IGNORED

Where Does Your Loyalty Lie?

dagest

I can't help but notice on here that many people's loyalty towards players seems to be more important than that towards the team.

I can understand people having their favourite players, for whatever reason, but in the cases of Phillips and Stewart can you honestly say that their inclusion will benefit a team whose best run of form has coincided with their exclusion? I'm not against Stewart having another chance, but why can't people ask for this without slagging off Savage? Like him or not, at least admit the bloke has made a positive impact.

Do you really believe that Bassos and Savage's impact has really been so neglible? Get off Bassos and Savage's back and support the team and enjoy our current form rather than venting your spleen about the exclusion of your favourite player.

I can't say I had particularly noticed. I think it is fair to say Savage has very limited ability, but despite that, is effective. As regards our keepers, again, I have not noticed too much criticism of Basso. Some posters have gone overboard making him out to be some 'Wonder-Keeper', so a few of us have tried to get it back to reality and pointed out that he has made a number of errors, but so far, not costly ones. As a keeper, I rate him as OK, but little more. He might improve, or might even get shunted aside once the new Keeper arrives (Weale?).

I think we do back the players picked, but part of the fun is having opinions - As long as it does not get too vicious and personal, as it has with Phillips recently.

All fans fundamently support the team but within that we all have opinions and views on the players,management and the way the club is run.Its not just a phenomina exclusive to City - all fans of all clubs are the same.

If someone thinks that a certain player is not upto a first time place then is their right to say so.It helps if thier opinion is supported by logical arguement.Sadly thats not so in many cases.

I for one will not keep an opinion on a player to myself simply because to express that opinion might been seen as disloyal and "not getting behind the team".

I for one will not keep an opinion on a player to myself simply because to express that opinion might been seen as disloyal and "not getting behind the team".

I agree with that in essence. For example, it was important to express our frustrations in the latter part of Tinnion's reign. That was understandable becasue the team was terrible.

But shouldn't it be related to context? I just don't see how upsetting this "good" team in which every player knows their job and works together as effective as a unit can help the team. Is it worth the risk of changing a winning formula?

A fan supports the club, not any individual above the club, else fans would transplant their loyalties after a transfer. For example, all those who liked Leroy Lita would, if they supported the player above the club, transferred their allegience to Reading.

I stated as such , my point was phillips has had a bad bit of form but instead of slating him

support the fact we HAD 2 keepers of quality competing ..

I then get told i am being too EMOTIONAL ...

Sometimes i feel whatever your opinion some people just want to challenge it..

Oh and in answer to the question The Team, I like certain players but if they left i would support whoever came in as replacement

It all comes down to attitude and Steve phillips and Marcus Stewart have not shown the right attitude hence thats why they are not in the team.

Basso and Savage have earnt their shirts and in my opinion shoould keep them.

if Stewart and Phillips want out let them go........................................

I can't help but notice on here that many people's loyalty towards players seems to be more important than that towards the team.

I can understand people having their favourite players, for whatever reason, but in the cases of Phillips and Stewart can you honestly say that their inclusion will benefit a team whose best run of form has coincided with their exclusion? I'm not against Stewart having another chance, but why can't people ask for this without slagging off Savage? Like him or not, at least admit the bloke has made a positive impact.

Do you really believe that Bassos and Savage's impact has really been so neglible? Get off Bassos and Savage's back and support the team and enjoy our current form rather than venting your spleen about the exclusion of your favourite player.

Give me the team every time. I have seen enough Bristolians leave this club as soon as a decent offer comes along to know that loyalty is a dirty word in football. If the team are getting wins with Basso and Bas in the starting eleven then I really couldn't care less who'se nose is put out of joint by sitting on the bench. I will always support the eleven players on the pitch in a City shirt regardless of whether I think they are my personal favourites or not and on that basis, with the results we are getting, I am more than happy to be watching Bas and Basso at the moment!!

Bristol City Football Club will ALWAYS take priority over any individual player, no matter what factor. I appricate any player who goes out on the field in a City shirt and puts their heart and soul in to it, and will cheer till my throat is raw in support of them, no matter what the result. Its about whats good for the team and club, not about individuals or reputations.

Support the team on the pitch no matter who's playing, under who, wearing what, winning, losing, rain or shine, home or away.

The forum IS the place to kick around ideas, get angry, express opinions slagging everyone off without really having an impact upon the team, it's morale or results.

All fans fundamently support the team but within that we all have opinions and views on the players,management and the way the club is run.Its not just a phenomina exclusive to City - all fans of all clubs are the same.

If someone thinks that a certain player is not upto a first time place then is their right to say so.It helps if thier opinion is supported by logical arguement.Sadly thats not so in many cases.

Your second paragraph is correct, except that on our forum we get too many posts that describe a player as "rubbish", "a joke", "out of his depth", "not fit for Western League football" or similar without any substantiation whatsoever. In other words we have too many people who seem to enjoy taking cheap shots at any player who does not meet their exacting requirements which is a shame.

I keep an eye open for old favourites like Andy Cole "super" Bob Taylor etc but I be Brisle City 100% ex players are just that gone and no longer part of the team I support, wheel them out at half time once their playing days are over and I'll clap as loud as the next bloke, put them on the pitch against us and they are the enemy!

I keep an eye open for old favourites like Andy Cole "super" Bob Taylor etc but I be Brisle City 100% ex players are just that gone and no longer part of the team I support, wheel them out at half time once their playing days are over and I'll clap as loud as the next bloke, put them on the pitch against us and they are the enemy!

well said.

Archived