IGNORED

Smoking

Red Robin

Sitting in the stand today it was pretty windy, smoke was flying all over the place from the individuals who paricipate in this habit,it IS the most anoying and unpleasent item during the game.

Not only is it affecting non smoking fans in the stand,but surley the players must get a lovely wiff of the passive smoke when running around especially when near the stands.

I think people should be asked to vote when entering the ground, so the management can take the correct decision and ban it for every ones well being.

If you feel it should be banned put your name under ban,or if your feel it should be allowed put your name under allow.

If enough people vote on the issue I will send it over for the managements view.

BAN SMOKING ALLOW SMOKING

Red Robin

Sitting in the stand today it was pretty windy, smoke was flying all over the place from the individuals who paricipate in this habit,it must be the IS anoying and unpleasent item during the game.

Not only is it affecting non smoking fans in the stand,but surley the players must get a lovely wiff of the passive smoke when running around especially when near the stands.

I think people should be asked to vote when entering the ground, so the management can take the correct decision and ban it for every ones well being.

If you feel it should be banned put your name under ban,or if your feel it should be allowed put your name under allow.

If enough people vote on the issue I will send it over for the managements view.

Red Robin

You have hit the nail on the head there for me today.

Today was possibly my worse smoking experience ever at Ashton. Being a season ticket holder I have two guys sat in frony of me every week who smoke a fair bit e.g. about 3-4 during a game and I can just about handle that I guess.

Today alongside me I had 3 kids no older than about 14 (plus one was fat and ginger!!). All 3 of them got through 4 fags each per half and a cigar each. With the other two smoking in front of me as well its just made the whole atmosphere nothing short of disgusting.

Got home my clothes stank of fag. My chest still feels really tight where I have inhailed all their smoke.

I don't people smoking one or two. How about if you need to smoke go and stand at the top or bottom of Dolman stand at half time I have no problem with this. But just constantly smoking all the way through both halfs is nothing short of selfish.

Did anybody at the top of Dolman block D notice the same?

Rant over!

Red Robin

Ban smoking, every game people in front of me smoke and it always blows back into my face. There is a few of them so they get through about 6-8 cigarettes a game

Today alongside me I had 3 kids no older than about 14 (plus one was fat and ginger!!).

Exactly why is that funny?

i was in Block B today - and must admit that two scrotes in the row in front were caining the old cigarettes.

Classic quote from the guy say behind em

"###### me, you two starting a fire down there?!"

I was tempted to say something to the fat ginger one sat next to me. But I decided against it as last time I did a git stubbed his fag out on my jeans!!

Ban smoking, every game people in front of me smoke and it always blows back into my face. There is a few of them so they get through about 6-8 cigarettes a game

Exactly why is that funny?

Well he chavy as well and just acting like a complete idiot.

I don't smoke, but don't particularly care if someone next to me (in an outdoor enviroment) wants to. But perhaps I'm a bit more tolerant than the rest of you non-smokers. Why don't you admit it, it's just another thing to moan about isn't it?

Guest DrFaustus

Smoking should be compulsory in football stadia. That'll wean out the veggies, health fascists and perhaps, Alan Green.

Please forgive me I'm drunk.

Guest The Codfather 0312

Today alongside me I had 3 kids no older than about 14 (plus one was fat and ginger!!).

As they are under 16 you should of told a steward as they are not allowed to smoke in the ground as thy are under 16.

Guest DrFaustus

As they are under 16 you should of told a steward as they are not allowed to smoke in the ground as thy are under 16.

Surely you shouldn't be allowed to preach if your IQ is under 16?

Why don't you admit it, it's just another thing to moan about isn't it?

Rubbish, we all know what it does to people's health and it makes me feel sick.

Why should non-smokers have to inhale second hand smoke? it is our choice we don't wish to risk our health by smoking. Why should we let other people do it for us?

Guest The Codfather 0312

Why should non-smokers have to inhale second hand smoke? it is our choice we don't wish to risk our health by smoking. Why should we let other people do it for us?

No offense to you but you inhale more from walking out of the door from the car fumes than u do from a few second hand smoke from fags.

Give me a break. You've got more to worry about walking down a busy road. I can understand people getting upset indoors but not out in the open.

Guest The Codfather 0312
Smoking is a filthy habbit and it will never be banned, cause too much of an outrage etc. I would be fully in front of banning smoking.

Lets ban smoking and the sell of in this country and watch your taxes go up. Still think it is bad?

Why I feel smoking should be banned.

People Surrounding a smoker:

1. have no choice but to breathe in the poisoned air.

2. are likely to have to change smoke-ridden clothes after games.

3. are likely to have their view obscured.

4. its 2006.

Or am I wrong?

A solution would be to seat smokers in a smoker zone rather than vice versa. I think its ludicrous to have non-smoker zones when it should be the other way around.

As far as I am concerned, the smokers who smoke at games are either addicted or selfish. I'm sorry, if that sounds harsh but thats the way I see it.

Why doesn't the Government just make smoking illegal and put all us evil nasty smokers through rehab like junkies and alchies? Oh now I remember why not all those clean living health nazi would have to stomp up extra income tax! So the next best thing is to allow them to pay the treasury the duty on ciggies but don't allow them to smoke them.

The most sensible thing is to segregate smokers from those who find it disgusting (and perhaps get an idiots section for all those that piddle me off with their brainless commentry or stupid comment throughout the game!) Rant over!

Might as well stick this in here too:

The sooner it's banned from everywhere public the better, and it's only a matter of time thankfully

Then I wont have to sit there whilst inconsiderate t o s s e r s breath their cancerous fumes all over me and my 6 year old son. They want to kill themselves that's fine. They're well on their way, but I don't want to be dragged down by their filthy stinking habit

In answer to the old taxes chestnut. I couldn't give a s h i t. I've got plenty of money, and if banning smoking means I don't have to breath the filth then charge me the cash now

Why not just have different areas for smoking and non-smoking if it is annoying people that much? I think it's a bit strange that a load of 14 year olds need to chain smoke though, are you sure it was just ciggerettes they were smoking? :ph34r:

While they're at it, can they make a section where people can stand up and shout, as I find it annoying that we all end up sitting in a rather quiet and correct manner every match!?

In answer to the old taxes chestnut. I couldn't give a s h i t. I've got plenty of money, and if banning smoking means I don't have to breath the filth then charge me the cash now

Thats a bit inconciderate, a lot of people don't have much money and probably rely on the taxes for their health treatment.

Just thought I'd bring that up as you started calling smokers "inconciderate t******".

Archived