IGNORED

New Offside Interpretation - What Do You Think?

eggdaps

I think that if you are caught offside you are offside, the new rule is too complicated. The only way i see around keeping the new rule i getting rid of this phase system which is confusing and say simply, the offside player cannot touch the ball or interfer with play at all untill the linesman or referee sees fit. IE so if he is offside when a ball goes out wide, then another players picks the ball up, crosses it and and he scores the linesman can then rule it illegal play. The rule now is too controversial. As you can see in the premiership managers are trying new tactics and eventually we will have strategies and systems more suitable to a game of american football instead of Football!

Great shame that the powers that be felt the need for change in this way - if footballers and ex-footballers cannot understand the new ruling it is daft to continue with it. My daft suggestion is the old one, extend the 18 yard(? is it still yards?)line from one side to the other and you can only be offside in that area if there are not at least two of the opposition between you and the ball when you receive it( that limits the area of play that has to be observed by the refs assistant and he only has to watch the receiver and not the player making the pass as well.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

It seems amazing to make such a radical change to footbal without consulting anyone, why aren't us, the most important part of football asked.

I'm so fed up with FIFA, the FA ect ect Just a bunch of mugs in the pockets of tv companies

Great shame that the powers that be felt the need for change in this way - if footballers and ex-footballers cannot understand the new ruling it is daft to continue with it. My daft suggestion is the old one, extend the 18 yard(? is it still yards?)line from one side to the other and you can only be offside in that area if there are not at least two of the opposition between you and the ball when you receive it( that limits the area of play that has to be observed by the refs assistant and he only has to watch the receiver and not the player making the pass as well.
" if there are not at least two of the opposition between you and the ball "

edit

I didn't mean "ball", I meant goal line :unsure:

Archived