IGNORED

Blackpool Away

RedTauntonian

Who's going? anybody staying over?

There are 4 of us going up on the saturday morning and staying over the night, to expensive to stay up on the friday night as well! Well if its anything like last year then it will be anyway! Don't think the bank manager liked it very much!

Also if you are thinking of staying up there, then i would make sure you sort somewhere to stay before going up there, as it is the pigeon weekend that weekend, so it will be very busy.

I have training in Lancaster on Friday, convient timing once again :whistle:

So staying up in Lancaster Thurs/Friday night. So I'll be there, ready to embrace the best away stand in our league :pinch:

Anyone who hasn't been before, advice: Wrap up warm, bring waterproofs and :pray: its not cold, wet & windy!

I have training in Lancaster on Friday, convient timing once again :whistle:

So staying up in Lancaster Thurs/Friday night. So I'll be there, ready to embrace the best away stand in our league :pinch:

Anyone who hasn't been before, advice: Wrap up warm, bring waterproofs and :pray: its not cold, wet & windy!

It's the only ground I've been to where you feel like you might collapse the stand if everyone stood up at once...

Iam going with 5 pals on friday morning staying till sunday afternoon.

Staying in hotel b/b&evening meal £53 pp for the two nights.

Any sugguestions to the best places to go on the evenings?

On the day of the game The Manchester near the ground on the sea front is well worth a visit. Was awsome when I last went to Blackpool, shame we got stuffed.

On the day of the game The Manchester near the ground on the sea front is well worth a visit. Was awsome when I last went to Blackpool, shame we got stuffed.

Strippers that started out wearing City Kits and took em off to the strains of The Wurzels as I remember?

It's the only ground I've been to where you feel like you might collapse the stand if everyone stood up at once...

EDR was in attendance last year, and it witheld him :whistle:

EDR was in attendance last year, and it witheld him :whistle:

You clearly won't remember this but I think you were sat in front and just to the right of my friends and I. I recall recognising you from your previous forum profile pic :cool:

Edit: Hey, that emoticon I just posted appeared as a guy with sunglasses in the posting page. What gives?

Edit2: What the hell? Before I posted that it was appearing as the rocker emoticon...

Edit3: OK, the above emoticon is switching between a static guy wearing sunglasses and a guy with his hand in the air giving the 'rawk' salute and banging his head up and down. WHAT

You clearly won't remember this but I think you were sat in front and just to the right of my friends and I. I recall recognising you from your previous forum profile pic :cool:

Edit: Hey, that emoticon I just posted appeared as a guy with sunglasses in the posting page. What gives?

Edit2: What the hell? Before I posted that it was appearing as the rocker emoticon...

The big fat bloke next to Tom was err...... but then EDR was behind me so prob blocking the view from the rear Hmm, I bet there's a smilie on here that conveys laughter but I'm too lazy to look for it.

Heaven N Hell is still rated the best night club. Yates's is good fun as is Brannaghans, Edwards is full of posers. Quite a few lap dancing bars, more pubs per square foot than any in Britain but drink out of bottles, many water their beer and lager somewhat!

The Manchester was being refurbished last time I was there but think it has reopened now. It's on the front at the end of Lytham Road to the west of the ground (about 500 yards).

Guest Cary Grant supported City

So staying up in Lancaster Thurs/Friday night.

Don't forget Preston for the night life afterwards then Tom,

Was up there just before Christmas!!

More totty per head than anywhere else, and attractive too boot!.

:wub::whistle:;)

Having lived 8 miles from Preston for some time I can say that the nightlife in Preston is carp compared to Blackpool and even Lancaster. The aforementioned totty is only there during University of Lancashire term time! In any case Lancaster has far more students at Lancaster Uni and St Martins teacher Training College (where the males are outnumbered 4:1) :dance:

Guest Patdfb

Having lived in Preston for ages, can say is largish City contingent in the City see shirts all the time.. was at least 12 of us in Roper Hall wotching Cardiff match at Ninnian when tins scored penalty iirc bar manager was City fan as Well!!!!!!!... top for a night out... was also going to say poss cheaper than Blackpool to stay over... train from Preston to Blackpool south shouldbe approx 5.60 plenty of pubs in town centre... tnight life is great depending on what you looking for... recomend market tavern, for real ale fans, or New Britannia Inn, for those more concenred with fun, take your pick from Mood, The Assembly, Squares, Yates, Manyanas loads more as well. For Drinks before Match.. if changing train The Railway, or Vic and Station are right next to the station.....

Hope that helps

TTFN PINKY

Don't forget Preston for the night life afterwards then Tom,

Was up there just before Christmas!!

More totty per head than anywhere else, and attractive too boot!.

:wub::whistle:;)

We'll be doing Lancaster as it was girlies university town. Water Witch for food and then onwards to the campus bars possibly :shifty:

We'll be doing Lancaster as it was girlies university town. Water Witch for food and then onwards to the campus bars possibly :shifty:

I'm in Lancaster Thursday and Friday of this week for my Grandads 80th Birthday. So out of the beer for me on Thursday. Deja Vu for me but will be a new experience for my other half. So Walkabout for me it is. :Party3:

I'll have a word with some of my old school mates Tom and find out where to go and where not to go is now a days.

Archived