IGNORED

Grant Smith / Rory Fallon

BigTone

WDP say the Swindon could be interested in taking Grant Smith back. Perhaps an exchange for Rory Fallon + City paying a few quid could be good business.

Grant Smith has played well for half a season (in his career). I'd say his transfer value is in the region of 0 - 15k. Fallon has been banging in goals this season having had a poor season 2004-05. Prior to that he'd had a decent strike rate for Swindle after signing from Barnsley.

Given that i'd like to see him score prolifically for another season before saying he's made it then i'd value him at between £250-£350k + sell-on.

His contract is up at end of season and not sure whether he can leave for free or not, would assume his age is quite close to 24.

Your quote is correct but we'd have to pay more than a few quid for Fallon.

I can't believe the Swindle fans would want Smith back. If I were one I certainly wouldn't. It'd be like us taking back Aaron Brown.

Having seen the unerring accuracy with which Fallon is able to head the ball precisely two foot over the bar, I wouldn't be too keen on having him here either. There are better options.

Guest Harry Dolman

I can't beleive anyone would pay > £100k for Fallon. Prior to this season even most Swindon fans thought him a carthorse (bar the wonder goal v us !!).

In fact he was such a success at Swindon last season that he was loaned out to a league 2 outfit. Their name escapes me, but I think the manager is quite shrewd!

Guest Harry Dolman

They rejected a £300k from Swansea yesterday.

I know thats been reported but I don't believe it. Swindon are financially screwed - they wouldn't down £300K for a striker who a) has only done well for the past 6 mths & b) is out of contract in the summer.

They rejected a £300k from Swansea yesterday.

It was an undisclosed bid. £300,000 (as far as I know) is paper talk.

Although I can see Grant Smith returning I very much doubt it'll involve Rory Fallon... Grant Smith deserves to come back crawling on his hands and knees BEGGING for a job, he and his dad got greedy and it hasn't paid off for them.

As the fountain of Swindon knowledge, Swindlered, quite rightly points out Monsieur Smith has only had 1/2 a good season.... Ever and Fallon is only this season become genuine First XI (at Swindon) quality. He was very poor last season but has improved since leaving Parkin's shadow!

It's well documented Smith lives in Cheltenham... So it'll be us, Gas or Cheltenham that should be in the running.

WDP say the Swindon could be interested in taking Grant Smith back. Perhaps an exchange for Rory Fallon + City paying a few quid could be good business.

Sounds like the WDP making up a deal if you ask me, but if it's true bring it on!

It's well documented Smith lives in Cheltenham... So it'll be us, Gas or Cheltenham that should be in the running.

Agree with that and you can add Oxford & Wycombe.

It was an undisclosed bid. £300,000 (as far as I know) is paper talk.

Although I can see Grant Smith returning I very much doubt it'll involve Rory Fallon... Grant Smith deserves to come back crawling on his hands and knees BEGGING for a job, he and his dad got greedy and it hasn't paid off for them.

As the fountain of Swindon knowledge, Swindlered, quite rightly points out Monsieur Smith has only had 1/2 a good season.... Ever and Fallon is only this season become genuine First XI (at Swindon) quality. He was very poor last season but has improved since leaving Parkin's shadow!

Iffy seemed very cagey about the prospect of Smith going back to you, in that WDP article he may aswell have just said "I'm not sure Smith has the right attitude for what I'm trying to acheive at the moment", I'm not convinced he'll be going back to Swindon.

I can't believe the Swindle fans would want Smith back. If I were one I certainly wouldn't. It'd be like us taking back Aaron Brown.

Correct, he's a **** and if he comes back I'll let him know so.

Iffy's not interested either.

As for Fallon, can you match the attraction and finance of Forest or Swansea? No.

As for Fallon, can you match the attraction and finance of Forest or Swansea? No.

although this is true, swansea have now bought leon night and forest have spent over 600K on tyson. fallon might be a different sort of player, but not sure they need him. plus we have the local factor. would like to think we could get him but not convinced.

Correct, he's a **** and if he comes back I'll let him know so.

Iffy's not interested either.

If we needed him badly enough we could match, but i don't think the overrated and over priced player would suit us!

I don't know. There's something about Fallon that makes me believe he just wouldn't go to City, because of how it would affect the Swindon fans.

At the end of the day, Grant Smith is a shady jock who would probably trample over his own mother for a better paid contract without having to get off his arse. ****.

Guest Harry Dolman

I don't know. There's something about Fallon that makes me believe he just wouldn't go to City, because of how it would affect the Swindon fans.

Hmmm........ am sure Swindon fans said the same about Smith, all of 7 months ago.

