IGNORED

Mike Newell

Robbored

Not directly a City matter but has anyone else heard the radio today saying that Luton towns Mike Newell has openly stated that he has been approached more than once by agents and other clubs officials offering personal "bungs".He wouldn't give a figure but bungs of a £100k seem common place.

Newells allegations have been taken seriously by the FA and they are seeing him next week.Newell says he is prepared to reveal names and that he has hard evidence.Well done to Newell for having the integrity and balls to stand up and blow the whistle.

This could turn into a scandle of massive proportions.Watch this space......

This has all the potential of becoming one of the biggest footballs scandals for a long while.

I say fair play to Mike Newell as this is something that could spark changes in laws about the power of the agent etc....

In the whole of the 00's Swindon have only paid money for Gary Alexander, Sam Parkin, Sébastien Ruster, Rory Fallon, Lloyd Opara, Jerel Ifil and Christian Roberts. And no business with Mike Newell so I hope that's us not assisting in the scam of BUNGING!

Well done to Newell for having the integrity and balls to stand up and blow the whistle.

Yep, couldn't agree more. Football is long overdue a clean-up in this area of its business dealings. Get rid of the backhanders culture and see how many of the scum agents disappear overnight ...

• Admin

The same Sky Andrew as quoted on the BBC website as saying he thinks the FA are doing a great job?!

He's so good he now plays in defence for Arsenal....apparently. :unsure:

However, Sky Andrew, who represents Arsenal defender Sky Andrew and Birmingham midfielder Jermaine Pennant, feels agents get a raw deal.

ummm, unsubstantiated, hmm liablious hmmm, bet sky andrews licking his lips.

Word of advice, keep quite about things you know nothing of

Would now be a good time to state that my opinions are not those of BCFC ;):me?:

I heard this on FiveLive this morning. Newell kept saying that people are naive if they don't think it is happening in the Premiership.

I think that Newell is naive. I expect nothing to come of this. I believe the bung culture is endemic within football. Afterall agents, footballers and managers all benefit from a bung. Only the clubs suffer and they are generally run by incompetent idiots.

The only way this could be successful is if a number of managers stand up and agree with Newell. I wonder if Johnson is willing to stand up and be counted. I strongly suspect not. He will have personal reasons why he doesn't wish to agree with Newell. Or am I being unfair?

I heard this on FiveLive this morning. Newell kept saying that people are naive if they don't think it is happening in the Premiership.

I think that Newell is naive. I expect nothing to come of this. I believe the bung culture is endemic within football. Afterall agents, footballers and managers all benefit from a bung. Only the clubs suffer and they are generally run by incompetent idiots.

The only way this could be successful is if a number of managers stand up and agree with Newell. I wonder if Johnson is willing to stand up and be counted. I strongly suspect not. He will have personal reasons why he doesn't wish to agree with Newell. Or am I being unfair?

Just heard Sky Andrews on talksport about it all. People have a go at the guy but he only does the best for his clients and he does a good job IMO.

I actually believe Newell is telling the truth. He seems like a decent guy and a good manager, why would he make this up> I'm sure it happens. He also says he has evidence- I suppose we shall see whether this comes out soon.

I think that Newell is naive. I expect nothing to come of this.

I don't agree with you - because Newell's disclosure has become so public the FA have been forced to interview him and look at what hard evidence he has.Assuming Newell has hard evidence as he claims this revealation won't be swept under the carpet.Too many bloodthirsty hacks will have got their teeth into this to let the story sink without a trace.

This could be a huge scandal of epic porportions...I can't wait!

I don't agree with you - because Newell's disclosure has become so public the FA have been forced to interview him and look at what hard evidence he has.Assuming Newell has hard evidence as he claims this revealation won't be swept under the carpet.Too many bloodthirsty hacks will have got their teeth into this to let the story sink without a trace.

This could be a huge scandal of epic porportions...I can't wait!

You think this is news?!?!? There must be a stadium full of bloodthirsty hacks who know all about the bungs but haven't done anything about it (obviously, having a knighthood helps keep things quiet...). Similarly, I suspect Newell's evidence is anecdotal. All the alledged bungs he has been offered have no doubt been offered verbally.

Don't get me wrong, I hope you get your wish but this is only going to happen if the SteveL's of the world stand up and support Newell. I expect a crashing silence from BCFC.

I may be wrong but I'm willing to bet I'm not.

A pint at the Playoff final for whoever's right? What do you say, Robbored?

I may be wrong but I'm willing to bet I'm not.

A pint at the Playoff final for whoever's right? What do you say, Robbored?

We'll miss each other that day,I won't be there supporting another club - but I'll happily accept your bet.We'll have to change the venue that all...

I have alot of respect for Newell. He was a nice down to earth bloke on Soccer AM and after the show he came and talked to us for a good 10 minutes about City. His achievments at Luton speak for themsleves too.

I wish him good luck on this, but like others I'll remain pesamistic until others back him up. I can't see other managers rushing to back him up in the middle of the transfer window - it may jepadise any deals they have set up with players & their respective agents.

We'll miss each other that day,I won't be there supporting another club - but I'll happily accept your bet.We'll have to change the venue that all...

Oh, you tease Robbored. You know we'll both be there supporting the same team.

Interesting that a number of ex-managers (Royle, Francis etc) have said they never received any bungs but they knew it was going on.

Guest The Codfather 0312

Fair play to the bloke, Many wouldn't have the courage to do this. He would certainly have lost a few contacts now but then on the same note he may have gained some.

It makes me think what has made him come out with this? Maybe he has been offered a bung recently and he has just had enough of it all.

Would be interesting to know who these people involved in this are. Swindon or Rovers sound nice but sadly I can't recall any recent dealing between them two clubs.

I'm not sure but I am sure you probably meant to say allegedly after this name....... :ph34r:

Is that, he's a Tiny Penis ....allegedly. Or, Tiny Penis has taken bungs ......allegedly!

Archived