IGNORED

Big Sam Loses The Plot

Alex_BCFC

What is wrong with 'Big Sam'? I have read his thoughts on what Alan Green (who nearly always talks sense- just look at what he said about Everton) and most of what he is saying is hilarious.

He says that he is sick and tired of being dismissed of being long ball merchants.- Well for the most part they are so get used to it.

He says Chelsea play the long ball and no one has a go at them.- Chelsea are the most hated club in the country now and do play the long ball sometimes. Many people have noticed how Chelsea have played the long ball sometimes- they do what they have to do to win. To say no-one has suggested this is naive.

He says the only reason people criticise Bolton is because they win matches they shouldn't.- Wrong, they criticise Bolton because Bolton play ugly and have 'cheating' players like Diouf. No one is having a go at Bolton for winning matches they shouldn't.

I listened to 606 and Alan Green never once said it didn't get results and it wasn't effective. He was literally saying that it wasn't pretty and for £30 a time it wasn't value for money from a neutral persceptive and possibly a Bolton fans. I've seen Bolton more than just on MOTD and I have to agree.

One guy phoned in and said if Big Sam was England manager he would support Scotland! I would hope that if he ever became manager of England he wouldn't deem it neccessary to play that way else I might be joining that bloke.

Also everyone is entilted to an opinion. Just because Big Sam doesn't agree with Alan Green why should he be so childish as to snub the BBC. Pathetic.

He says the only reason people criticise Bolton is because they win matches they shouldn't.- Wrong, they criticise Bolton because Bolton play ugly and have 'cheating' players like Diouf. No one is having a go at Bolton for winning matches they shouldn't.

I've mentioned this sort of thing before. I think another reason Bolton win is because they bore everyone within a two mile radious of them to sleep and then score a goal and win 1-0.

I wrote something about Sam Aladyse's comments here, I was saying how the desire to win has gone too far in my opinion.

I agree with you that he may be losing the plot after more than a few things he has said. He needs to calm down before he misses out on more than three points!

Boring Boring Bolton!

I've mentioned this sort of thing before. I think another reason Bolton win is because they bore everyone within a two mile radious of them to sleep and then score a goal and win 1-0.

I wrote something about Sam Aladyse's comments here, I was saying how the desire to win has gone too far in my opinion.

I agree with you that he may be losing the plot after more than a few things he has said. He needs to calm down before he misses out on more than three points!

Boring Boring Bolton!

I'm not even convinced they are boring but just that Alan Green was right to say they are ugly in the way they get results. I hope Allerydyce isn;t manager of England- I'd rather keep Sven who I hate.

It's a myth that long ball football is, by its very nature, boring. Affective long ball football can be a joy to watch and no less entertaining than a purely on the floor game. If you hadn't noticed, City's recent revival in form has been largely due to a good long ball game up towards two big strikers.

It's a myth that long ball football is, by its very nature, boring. Affective long ball football can be a joy to watch and no less entertaining than a purely on the floor game. If you hadn't noticed, City's recent revival in form has been largely due to a good long ball game up towards two big strikers.

Not true. City played some good stuff agianst Walsall and the reason we look better is because we aren't just hoofing it up to Brooker. Even Orr and Woodman aren't playing it long that much.

Archived