IGNORED

Burton Gk

Tipps

The guy in goal for Burton, am I mistaken or did we have him on trial last season but he turned us down??

And now he's taken a step forward by playing for Burton Albion :doh:

Thats correct, he was on trial from Notts Coulty. Deeney is a young Irish goalie. Supposed to be decent aswel, is he playing well?

He's doing ok, still 0-0 at the moment.

Guest C.T.I.D

Deeney just saved a Rooney volley in the 89' with his feet,Full time Albion 0 - 0 Man Ure,fair play to albion they played well and better side most of the game :dance:

Deeney is out of contract as of now,worth another go i think

Either way still a cracking save.

I think i am the only one that actually thinks it was ok but nothing special, and infact cant believe all this hype this keeper is getting for that save and the one from Rooney which was straight at him.

If we sign him on this basis then gosh.

yep... to be fair he played well, but that shot in the last minute was straight at him.

still, had to be there to save it.

The save looked good on T.V. but it was lucky and you could say he dived too early the other way.

A better hit or slightly higher shot would have embarrassed him.

lets just hope city get somewhere in the cup next season! considering how badly clubs outside the top flight have shown up teams from "The Best League In Europe" i wish we'd had a crack a one of them! shows how overhyped top flight football is in this country when teams representing our flagship league in european competition (Middlesborough, Everton, Manchester Incorporated PLC) can't play on a muddy pitch! some good results for grass roots football this year, in my opinion.

Many of these Premiership sides (the exception being Liverpool - this season!) don't take the early rounds of the FA Cup as seriously as they used to and consequently they play weakened sides.Thats why we see so many "suprise" results.

Spurs rested Mido and Davids,Man Utd put out a reserve side,and Fulham had 4 regular first teamers resting. None of them won.

As a supporter of a lower league team I would feel pretty irritated if City drew Arsenal in the 3rd round and they showed up minus Thierry Henry,Antonio Reyes and Sol Campbell.What other chance to we ordinary fans get to see these top players? They really do short change us.

its true. at least with a couple of the results this weekend they'll be forced to take it more seriously in future. with all the replays they've got because of it the managers will l all be moaning about fixture congestion now, you wait and see!

Many of these Premiership sides (the exception being Liverpool - this season!) don't take the early rounds of the FA Cup as seriously as they used to and consequently they play weakened sides.Thats why we see so many "suprise" results.

Spurs rested Mido and Davids,Man Utd put out a reserve side,and Fulham had 4 regular first teamers resting. None of them won.

As a supporter of a lower league team I would feel pretty irritated if City drew Arsenal in the 3rd round and they showed up minus Thierry Henry,Antonio Reyes and Sol Campbell.What other chance to we ordinary fans get to see these top players? They really do short change us.

What gets me is the commentators going on about the amount of effort & running the lower legaue/non league players are putting in. Has it ever occurred to them that maybe if they put in that much effort every match, then they wouldn't be playing for Burton/Nuneaton etc.

Archived