IGNORED

Fact........

Dolman Block B

Tommy Doherty is one of only a few players who used to play for city i would welcome back (only others Lita, Cole, and Hill). If he wants to come back to us and put in 100% commitment every game then i will welcome him back with open arms.

he did leave because he did not like Tinnions management if i remember rightly and now that he is gone, maybe coming back to work with Gary Johnson will transform the Doherty we all used to know and remember. The one who never shyed out of a tackle and put in 100% every game (before Tins was appointed)

i don't think many will agree with me with this but what the hell......Tommy Doc back to City :dance:

Tommy couldn't cope with Johnson's new professional stance on training and players fitness! Nor would Johnson take any of the Tommy turning up to training in a drunken state.

So the chances of a Tommy return are very slim in my opinion.

Never know with Tom. I reckon he and GJ would get on ok GJ knows his strengths and i still think we miss him

Johnson would laugh him back out of the training ground. He's got nowhere near the level of fitness required by the new regime.

It would be a massive backward step to sign him back.

I reckon he could clean up his act because GJ is a manager with discipline and if Tommy wanted to play for City he would cut his drinking

Yeah and he's playing under a real softy at the moment...

Tommy Doherty is one of only a few players who used to play for city i would welcome back

Then you're deluded

If he wants to come back to us and put in 100% commitment every game then i will welcome him back with open arms.

100% commitment & Tommy won't happen.

he did leave because he did not like Tinnions management if i remember rightly and now that he is gone, maybe coming back to work with Gary Johnson will transform the Doherty we all used to know and remember.

He didn't like discipline or being told the truth about being unfit.He didn't play many games, always suspended or injured.

The one who never shyed out of a tackle and put in 100% every game (before Tins was appointed)

About 5/6 years ago, yes.

i don't think many will agree with me

At least you've got that right :)

with this but what the hell......Tommy Doc back to City :dance:

Yeh, Man City :rolleyes:

Look, lots of people make the mistake of looking at what TD was like when he first came into the side and that was a cracking player who could get around the pitch, run, tackle, shoot & pass with both feet and head it-In another words, the complete midfielder.

Holloway though he could bring that out of him as well.He was also deluded beacuse he was never the same after two serious injuries, started drinking & smoking and, frankly, couldn't give a toss.

Sorry mate, he's screwed it up for himself and bringing him back would be a massively retrogressive step.

More importantly do GJ BCFC or THE FANS want him back. Personally i do, he fell out bigtime with Tinnion and was a tough little f...ker in midfield

I think you're confusing toughness with fitness and ability.

Guest alex1089

he loved it at city and didn't want to leave really but had to due to Tinnion. I woulf take him back deffinatly because he is a great player and GJ could get him in shape.

Holloway described Doherty when he signed him as "damaged goods" who he honestly believed he could repair. Has Doherty done anything this season to suggest he is "repaired". If so, I am sure Holloway would persuade him to stay at QPR. If not, then I would really hope, with Johnson in charge, that the time for sentimental claptrap is over and we won't touch him with a bargepole.

Holloway described Doherty when he signed him as "damaged goods" who he honestly believed he could repair. Has Doherty done anything this season to suggest he is "repaired". If so, I am sure Holloway would persuade him to stay at QPR. If not, then I would really hope, with Johnson in charge, that the time for sentimental claptrap is over and we won't touch him with a bargepole.

I just got told by a QPR fan that he's the best midfielder at the club.

A better version of Marc Bircham so I'm told.

and very true thread. Tommy Doc is desperate and will do anything to rejoin BCFC again.

Source, lets say ive just got back from the algarve after a 10 day stay.

fact ,you talk poo i know his mate.one of his best mate's

:disapointed2se:

Tommy Doherty is one of only a few players who used to play for city i would welcome back (only others Lita, Cole, and Hill).

is that all. :dunno:

Well, assuming you are correct, we have no chance of getting him anyway. Whatever peoples opinions are on Holloway, if he can't bring the best out of Doherty I don't think Gary Johnson or anybody else can.

Well, assuming you are correct, we have no chance of getting him anyway. Whatever peoples opinions are on Holloway, if he can't bring the best out of Doherty I don't think Gary Johnson or anybody else can.

I would totally agree.

I'd love him back, but on our terms, and as much as I like Tommy, its doubtful that we'd get them.

If we could get a "clean" Tommy we would have an awsome player. I just don't think he has it in him to stay away from the pub and the fags.

A "clean" Tommy would have eventually been good enough for the Prem in my opinion.

That's why it's such a massive pity he hasn't been able to motivate himself to get fit enough and control the verbal side of his game.

I'd think the only way he'd ever be able to come back is as a free agent and after spending an entire pre season proving his fitness.

Nibor

Archived