IGNORED

Today Swansea Signed Leon Knight

Guest Denhilson

Guest Harry Dolman

He's disliked for his tendancy to fall over VERY easily and take the near perfect penalty!

I know that really but the hypochrasy drives me mad. When Owens dives in the world cup we will be fine about it. I sometimes think Stevie Neville invented diving, no one minded then (no City fans anyway!!).

leon knight has done next to nowt since the seagulls got promoted. the season they beat us in the playoff final he scored a few goals, but i think well over half of them were penalties. this guy is nothing special and i am glad we didnt sign him. he seems to be a lazy big-head , exactly what we don't need. GJ knows what he's doing, these types are a thing of the past and this club will take off when GJ gets the pick of the hard working ambitious types that seem to be about but that normally get snapped up by the brentfords of this world, we can out do such clubs because our budget will see that we can beat off nearly all others in the bottom two divisions. GJ will pull a rabbit out of the hat. sit tight.

leon knight has done next to nowt since the seagulls got promoted. the season they beat us in the playoff final he scored a few goals, but i think well over half of them were penalties. this guy is nothing special and i am glad we didnt sign him. he seems to be a lazy big-head , exactly what we don't need. GJ knows what he's doing, these types are a thing of the past and this club will take off when GJ gets the pick of the hard working ambitious types that seem to be about but that normally get snapped up by the brentfords of this world, we can out do such clubs because our budget will see that we can beat off nearly all others in the bottom two divisions. GJ will pull a rabbit out of the hat. sit tight.

Over half were penalties. :rofl2br:

You guys never fail to entertain me.

He scored 27 goals, 7 of which were penalties.

I don't know if Knight is a trouble maker or not, but everytime he has been in this league he has scored for fun. If £300k is being quoted for Fallon, then £125k for Knight is the steal of the century.

Am not sure why City fans dislike him - yes he has a reputation as a diver - so did Lita who we loved, & so does Jevons who many seem to covet. I guarantee that if we had a striker that regularly "won" us penalties, most of us would quickly discover "Wengervision" & be quite happy with the situation. A bit like when Michael Owen takes a tumble during the world cup.......... will we all be shouting "get on your feet you little cheat"......... no we will save our "moral highground" for when an Argentinian does it to us !

Some people dislike Knight due to the play off - again I don't understand why - Iwelumo was fouled (a stone wall penalty) - what did we expect, Knight to deliberately miss it, forfeit promotion so as not to offend the fans of Bristol City ??????

Don't go talking sense, this is too funny.

Guest Ronmeister

The ones who should come off with the most stick from the Play-Off final are not the Brighton Team, not Leon Knight, not Mark McGhee. The ones that ruined our perfect play-off dream were the 11 players that didn't turn up on that day in Cardiff (Possibly Stevie discluded). This is summed up by the fact I think we had something like 2 shots in the whole game. Leon Knight scored a penalty against us, but it was the team's fault that we lost for playing so poorly, not his, could he really be expected to miss his penalty to let us go up instead? Get a grip.

even more spark added to our game against swansea now! i won't know what abuse to hurl first :)

I'm getting so excited about the 28th. It's going to be so tasty. I'm already drawling at the mouth!

I see this diving topic has been opened up again. It just reflects badly on the whole of the 'PRO' game.

I wish the cheating bastards would sort it out, get a bit of self pride and learn a bit of moral decency. Thats why I think there should be such tough consequences for somebody caught on camera blatantly cheating(used as a topic starter in the footy forum) same as for those found guilty of using performance enhancing drugs.

I see this diving topic has been opened up again. It just reflects badly on the whole of the 'PRO' game.

I wish the cheating bastards would sort it out, get a bit of self pride and learn a bit of moral decency. Thats why I think there should be such tough consequences for somebody caught on camera blatantly cheating(used as a topic starter in the footy forum) same as for those found guilty of using performance enhancing drugs.

Yeah, but it's all part and parcel of the modern game, so it makes it alright :whistle:

Very well put with the performance enhancing drugs connection. Cheating is dishonourable!

Bring Back Sportsmanship!! :englandsmile4wf:

They should introduce rugby-style refereeing and punishments:

- bring back and actually enforce the 10 yards given for backchat.

- any player who speaks to the referee (other than the captain) to be given a yellow card.

- introduce a 10 minute sin bin for players who act against 'the spirit of the game'. i.e. diving, trying to get other players booked, timewasting, cynical fouls etc. 2 sin bins = red card. They must be really strict with this otherwise people will take the (Am I naughty or what!).

They should introduce rugby-style refereeing and punishments:

- bring back and actually enforce the 10 yards given for backchat.

- any player who speaks to the referee (other than the captain) to be given a yellow card.

- introduce a 10 minute sin bin for players who act against 'the spirit of the game'. i.e. diving, trying to get other players booked, timewasting, cynical fouls etc. 2 sin bins = red card. They must be really strict with this otherwise people will take the (Am I naughty or what!).

I thought I heard last pre season that there was going to be a rule that no more than 2 players would be allowed to surround the ref or there would be some sort of punishment. I don't know whats happened to that rule and whether it's been enforced or not?

Sin bin is probably worth experimenting with in my opinion.

Also, sometimes a player gets a yellow card for something that isn't that bad and then someone else will get a yellow for a horrific tackle (que jokes).

This might be a bit too far but maybe another card for the refs, instead of just the two, could be worth experimenting with??

The ones who should come off with the most stick from the Play-Off final are not the Brighton Team, not Leon Knight, not Mark McGhee. The ones that ruined our perfect play-off dream were the 11 players that didn't turn up on that day in Cardiff (Possibly Stevie discluded). This is summed up by the fact I think we had something like 2 shots in the whole game. Leon Knight scored a penalty against us, but it was the team's fault that we lost for playing so poorly, not his, could he really be expected to miss his penalty to let us go up instead? Get a grip.

We lost that day due to DW's tactics.

We played Brighton a couple of months earlier, drew 0-0 in a very tight game, Wilson should have changed his tactics and gone for it in the final but we played the same way and were undone because of it.

Guest C.T.I.D

Over half were penalties. :rofl2br:

You guys never fail to entertain me.

He scored 27 goals, 7 of which were penalties.

Don't go talking sense, this is too funny.

Now you can change your name and avatar to another gay club player or become an honourary sheepshagger

wow what a choice :shifty:

Faaar Cough....... both teams were total crappydappydoodooshit on the day and no team present deserved to win anything, Bristol City FC or Brighton & Hove Albion

It was the case that one team would win on the day and despite it not being us..... they did :( the rest is history................ dive dive dive mush!

Knight has just got a hat trick.......

Silly people. Knight is a League One striker and always HAS been. He scored 27 last time in this division but the VERY NEXT season in the Championship he scored 4. Yes, FOUR

2003/4:

Games started: 52 (plus 1 as sub)

Goals: 27

2004/5

Games started: 35 (plus 6 as sub)

Goals: 4

2005/6

Games started: 24 (plus 3 as sub)

Goals: 8 (including a hat-trick for Swansea)

Point is, Swansea got a huge bargain and will go up with his goals. And when you taunt him and he smacks another hat-trick past you I will laugh.

Good luck to him. A lot of people here refer to him as the poison dwarf...he had to go, basically. We should've got much more for him though. Grr.

Archived