subs;

rob newman

jacki dzie£$%^

brian tinnion

david moyes

john mcphail

now that team could do some damage!

Guest Dolman Moaner

here we go then. what would be your ultimate city team from past to present players. this is mine. apologies if i miss any older ones out but I'm younger than a lot off you!!

Welch

Andy Llewelyn, Shaun Taylor, Rob Edwards, Martin Scott

Scott Murray, Tommy Doc, Rob Newman, Brian Tinnion

Andy Cole, Jacki Dziekanowski

Is that a different Andy Llewelyn to the one that I remember then ?

Cos the one that I remember was shocking.

Not the best, but all selected for a good reason-

Moller - Fantastic keeper with unfeasibly long arms

Sweeney - Great servant, and fully committed to City

Curle - Pacy, although he only really improved once he left!

Forbes Phillipson-Masters - Rubbish player, great name

Scott or Barnard, or Brennan - All classy left backs

Milne - Overweight, with us only briefly, but what a player on his day

Gow - Great player and what a tackler

Tinnion - Great passer

Walsh - My favourite player since I have been watching

Taylor - Bob Bob Super Bob

Cole - Great striker, too good for City

Subs-

Leaning - The flying pig! Great on his day....

Moyes, MacLaren, Royle - Top Managers who played for us

Newman - Top man, and not doing a bad job at Cambridge, considering....

Manager - Terry Cooper - Great attacking play, pity about the defence!!!

Other contenders -

Shutt - For decking Fred Barber at Walsall

Riley - His goals at wembley

Pritchard - Hard working winger and a useful diver

Tom Ritchie - The skinniest footballer ever

Jacki - The Polish George Best

Here's mine:

1 Jan Moller The only time we had an international-class keeper

2 Paul Stevens Top drawer haircut

3 Mickey Bell Going forward could usually cause opposition to panic

4 Gerry Gow Tough tackling hard man, model captain

5 Gary Collier Cool defender who wasted his best years in the USA

6 Norman Hunter The best player I ever saw in a City shirt in 31 years

7 Scott Murray That goal against Oldham a few years ago....

8 Leroy Lita Scored great goals and then netted us a cool £1m, who could ask for more?

9 Ricky Chandler Scored goals when all seemed lost

10 Jimmy Mann Claimed "Dicks can't recognise talent when he sees it" once when left out. He was right.

11 Brian Tinnion Great player, great servant.

I'm amazed that City fans still revere Djiekanowski. I firmly believe that signing this man was one of the worst moves this club ever made. It led to the catastrophic sale of Bob Taylor (who Lumsden thought couldn't hack it the Championship, and how wrong he was proved to be) and also introduced the heavy drinking culture that has been the problem for the last twelve years. Jacki had no respect for management; contributed very little to the team; and was exactly the sort of player who we wouldn't tolerate in a million years now. Yes he was sublimely skillful and he scored some great goals (but actually not that many, and he missed far more) but his overall contribution to the club was very poor. I remember the match after he left, when we went to Birmingham City and won 1-0 and Nicky Morgan (who wasn't in the same league as Jacki for skill) played a blinder, led the line brilliantly and scored the winning goal. Morgan, Torpey (and now Savage), all players who could/can preoccupy a defence, hold the ball up and bring other players into play. Jacki? A bagful of tricks, a bad attitude and a disruptive influence.

I'm amazed that City fans still revere Djiekanowski. I firmly believe that signing this man was one of the worst moves this club ever made. It led to the catastrophic sale of Bob Taylor (who Lumsden thought couldn't hack it the Championship, and how wrong he was proved to be) and also introduced the heavy drinking culture that has been the problem for the last twelve years. Jacki had no respect for management; contributed very little to the team; and was exactly the sort of player who we wouldn't tolerate in a million years now. Yes he was sublimely skillful and he scored some great goals (but actually not that many, and he missed far more) but his overall contribution to the club was very poor. I remember the match after he left, when we went to Birmingham City and won 1-0 and Nicky Morgan (who wasn't in the same league as Jacki for skill) played a blinder, led the line brilliantly and scored the winning goal. Morgan, Torpey (and now Savage), all players who could/can preoccupy a defence, hold the ball up and bring other players into play. Jacki? A bagful of tricks, a bad attitude and a disruptive influence.

You are bang on the money my good friend.

:englandsmile4wf: Can no one remember super joe taking his teeth out and scaring the living day lights out of everyone in the ground? Me included let alone the opposition defence!!!!! It does frustrate me when i see all these ex city players who leave us usally for not and then go and flourish else where! Rob newman in europe with norwich andy cole for england even that donkey akinbyi is scoring for fun, We have had some great players at the gate dicks atyeo cheesly moeller, how many of todays squad will we remember in 20 years?? Murray brooker skuse cotterill cant think of too many others! :city:

Archived