IGNORED

Referees....

WesM

Is anyone else dismayed by the standard of referees lately? All this talk of them getting better is a load of balls. Especially the Elite list, who were supposed to get better with being full time. Today, Arjen Robben gets sent off for celebrating the winner with fans, whilst yesterday, Robbie Savage kicked everything that moved against Bolton and he stayed on.

Now I know that Robben knows the rules and he shouldn't do it blah blah blah, but the powers that be....mainly FIFA are killing this game and something has to be done to stop it. Refs consistency is getting worse not better as they are not allowed to exercise common sense at any stage. Anyone who saw Goals on Sunday this morning, Sam Allardyce (next England Boss) made some quality points on Ref's (particularly Mike Riley!) In a nutshell, he said that the FA should be responsible for directives to Referee's and that TV evidence for key decisions should be used. Well said Sam.

The Fans, the lifeblood of football enjoy celebrating goals with players, it's not like Robben jumped into the Sunderland end and started goading them is it?

Get the enjoyment back into football for goodness sake!

I felt sorry for the referee.What a position to be in - dammed if you don't and dammed if you do.

He had no choice but to send Robbins off.Going to the crowd is a bookable offence and with one yellow aready that meant a red.

If Foy hadn't given Robbins a second yellow he would have been hauled up in front of the referee's panel to explain his actions.

Managers constantly complain about the lack of consistancy with referee's but when they act according to the letter of the law they get slated.They just can't win.

I felt sorry for the referee.What a position to be in - dammed if you don't and dammed if you do.

He had no choice but to send Robbins off.Going to the crowd is a bookable offence and with one yellow aready that meant a red.

If Foy hadn't given Robbins a second yellow he would have been hauled up in front of the referee's panel to explain his actions.

Managers constantly complain about the lack of consistancy with referee's but when they act according to the letter of the law they get slated.They just can't win.

That was the point I was trying to make quite badly.

Refereeing is stressul enough without having to worry about being dragged over the coles for failing to send players off etc.

This is as a result of FIFA directives

Archived