact that he has used his ability and added a bit of showmanship to the game. I think he has overplayed some saves but this excites the crowd, like I said clever. It was a gamble by him, he could have fallen flat on his face. At the moment he can do little wrong, but we all know how the game goes. One players misfortune is another's gain. Maybe it was just coincidence that he have started to put a decent run together since he has played, maybe his confidence has steadied the defence. Whatever it is at the moment it's working so why disrupt it?

It's tough getting any breaks (not liturally!) in football, especially for keepers who get swopped around less than other positions. This is an advantage if you are 'in' but as Phillips has discovered not so much fun if you are 'out'.

Yes we do need 2 'keepers. We rode our luck last season with really only having Phillips. Wasn't it one of the 1st things Gary did, get in another keeper. Common sense really. Phillips spent the last few games of last season facing suspension if booked again, and injuries can happen as easily as falling over a dog!

If Phillips can't face being part of a team and being a team player then we need to bring someone in who can. Good luck to him if he leaves, finding a club where he is the only keeper on the books may be difficult though.

rhys evans best keeper in the league by a mile

Guest Harry Dolman

we have brought in numerous keepers to try and dislodge and compete with phillips, but he has secured the position so well no-one has managed to do it!

LEAGUE 1 not prem ier ship! name me a better keeper in league 1 who is also an allrounder.

you know what i mean, pick at straws if that supports your weak and one sided argument!

so you'd rather a keeper leaves his goal line and drops the ball on the six yard line for an attacker to tap in than have him stay on his line and allow the defenders, who in more cases than not should have the job of clearing the cross, and be ready for any shot should the defender fail to win the ball? ah yeah good one, i always love an open goal!

The Greek guy (Dmitiri someone) @ Hartlepool is better (in fact their reserve keeper, Provett is also useful).

Gerrard at Forest & Achterberg at Tranny are as good from what I've seen.

What keepers? Stowell? He is old and was past it? No chance.

Nearly any keeper but seeing as you ask the one at Hartlepool is awesome.

Not one sided- various people agree with me and have for a long time.

Basso rarely drops it and when he does someone has cleared it or he has saved it. Won't happen forever but I'd still rather have Basso anyday.

Your right it wasn't constructive or helpful. Other people feel the same- get used to it. I feel the same about your arguments but don't slag you off!

Don;t be harsh- I'm sure there are keepers with the surname Phillips that are decent

I don;t even think Basso is that great but is a big improvement on Phillips.

Archived