IGNORED

Cole Skuse

Lordofthebling

According to some City are intent on selling all thier best young players.Whats the critics response to both Skuse and Cotterill signing long term deals?

"Pass" ... I think he's unhappy but what we really need is an interpreter.

According to some City are intent on selling all thier best young players.Whats the critics response to both Skuse and Cotterill signing long term deals?

If we're going to seemingly without fight, continue to allow young talent to join clubs from higher divisions (apparently their individual careers are of more importance than having a successful Bristol City FC), or give in to agents who insist that new contracts have a release fee included, then it makes little or no difference how long the contract has to run.

Hopefully the contracts signed by these two will have no such deals included. Recent experience says this may not be the case.

Not when we sell the best it produces for peanut as if we could buy players the quality of Golbourne for a reported fee# of 200k #thats what a lot of fans think, whats the point of bring them on.

as for Murry had he not come back we would have got what was owed on him so in around about way he did cost us money as he could not get in Reading first team his price would be less than what was outstanding and may have had a free at the end of the season.

You really ought to try using punctuation. It makes a world of difference to the comprehension of what you write...

Not when we sell the best it produces for peanut as if we could buy players the quality of Golbourne for a reported fee# of 200k #thats what a lot of fans think, whats the point of bring them on.

as for Murry had he not come back we would have got what was owed on him so in around about way he did cost us money as he could not get in Reading first team his price would be less than what was outstanding and may have had a free at the end of the season.

With Murray (that's how you spell his name) the price was less than what we expected. In effect we sold a player for £500k and bought them back for less than £170k. I don't believe for any moment that he would have been available on a free at the end of the season.

I'm not quite sure if I understand you correctly but so far you have said that the academy is crap because we sell players too cheaply (even though one player being sold has recouped the whole cost of a years academy running), you've moaned that we have signed a young player on a longer contract (which could be a deterant to signing a contract), you've moaned because of players coming into the club demand a relocation fee, and you've moaned about the price we have paid in transfer fees.

I think your a little confused!

Guest ashtonyate

With Murray (that's how you spell his name) the price was less than what we expected. In effect we sold a player for £500k and bought them back for less than £170k. I don't believe for any moment that he would have been available on a free at the end of the season.

I'm not quite sure if I understand you correctly but so far you have said that the academy is crap because we sell players too cheaply (even though one player being sold has recouped the whole cost of a years academy running), you've moaned that we have signed a young player on a longer contract (which could be a deterant to signing a contract), you've moaned because of players coming into the club demand a relocation fee, and you've moaned about the price we have paid in transfer fees.

I think your a little confused!

Had we not bought him I think Reading would have taken a lot less at the end of the season

As for the Academy I have said if it is only costing us 200k a year{ I am still not beliving that figure} its worth keeping but if the best it produces can be sold for very little say 200k it calls in to question if it worth doing.

Archived