IGNORED

Peacock Coming Back To The Gate?

cidernuta

Lee Peacock finds himself in the same postion as he was during the latter stages of the season 03-04 with a contract expriring and on the look out for a new club....could this club be our beloved Bristol City. From what i have heard this is highly possible! What do you guys think about this highly possible aquisition?Upfront with Brooker instead of Bas? :whistle:

Guest jamiewilletts

peacock was a good hard working player but he was a bit to big headed. i personnally wouldnt mind peacock coming back to the gate as he was a goalscorer and at the mo will be good for us!!!!!!

I think the reason why brooker has done well with big bas is if brooks plays with anyone smaller than him, we treat him as a target man when her isnt, but with big bas around he can be the target man and let brooker do what he does best.

Bringing peacock in...i think...would not be a good move and him and brooks are too similiar.

Peacock was fairly useless in his last season with the City; I think it's fair to say that City failed to gain promotion purely on Danny Wilson's inability to leave Peacock out when there were far more gifted forwards in the squad itching to play.

Bringing the over paid and over rated Peacock back here would be a retograde step.

Take away the injuries and i thought he was very good for us, held the ball up well and brought other people into the game. Scored his share of goals and his workrate at TIMES was second to none. Saying all that i cant see him coming back to us.

He was not the same player in his last season with us and has not been since. Time (and several shandies-allegedly)has caught up with him.

He won't be coming back, mainly due to the fact that GJ is currently doing well to put the players in line (off field activities/drinking) and everybody knows how well LP and booze mixed.

I'm sure that Gary would love to sign a player that wakes up in ditches....

'ol "one goal in sixteen" would never have kept his place in the City 11 if Wilson had rated him so highly.I couldn't see any other manager keeping faith with "golden balls".Wilson even played him when he was half fit ahead of Miller who was fully fit but sat on the bench.

It would be no suprise to see Peacock end up at MK Dons.

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO.

and thats from me - his biggest fan :D

Lee Peacock finds himself in the same postion as he was during the latter stages of the season 03-04 with a contract expriring and on the look out for a new club....could this club be our beloved Bristol City. From what i have heard this is highly possible! What do you guys think about this highly possible aquisition?Upfront with Brooker instead of Bas? :whistle:

Wasn't a bad player for us at all. Great workrate, did a lot for the team (great defensively - made countless goalline headed clearances) and would be good for 15 goals or so.

How many other 15 goal strikers did we have at the start of the season then? Stewart? - nope. Bridges? - nope. Gillespie? - don't make me laugh! Savage - sadly, no. In fact - apart from Leroy and Peacock, how many other 15 goal strikers have we had in the past 5 years!?! (Roberts/Madjo/Miller/Heff... all never looked like getting close).

We'd improve our squad if we signed him. And he would be free, and we could put him on a pittance as he's not a big lower league name anymore - so maybe this time he wouldnt spend all his money on booze and haircuts.

If we get priced out of buying anyone half decent, then Leapy on a 1 year contract and small wages would be good business. And whilst i respect other people's opinions, if you say otherwise you're wrong. So there.

It would seem very odd when Gary Johnson stated that there were player with a bad social habit at the club, but he would soon sort that out.

Lee Peacock had and probably does have that same social habit, it would therfore not seem good sence to bring him back to the club and then have to sort out his habit.

Plus the fact he wasn't that great a player anyway. :dunno:

Guest Harry Dolman

How many other 15 goal strikers did we have at the start of the season then? Stewart? - nope. Bridges? - nope. Gillespie? - don't make me laugh! Savage - sadly, no. In fact - apart from Leroy and Peacock, how many other 15 goal strikers have we had in the past 5 years!?! (Roberts/Madjo/Miller/Heff... all never looked like getting close).

Am sure Roberts once got 18 goals in a season & I have no doubt that given the time on the pitch that Peacock had, Heff would have surpassed 15 goals.

Technically Peacock is a decent player, my issues are a) we paid far too much for him (£600K!!), b) he didn't score enough, c) he was prone to niggly injuries & d) there didn't seem to be anyone that he worked well with as a partnership.

Good luck to him, but I'd rather that he doesn't come back.

Technically Peacock is a decent player, my issues are a) we paid far too much for him (£600K!!), b) he didn't score enough, c) he was prone to niggly injuries & d) there didn't seem to be anyone that he worked well with as a partnership.

Good luck to him, but I'd rather that he doesn't come back.

I agree that technically he's a good player and he didn't score enough goals, but I think that was perhaps he was played more as the classical 'target man' in a front-two partnership. Although, I also agree he didn't forge that many great partnerships. He seemed to work well with Tony Thorpe, though, and Mark Robins when he came down on loan.

As for the fee, well that was the going rate at the time...

Archived