IGNORED

Pathetic

jimtastic

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=51140

There are some real prunes on these forums.

Two whole days since the last message. And how many times does Steve have to answer the same, now extremely tedious, question?

Has he actually botherered to read it yet mate?

Tedious!?! No, thats Ashton Gate when City are at home.

Untill it sorts its self out I may do. (although it breaks my heart to say it)

So let me get this right. You think getting our skint club to shell out money so that you can sit in a stand with a poor view is more important than actually seeing the team at all? You then write a nasty, insulting message to the Ask SteveL forum. And you expected SteveL to take your view seriously? Course he will.

I do hope you are familiar with the concept of sarcasm.

For the greatest good of Bristol City Football Club;

Please please; STOP WHINGING LIKE A BABY.

I can never understand the fascination with the East End. I stood in there many a time years ago, and the view was crap then! With the advent of all seater stadiums where we basically put a bin lid on the existing terrace the view is even worse!

I think its about time we all moved on, The quicker the old end is redevloped the better, then we can forget these fancy fairy tales that having it opened will help us win just about every match we play in!

I think you will find that most of those who want it reopened are youthfull souls who want to recapture a bit of the seventies myth that they may feel they missed out on, move on lads and lasses!!

I could never understand the feeble financial excuse (75K) given for keeping it shut.

What was the transfer fee plus wages for Lee Miller?

How much are we paying Marcus Stewart per season?

There are more.

Have the two investments that have just been mentioned turned out to be wise or sound in any way?

When was the proposed development of the new shiny seater job?

This is subjective, but SUPPORT from the Atyeo has gone down and down since day 1

I could never understand the feeble financial excuse (75K) given for keeping it shut.

What was the transfer fee plus wages for Lee Miller?

How much are we paying Marcus Stewart per season?

:rofl2br:

Nice to know that costing the club £75k just so Diddums can sit in his favourite seat is a feeble excuse.

Are you for real?

Isn't the cost of opening the East End £75k per match? That rather pales in comparison to transfer money or wages.

Personally I enjoy match days at Ashton Gate.

OK, the atmosphere could be a lot better, but I enjoy the ritual of meeting up with my mates beforehand, our walk to the ground, talking about the game. I enjoy our little chat with the half time draw seller, our discussions about our ridiculously speculative punts for the afternoon. I enjoy watching the characters around me in the stand. I enjoy clapping the team out on to the pitch.

Most of all I enjoy watching my team, come rain or shine, come raucous singing or quiet reverence. Where I sit doesn't matter one jot. I saw Saturday's game from 2 diametrically opposite situations: the first half in my usual seat near the back of Dolman block E, amidst a fair bit of shouting and clapping but not a lot of singing; the second half in the lower half of the Dolman stand with the singers, making some noise and having a laugh.

Where I sit and what I'm doing while I watch football is purely secondary to the act of watching my team.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

When we are in this much debt, any investment we make has to have a guaranteed return on it for it to be worth it. Spending that much money on opening the East End does not have a guaranteed return. Yes, it improves the atmosphere, OK, that's a given. But from a business point of view, that does not translate into results. Look at Portsmouth, who have the best home support in the Premiership IMO, but they are still struggling.

Was the East End open when we lost 2-0 at home to Oldham in a vital game a couple of months before we lost to Brighton in the playoff final? Was the East End open when we drew 0-0 in a must-win game against Brighton in that same season? If atmosphere means that the team does better, why didn't it work in these important games?

I think it's unrealistic to expect the board to invest in something without a tangible return just to appease a minority (and it is a minority - look at the paltry turn-out in the East End for the Doncaster game last season - 200?).

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=51140

There are some real prunes on these forums.

Two whole days since the last message. And how many times does Steve have to answer the same, now extremely tedious, question?

Yes it is annoying reading the same old question. It is NOT going to happen so leave it WTFiGO!?! and let Steve L get on running this club of ours.

Guest North Street

I find shopping with the misses tedious so i don`t go.

So i would suggest that you stay away from Aston Gate if it is that bad !

:pray:

After thirty years of continual support of City i have considered the option of not going.Some of us want more than a sanitised experience in a stadium gripped by a collective torpor.Real vocal support was witnessed at Vale & Oldham but now is almost impossibel to create at the Gate because in all honesty BCFC do not understand that type of passion, want it or would even tolerate it because it does not sit with Steve L 's vision. Really take an an objective a look at Steve L' views & the clubs on safe standing, the East End, the Williams and the g block and tell me they are coming from the same place as many fans.

It's not the campaigning to open the East End that annoys me, although personally I feel it's an awful place to watch your football from and the campaign is unlikely to have any real success anyway as the club have stated their position on this more than once.

What does annoy is the depiction of Steve Lansdown as some kind of crazed dictator cackling madly as he gloats about another display of his almighty power over the downtrodden masses that watch City. The guy is doing everything he can for our club, it's got nothing to do with how much money he has got or how much he has put in. At the end of the day being chairman of Bristol City is certainly not earning him any money, only costing, although I have no idea how much in real terms.

It's 75K directly out of our club. It's a place to sit. Not even a very good one. There are plenty of others. Get over it.

Guest North Street

I think it's unrealistic to expect the board to invest in something without a tangible return just to appease a minority (and it is a minority - look at the paltry turn-out in the East End for the Doncaster game last season - 200?).

I really should get out more and ignore things like this but v Donny all under sixteens were banned so there were no mummies and Daddies and unlike the rest of the ground you could not pay on then day.But there were still 200 [dodgy figure that] in there and it was the bet atmosphere i experienced all season.

Now i am really of out.

What does annoy is the depiction of Steve Lansdown as some kind of crazed dictator cackling madly as he gloats about another display of his almighty power over the downtrodden masses that watch City.

You're fooling yourself. We're living in a dictatorship: a self-perpetuating autocracy in which the working classes....

Help! Help! I'm being repressed!

Guest North Street

It's not the campaigning to open the East End that annoys me, although personally I feel it's an awful place to watch your football from and the campaign is unlikely to have any real success anyway as the club have stated their position on this more than once.

What does annoy is the depiction of Steve Lansdown as some kind of crazed dictator cackling madly as he gloats about another display of his almighty power over the downtrodden masses that watch City. The guy is doing everything he can for our club, it's got nothing to do with how much money he has got or how much he has put in. At the end of the day being chairman of Bristol City is certainly not earning him any money, only costing, although I have no idea how much in real terms.

It's 75K directly out of our club. It's a place to sit. Not even a very good one. There are plenty of others. Get over it.

Or 25k less than the fine recieved for an illegal approach to somebodys elses Manager who went on to cost this club a little more than that!

Archived