IGNORED

Smoking At The Gate

Pickle Rick

This has been raised a number of times and I have no indication that nothing has been done yet in terms of banning any smoking.

I think that at least half the stadium should be smoking free.

Had perhaps my worst experience with a smoker in front of me today. Was in Ateyo and someone was smoking CIGARS littrally through the whole game. Was getting on my nerves, who I went with and everyone within a radius of this person.

I just wanted to get his cigar and shove it up his arse! Completely disgusting passive smoking!!! :@

Guest The Codfather 0312

Cigars do smell awlful and the smoke they give out is also awlful. But still smoking should not be banned. I very rarely smoke in me seat unless it's half time and I don't go anywhere to get food or something.Today there didn't seem to be any smokers around me so I presumed they were non-smokers so didn't light up in my seat and instead had them in the non seated areas of the ayteo.

This has been raised a number of times and I have no indication that nothing has been done yet in terms of banning any smoking.

Had perhaps my worst experience with a smoker in front of me today. Was in Ateyo and someone was smoking CIGARS littrally through the whole game. Was getting on my nerves, who I went with and everyone within a radius of this person.

I just wanted to get his cigar and shove it up his arse! Completely disgusting passive smoking!!! :@

Until it against the law why should it be banned :dunno:

After all I don't like the seats could cause deep vain thingy if you sit on them for to long :rolleyes: can we have them removed :D

Cigars do smell awlful and the smoke they give out is also awlful. But still smoking should not be banned. I very rarely smoke in me seat unless it's half time and I don't go anywhere to get food or something.Today there didn't seem to be any smokers around me so I presumed they were non-smokers so didn't light up in my seat and instead had them in the non seated areas of the ayteo.

So you're allowed to smoke in front of the computer then? :me?:

So buggery with a tobacco based product IS acceptable behavior then is it ,halfwit!

Guest The Codfather 0312
Making half of the ground non smoking would be the best option, split each stand in half and give everyone a choice. No reason to ban it completely whatsoever.

Nibor

That would be the ideal solution but people will still moan when if the sit in the non-smoking part that someone is smoking there.

So buggery with a tobacco based product IS acceptable behavior then is it ,halfwit!

You what?

Smoking is smoking.

Some people smoke.

Some people don't.

Some people who don't, don't like it full stop.

Something system needs to be put in place so the people who detest smoking can sit in a smoke free area.

Smoking is more worse to put up with than sitting next to a idiot who talks crap, at least you can laugh at that! :laugh:

Guest The Codfather 0312

You what?

Smoking is smoking.

Some people smoke.

Some people don't.

Some people who don't, don't like it full stop.

Something system needs to be put in place so the people who detest smoking can sit in a smoke free area.

Smoking is more worse to put up with than sitting next to a idiot who talks crap, at least you can laugh at that! :laugh:

There is kind of a system in place where a few blocks are non-smoking and they will be more if not more at the end of the season.

You have hit the nail on the head there for me today.

Today was possibly my worse smoking experience ever at Ashton. Being a season ticket holder I have two guys sat in frony of me every week who smoke a fair bit e.g. about 3-4 during a game and I can just about handle that I guess.

Today alongside me I had 3 kids no older than about 14 (plus one was fat and ginger!!). All 3 of them got through 4 fags each per half and a cigar each. With the other two smoking in front of me as well its just made the whole atmosphere nothing short of disgusting.

Got home my clothes stank of fag. My chest still feels really tight where I have inhailed all their smoke.

I don't people smoking one or two. How about if you need to smoke go and stand at the top or bottom of Dolman stand at half time I have no problem with this. But just constantly smoking all the way through both halfs is nothing short of selfish.

Did anybody at the top of Dolman block D notice the same?

Rant over!

The sooner it's banned from everywhere public the better, and it's only a matter of time thankfully

Then I wont have to sit there whilst inconsiderate t o s s e r s breath their cancerous fumes all over me and my 6 year old son. They want to kill themselves that's fine. They're well on their way, but I don't want to be dragged down by their filthy stinking habit

Guest The Codfather 0312
The sooner it's banned from everywhere public the better, and it's only a matter of time thankfully

Then I wont have to sit there whilst inconsiderate t o s s e r s breath their cancerous fumes all over me and my 6 year old son. They want to kill themselves that's fine. They're well on their way, but I don't want to be dragged down by their filthy stinking habit

I smoke and yet I don't smoke in the seated areas and if I do which is rare then I ask those around 1st and yet you have just hurled loads of abuse at smokers which includes me and I did not do it to you.

I smoke and yet I don't smoke in the seated areas and if I do which is rare then I ask those around 1st and yet you have just hurled loads of abuse at smokers which includes me and I did not do it to you.

Then you are one of the considerate few and I salute you for it. I mean that

In my twenty five years at the gate I have never once had a smoker ask me if I mind if he lights up. Not once! and yet I always seem to be sat by a smoker, or within a few seats of one, and the smoke always seems to drift my way. Why does smoke do that!

Then you are one of the considerate few and I salute you for it. I mean that

In my twenty five years at the gate I have never once had a smoker ask me if I mind if he lights up. Not once! and yet I always seem to be sat by a smoker, or within a few seats of one, and the smoke always seems to drift my way. Why does smoke do that!