Can't see Smith returning to Swindon or Fallon coming here to tell the truth.

Grant Smith has played well for half a season (in his career). I'd say his transfer value is in the region of 0 - 15k. Fallon has been banging in goals this season having had a poor season 2004-05. Prior to that he'd had a decent strike rate for Swindle after signing from Barnsley.

Given that i'd like to see him score prolifically for another season before saying he's made it then i'd value him at between £250-£350k + sell-on.

His contract is up at end of season and not sure whether he can leave for free or not, would assume his age is quite close to 24.

Your quote is correct but we'd have to pay more than a few quid for Fallon.

SMITH IS CRAP GIVE HIM BACK

None of them.He will be signing for Walsall.This transfer lark is easy if you have the right contacts.

walsall just signed Mads Timm from manu, who is similar to fallon. would be surprised if they had anywhere near the funds to buy anyone anyway.

I can see Fallon joining you... Just like I could see Smith joining you. You'd be a fool to have missed the blatant negotiating through the media, conducted by the Smith family.

Johnson's silence only worries me, mind you - He didn't do THAT well during his loan spell at Yeovil last season.

I don't think Fallon is the forward you are looking for.

I don't think Fallon is the forward you are looking for.

a bit of the old 'jedi mind trick' there, eh! :)

Iffy O:"fallons not the player you are looking for..."

Gary J:"Iffy, i told you before: stop ringing me, you can't have Heywood back!" :w00t:

sorry couldn't resist! do forgive! :)

a bit of the old 'jedi mind trick' there, eh! :)

Iffy O:"fallons not the player you are looking for..."

Gary J:"Iffy, i told you before: stop ringing me, you can't have Heywood back!" :w00t:

sorry couldn't resist! do forgive! :)

Cheerfully forgiven :)

Do you (or anyone else reading this) genuinely think Fallon would add something extra to your squad?

Say No

Do you (or anyone else reading this) genuinely think Fallon would add something extra to your squad?

Say No

Not really. We've got much weaker positions that need strengthening first. But I'm sure someone will buy him.

Cheerfully forgiven :)

Say No

well right now i'd take anyone who works hard and scores goals! but in all fairness i think we need a different type of player, so no, i don't think he'd add something! clearly this jedi mind malarky is working! :) plus savage is turning out to be the big presence we needed, even if the goals ain't their yet, so i don't even think we will sign a striker right away, would much rather a couple of lefties (winger and full back) to get more chances to what we have. plus fallon leaving could sink your teams so he wouldn't be cheap, and i'd be surprised if we had the cash to get hold of a 11 goal-so-far striker right now.

spin the question round, who do you want/need at swindle to save your team?

spin the question round, who do you want/need at swindle to save your team?

It's not an easy question.

Fact is Fallon is scoring goals therefore must keep with but with £300,000 being the fee mentioned we'd be silly to turn that down.

We need someone to start scoring goals alongside him... This is where we need Cureton.

We have missed Grant Smith's EXTRA goals from midfield.

I couldn't think of a realistic name who would join Swindon to be honest... I'm used to loanees now!

I wouldn't pay £300k for Fallon on the basis of half a good season, after being mediocre for 3 or 4 years previously. There are defiantely better options out there. As for Smith, judging from the Swindle fans reactions when he signed for us, I don't think they'd welcome him back with open arms.

It's not an easy question.

Fact is Fallon is scoring goals therefore must keep with but with £300,000 being the fee mentioned we'd be silly to turn that down.

i agree. a ipswich supporting mate claims you sold them a total dud with Sam Parkin, and that was about a million after two seasons of quality. 6 months of fallon on form couldn't justify 300k. but i'd take it if i was iffy!

We need someone to start scoring goals alongside him... This is where we need Cureton.

he probably has 6 more months. after that he is only going to get less effective. still, if i was you i'd be dissapointed if you can't get 7-8 goals out of him to keep you in contention before may.

We have missed Grant Smith's EXTRA goals from midfield.

from what i've seen you really haven't missed much. he's yours for a fallon! :D

I couldn't think of a realistic name who would join Swindon to be honest... I'm used to loanees now!

its a tricky game that loan malarky. if anyone on loan (especially from above) picks up a bit of form they only going to cost more, catch someone elses wandering eye or get recalled. all of those situations leave you in the mess. david noble was a great idea (get someone from lower down, then buy em if they're good) but i think that isn't going to be an option now the transfer window is open. i can't quite see who city could attract right now, let alone for swindon! at least we are a bit clear of the drop! you look like your in it for the long haul this term.

Archived