IGNORED

Phil Jevons

Tipps

I know it's been said god know's how many times about him joining us but today I had a copper who has a bit to do with Yeovil come in and say that he's as good as signed for us for £250,000.

I stated that it wouldn't happen now as GJ is in Portugal and it was unlikely that we would cough £250,000 upfront for a player that is out of contract in the summer.

All he would say was that is what he had heard.

As I keep saying, we'll have too wait and see......

You're right we will but the thing I was really trying to get across was the fact that although I had told numerous Yeovil fans that we were after players x-y and z they were all so confident that they would'nt leave.

Now Sodje and Johnson jnr have left, they seem to think that they are about to lose more rather than keeping their nice little settled ship.

Guest alex1089

To be honest I have been told by someone who knows someone very high up at Yeovil and he said that he has already come and its a done deal. Could be rubbish but we'll wait and see.

To be honest I have been told by someone who knows someone very high up at Yeovil and he said that he has already come and its a done deal. Could be rubbish but we'll wait and see.

steve thompson has said today that there has been NO written offer for phil jevons from bristol city and that phil jevons WILL NOT BE SOLD

Guest Harvey9

steve thompson has said today that there has been NO written offer for phil jevons from bristol city and that phil jevons WILL NOT BE SOLD

Bit defensive eh, when and where did he say that. Your worried me thinks

You're right we will but the thing I was really trying to get across was the fact that although I had told numerous Yeovil fans that we were after players x-y and z they were all so confident that they would'nt leave.

Now Sodje and Johnson jnr have left, they seem to think that they are about to lose more rather than keeping their nice little settled ship.

Sodje's departure was a combination of being discruntled (sp) at being dropped, and of the 'new' Webb policy of shipping out players over 30. He was also not a good 'dressing room' player, and did not engender team spirit I am told.

Johnno was our best player, and had already told the club he would not sign another contract for us. Rather than let him walk for free, the Club are right to sell him and get something back. I am sure he would have also taken some advice on the move (a good career one) from his Dad (whatshisname!).

We don't actually need to sell any more players, other than maybe a few fringe players to keep the wage bill down, but the 'Jevons to City' move does sound credible. My guess is that he will not sign for you, but Gary may well be interested in one of our spare 'first choice' keepers.

Only my view though.

• Admin

Sodje's departure was a combination of being discruntled (sp) at being dropped, and of the 'new' Webb policy of shipping out players over 30. He was also not a good 'dressing room' player, and did not engender team spirit I am told.

Johnno was our best player, and had already told the club he would not sign another contract for us. Rather than let him walk for free, the Club are right to sell him and get something back. I am sure he would have also taken some advice on the move (a good career one) from his Dad (whatshisname!).

We don't actually need to sell any more players, other than maybe a few fringe players to keep the wage bill down, but the 'Jevons to City' move does sound credible. My guess is that he will not sign for you, but Gary may well be interested in one of our spare 'first choice' keepers.

Only my view though.

I think if we are to sign any Yeovil players in the window, it would be a contracted player and we'll wait the 6 months for the out-of-contract players.

With 14 contracts ending in the Summer it must be quite easy to come up with a list of players whose contracts DON'T end then?

I think if we are to sign any Yeovil players in the window, it would be a contracted player and we'll wait the 6 months for the out-of-contract players.

With 14 contracts ending in the Summer it must be quite easy to come up with a list of players whose contracts DON'T end then?

True, but don't be so arogant as to assume that City could have who they like. Firstly, the player would have to want to move.....and at the moment I can't see many doing that just because Gary Johnson is manager, and secondly, we don't need the money.

I would predict a maximum of 2 more players out before the end of the window (possibly one of our keepers to you). I would be surprised if most of the others didn't re-sign contracts. Remember also that we are reknowned as one of the best footballing sides outside of the Championship - and most players, like Lee Johnson, would be well advised to stick with a successfull up and coming team until a club higher (or bigger) than league 1 comes in for them.

No offence to City, but I don't see you as that big a catch, although I do believe that in 2 years, GJ will have you in the Championship, and by then things may well be different.

Only a view.

One of the better prospects of the many forwards linked but why do City always seem to pay top whack?

If Jevons is out of contract soon then talk of 250k. from one 3rd division club to another is ridiculous.

Offer should be 150k. max, or preferably go for Parkin.

If 250k. offer really is on the table for one player it makes you wonder if City are contemplating a "big" sale to compensate.

I'd start to get worried about Brooker if this is true. :doh:

True, but don't be so arogant as to assume that City could have who they like. Firstly, the player would have to want to move.....and at the moment I can't see many doing that just because Gary Johnson is manager, and secondly, we don't need the money.

I would predict a maximum of 2 more players out before the end of the window (possibly one of our keepers to you). I would be surprised if most of the others didn't re-sign contracts. Remember also that we are reknowned as one of the best footballing sides outside of the Championship - and most players, like Lee Johnson, would be well advised to stick with a successfull up and coming team until a club higher (or bigger) than league 1 comes in for them.

No offence to City, but I don't see you as that big a catch, although I do believe that in 2 years, GJ will have you in the Championship, and by then things may well be different.

Only a view.

I think you're probably right in saying we'll end up with one of your keepers (I would guess Weale) Not convinced about Jevons myself, I think we could do better, and I don't think he'll sign, certainly not at £250k when his contract expires in a few months.

Guest yateady

One of the better prospects of the many forwards linked but why do City always seem to pay top whack?

If Jevons is out of contract soon then talk of 250k. from one 3rd division club to another is ridiculous.

Offer should be 150k. max, or preferably go for Parkin.

:

i agree why pay £250k in a deflated market for a player who's out of contract in the summer, imo the targets that have been mentioned on here holt, parkin & hayter wolud be less than that as the month goes on especially the former two, it would also be a time to exchange a few of our dead wood aswell.

With Scotty playing on the left, and cutting infield to get goals, which is what JEVONS did at Yeovil, (words from GJ's own mouth) would we really need him ?

not strictly true, GJ said that Jevons scored a lot of goals from wide positions cutting in, that is different from being a winger and cutting in methinks

I stand corrected if he was used as a winger but I seem to remember Akinbiyi used to run the flanks quite a lot and was still a striker.

not strictly true, GJ said that Jevons scored a lot of goals from wide positions cutting in, that is different from being a winger and cutting in methinks

I stand corrected if he was used as a winger but I seem to remember Akinbiyi used to run the flanks quite a lot and was still a striker.

The best striker of them all - Thierry Henry - plays wide left most of the time.Opposition managers often say that its much harder to pick him up and mark him when he's out there.Along with his upturn in form,maybe thats why Murray thas started scoring goals recently.

Archived