(and the smoke always seems to drift my way. Why does smoke do that!}

Yes, you'll find things like that happen, it's called PARANOIA!

a system is in place, buy a ticket for the non-smoking blocks. :blink:

As I said earlier, they should have about half the stadium smoke free. Maybe have parts of each stand smoking free. Or at least they could make it clear by putting up obvious signs indicating this!

I have never even been aware of the fact they have non smoking areas ever since I've been watching City (since I was 4 (91)). Yea, I'm sure they have mentioned it before, but when going to watch the games I havn't ever seen anything that clearly shows 'non-smoking area' or something of such!

Why don't they ban Homosexuals as well, 'cus you sound like a FAGGOT.

With the low sun yesterday you could see the rising smoke from cigarettes and cigars in the Dolman far more obviously than you can do on dull days.It was very helpfull because it meant that I could see where not to sit.

Smoking will only banned at the Gate when smoking in public places is banned by goverment legistration.Untill then - sit somewhere else if you don't want to be poisoned by someones elses smoke.

Great one.

:handbags:

Sorry a bit out of order there.

Yes you've guessed it I am a smoker, I like the odd cigar, 'puffing' on one now as I write this in the privacy of my own home. The point I would like to make is that I am a relative newcomer to this Forum.

As I live in Germany I can only get down the 'gate' a few times each season so the Forum is usually a good place to keep informed about BCFC etc. 8/10 times this is usually the case but Posts like yours annoy me.

When I am watching City at the Ground I actually can last the whole match without a Cigar & would not want to offend other Fans. Why not talk to the Guy who offends you instead of airing it on this Forum? Write to your MP or Mr Lansdown. Talk Football not Politics?

Ever thought about Car fumes? Chemicals in your Food? Chemicals in Beer? Microwave Radiation from Phones, Transmitters etc? Government experiments you don't know about? You are very unlikey to die from Cancer from second Hand smoke, out in the open. Put things into perspective, from where I'm sitting the UK is becoming a 'ban this', ban 'that' culture brainwashed by the Media etc etc. I see quite a few parallels with Nazi Germany. Keep the Forum about Football, I say.

Sorry a bit out of order there.

Yes you've guessed it I am a smoker, I like the odd cigar, 'puffing' on one now as I write this in the privacy of my own home. The point I would like to make is that I am a relative newcomer to this Forum.

As I live in Germany I can only get down the 'gate' a few times each season so the Forum is usually a good place to keep informed about BCFC etc. 8/10 times this is usually the case but Posts like yours annoy me.

When I am watching City at the Ground I actually can last the whole match without a Cigar & would not want to offend other Fans. Why not talk to the Guy who offends you instead of airing it on this Forum? Write to your MP or Mr Lansdown. Talk Football not Politics?

Ever thought about Car fumes? Chemicals in your Food? Chemicals in Beer? Microwave Radiation from Phones, Transmitters etc? Government experiments you don't know about? You are very unlikey to die from Cancer from second Hand smoke, out in the open. Put things into perspective, from where I'm sitting the UK is becoming a 'ban this', ban 'that' culture brainwashed by the Media etc etc. I see quite a few parallels with Nazi Germany. Keep the Forum about Football, I say.

No probs mate, its just that on a day like it was yesterday smoking seemed to be very concentrated on. It was very noticeable as there is also another topic like this on the forum, posted on the same day as mine.

Personally I try to keep out of the subject on the side of politics, drains the brain! Football is my focus, but as I say, smoking became concentrated on yesterday. As you say you would ask others if they don't mind if you spark up. Surely that would make things a bit easier for others to accept perhaps?!?

nay be longer then you think mate.

Simple solution. Move.

I sit in a 'non-smoking block' but in reality, such a thing does not exist. People smoke in our block, despite at least 2 stewards sat in front of it, and when asked to put it out, you either get ignored, or abused. Even if half the ground was non-smoking, it wouldn't make a difference. People see the ground as outside, therefore they think it's ok to smoke. After all, it's not like a restaurant or a house or something. Admittedly, the smoke does go up into the air. They just don't seem to realise that it goes via us!

I am a non-smoker, and I hate the smell of smoke, and the arrogance of some, and I say again, SOME, people who think that they have the right to smoke where ever, and when ever, they like. But as quite a few people have said, people will only not smoke when it becomes the law not to smoke in a public place, despite non-smoking signs, complaints, etc.

For all the people moaning about smokers then WHY NOT SIT IN A NON SMOKING AREA ? The mentality of someone buying a seson ticken in a smoking area and then moaning about it is beyond beleif - there are non-smoking areas so buy a firkin ticket there. And if someone smokes there complain to a steward and they will get moved - I know cos I accidentily sat in one, someone complained and I moved

:@

No probs mate, its just that on a day like it was yesterday smoking seemed to be very concentrated on. It was very noticeable as there is also another topic like this on the forum, posted on the same day as mine.

Personally I try to keep out of the subject on the side of politics, drains the brain! Football is my focus, but as I say, smoking became concentrated on yesterday. As you say you would ask others if they don't mind if you spark up. Surely that would make things a bit easier for others to accept perhaps?!?

.........by the way, what was the Game like? I listened to it on World but the Commentator is usually 5 mins. behind the action, something else to moan about!!

.........by the way, what was the Game like? I listened to it on World but the Commentator is usually 5 mins. behind the action, something else to moan about!!

For football sake!

Yea the game was frustrating:

Diving Scunny, then staying down.

Using the 'time wasting' method after scoring.

Unlucky Basso..........

I'm sure there are more. City did play quite well, but lack of luck IMO.

Archived