IGNORED

Loan Signings

BENGLOSBCFC

Guest yateady

He only scored one goal for us, in fact. Unfortunately, he was kept out of the starting 11 by Sean McCarthy, who was on loan from Oldham, posessed no finesse, put in 100% effort, had a physique like Viduka and a face like a veruka.

one of the biggest clanggers ward made imo, and also not signing emerson thome, who 2 years later signed for chelsea and then went to sunderland for about 2 million, ward what a hero gets us promotion and then declares 3 months later "i don't know what 2 do".

Any one remember Robert Fleck coming on loan from Norwich in the early 90's?

He was class and i remember the whole of the gate singing sign him on sign him on......

We should try that if Lita signs on loan :pray: Allthough it never worked cause he

went back to Norwich,Mark Robins was a close second.Any one pre 90's ?

I thought Neil Maddison from Middlesborough was a good loan sighning. Lua Luas performance down here for Colchester was outstanding, probably the best ive seen.If i remember rightly i think tinnion scored our goal in a 1-1 draw. Mark Robbins was one of the best loan sighnings.

Robins was a spent force when he came to AG - as his subsequent retirement has shown. I know its early days but Noble has impressed me far more than any other loan signing in the last 15 years.

Thats a really good point robbored. I like Noble, It looks like he's got the ability to improve at lot more as well. :pray:

Guest The Codfather 0312

He said he was desperate to to at City................Rotherham called him back.

Yes he was but then he didn't want to move away from the north.

I think that was one of the only times I have seen a player from the other team clapped off of the pitch.

I remember John Salako (on loan to Swansea during Joe Jordan's first reign at AG) coming to Ashton Gate and running the game. He was absolutely superb, and received a huge round of applause when he came off the pitch.

Tommy Black and Tony Dinning were great loans.

Super Mark Robins was the best i've seen.

just goes to prove that great loans do not always convert to great signings - dinning [not that i recall him being that great as a loan but i bow to your superior knowledge]

robins went on to sign for wed and faded quite fast.

Archived