IGNORED

Loan Signings

BENGLOSBCFC

Any one remember Robert Fleck coming on loan from Norwich in the early 90's?

He was class and i remember the whole of the gate singing sign him on sign him on......

We should try that if Lita signs on loan :pray: Allthough it never worked cause he

went back to Norwich,Mark Robins was a close second.Any one pre 90's ?

I never new he was on loan first.Jason Roberts was one we let go aswell.Look at him now!

Yeah, we had him on load for a couple of months. I remember people were desperate for us to sign him (including me). He was cracking player for us wasn't he? I always remember him being skillful and pacey. He seemed to change his game and was a less exciting player when he got to the Premiership. Not that it did him any harm. He always been a vastly underrated player in my opinion. And he's outscoring Shearer this season.

Yeah, we had him on load for a couple of months. I remember people were desperate for us to sign him (including me). He was cracking player for us wasn't he? I always remember him being skillful and pacey. He seemed to change his game and was a less exciting player when he got to the Premiership. Not that it did him any harm. He always been a vastly underrated player in my opinion. And he's outscoring Shearer this season.

scored a few goals aswell if i remember,We have had some quality players over the years,If

we could get championship football we will be able to hold on to them!Lita,Akinbiya all went to

champ clubs. Hopefully the same wont be sed of Bas Savage in years to come!! :w00t:

David Howells is the best loan signing I've seen at the Gate. He parked himself in front of our back 4 for a month while we were in what is now the Championship and just oozed class.

scored a cracking goal at the east end too. can't remember who it was against, but was top corner and top class.

Guest The Codfather 0312
Tommy Black and Tony Dinning were great loans.

Super Mark Robins was the best i've seen.

Was just about to say Tommy Black, But if I remember he only played 2-3 games got injured away at Brentford and then went back to Arsenal to get treatment and then moved to Crystal Palace.

Wasn't a loan signing but I remember Lua Lua for Colchester(may have been same game as when Black made his debut but don't quote me on that) He played fantstic against us and I remember at the end all the City fans' were singing sign him up.

Lua Lua's display in the pouring rain at ashton gate was one of the if not the best individual display i've seen at ashton. You could tell he was far too good for them and us. tommy black only played a couple but compared to goodridge or murray at the time he was so so good.

Guest The Codfather 0312
Lua Lua's display in the pouring rain at ashton gate was one of the if not the best individual display i've seen at ashton. You could tell he was far too good for them and us. tommy black only played a couple but compared to goodridge or murray at the time he was so so good.

I think that was one of the only times I have seen a player from the other team clapped off of the pitch.

Andy Cole and Leroy Rosenior in attack ... :dance:

Guest Mr Brightside

i think we would of gone up if we bought robin's. but in saying that i felt the team and everybody else did rely on him too much so when he left we looked a bit lost and it proved.

Guest The Codfather 0312
i think we would of gone up if we bought robin's. but in saying that i felt the team and everybody else did rely on him too much so when he left we looked a bit lost and it proved.

He was a good loan signing and if it wasn't for him we wouldn't have got to the Ldv final.

The reason why we didn't sign him was because he wanted to stay up north.

Guest Mr Brightside

He was a good loan signing and if it wasn't for him we wouldn't have got to the Ldv final.

The reason why we didn't sign him was because he wanted to stay up north.

wilson said it was because rotherham wanted too much for him :dunno:

Andy Cole and Leroy Rosenior in attack ... :dance:

They were class. Between them & Jacki, they saved us from the drop by themselves that season.

Other than Cole, I'd go for Robins. Christian Edwards looked useful as well when we had him on loan (though compared to the rest of the defence at that time, anyone would).

scored a few goals aswell if i remember

He only scored one goal for us, in fact. Unfortunately, he was kept out of the starting 11 by Sean McCarthy, who was on loan from Oldham, posessed no finesse, put in 100% effort, had a physique like Viduka and a face like a veruka.

Archived