Dolman Block B

Guest C.T.I.D

picture the scene :pinch:

Gary J is holding a training session at leigh woods

Tommy Doc turns up late,B&H glowing in the breeze

The aroma of a night with Stella fills the air

TD says 'boss i'm here for training,I'm back lads'

GJ says go home tommy :blink:

when i watched a load of city goals on world he was the creator of a hell of a lot of them.

He had a quality pass and could spot a run that not many in this division could.

I would welcome him back as a bit of bite in the middle is what we need.

Forget his outside of football stuff, his on the pitch stuff was sometimes amazing and it is what we miss.

Tommy D became a liability towards he end of his City days. He fell too much in love with the pint and although he had plenty of ability his drink culture obsession ruined any chance he had of staying.

I don't think he'll be back. Probably better off without him taking everything into account. We don't need a sot in the squad.

Forget his outside of football stuff, his on the pitch stuff was sometimes amazing and it is what we miss.

Well I didn't see any of the sides who were promoted over the past 6 seasons missing him, and none of them had him. I was surprised by this, so I looked into it and it turns out that a lot of them managed to find tough-tackling midfielders with a bit of quality on the ball who didn't have 20-a-day habits and anger management problems. Surely we can do that too rather than trying to bring back someone who was a failure anyway?

Or maybe we have already and his name is David Noble....

and very true thread. Tommy Doc is desperate and will do anything to rejoin BCFC again.

So what ... who needs a player who through lack of fitness and discipline (two sides of the same coin) would only be available for two-thirds of the fixtures and would struggle to last beyond the hour mark in those?

when i watched a load of city goals on world he was the creator of a hell of a lot of them.

He had a quality pass and could spot a run that not many in this division could.

I would welcome him back as a bit of bite in the middle is what we need.

The 'outside of football stuff' affected his football and that is the big problem.

Guest yateady

The 'outside of football stuff' affected his football and that is the big problem.

td remindes me of another ex city player we had, mickey tanner, he had great ability and was strong in the tackle, but with a terrible attitude, we sold him for£20k to bath city, if i remember he nutted another player and never really did much after that, getting to the point, with td's habbits i wouldn't touch him, i also think with the injuries he has had, time has caught up with him and he was sometimes like watching a 40 year old jimmy case trying to catch a player half his age. it's a shame because there is no doubt he has or had great footballing ability and at one stage could of been the poor mans gerry gow.

Old news.

Of course he would love to get back into the comfort zone and Holloway would love to loose him.

Trouble is GJ & Millen don't want him bak so that's that.

I didn't realise the coaching staff at city confided in you that much, they actually told you they don't want him back.

I know that you pick the team for them every week but i'm suprised that they let you in on their transfer activity .

I also know that you could not wait to see tommy leave the club,i think its personal for you but hey ho if you

don't want what would be one one of the best midfielders in this league back who am i to argue.

People come on here and say all this about Tommy, how he was class and always gave 100 percent, bring him back!?

Yeah right, infact I blame players like Tommy for where we are at the moment, Tinnion only done what people were calling for him to do, and what Johnson is doing now, sort the drink culture out and get discliped with certain players, Tommy didn't like that and IMO probably turner players against Tins and seriously ###### it up.

and very true thread. Tommy Doc is desperate and will do anything to rejoin BCFC again.

Source, lets say ive just got back from the algarve after a 10 day stay.

GJ lost 9 games in a row whilst he sorted out the non profesional attiude of the players we already have. Why would he want back a player who had been shiped out by a previous manager for exactly the same reasons, however good that player might be.

Guest yateady

People come on here and say all this about Tommy, how he was class and always gave 100 percent, bring him back!?

Yeah right, infact I blame players like Tommy for where we are at the moment, Tinnion only done what people were calling for him to do, and what Johnson is doing now, sort the drink culture out and get discliped with certain players, Tommy didn't like that and IMO probably turner players against Tins and seriously ###### it up.

to true doherty & coles were the main reason why last season we didn't perform.

Sorry mate, he's screwed it up for himself and bringing him back would be a massively retrogressive step.

I think you're confusing toughness with fitness and ability.

Have you actually played a minute of football in your life.i think not.

If you had you would know that alright he may not be the fittest but he definatley has pots of ability.

You must be brilliant at your job what ever it is because your never wrong not.

No one denies TD has/had ability but his career had nose dived to such an extent due to his temperament and fitness problems over many seasons that only ONE club were at all interested in him despite him being on the transfer list at City for some time.

He went to that one club, QPR, because Hollowhead knew what great potential he'd had as a youngster and presumably saw a fellow Bristolian in his own image who he thought he could get back on track.

I hope Doherty isn't hankering to return to City because that must mean Hollowhead has given up on him and that was surely his best last chance to turn his career round.

BCFC have moved on and it's inconceivable that GJ would sign him or that SL would ever sanction such a move.

Guest Harry Dolman

No one denies TD has/had ability but his career had nose dived to such an extent due to his temperament and fitness problems over many seasons that only ONE club were at all interested in him despite him being on the transfer list at City for some time.

He went to that one club, QPR, because Hollowhead knew what great potential he'd had as a youngster and presumably saw a fellow Bristolian in his own image who he thought he could get back on track.

I hope Doherty isn't hankering to return to City because that must mean Hollowhead has given up on him and that was surely his best last chance to turn his career round.

BCFC have moved on and it's inconceivable that GJ would sign him or that SL would ever sanction such a move.

I think, in Dave Noble we have a player with all of the Docs ability, but less "baggage". I hope Tommy sorts himself out as it will be a great (but entirely self inflicted) shame if his career disappears into the ether.

I know a good mate of T.Doc and he says that he has not settled and does not like London life. I think people have twisted this around and ASSUMED that he will be back.

Personally, i prefer Scott Brown, he can last 90 mins!

If he came back, he would be straight back into the comfort zone, straight back into the 3 li**s for a belly full of Beer and before you know it, up the M4 with Christian Roberts.

Great talent 4/5 years ago, but doesn`t have the heart for it now.

Archived