IGNORED

Are You Lansdown In Diguise?

Wurzel City

Has anyone else suspected that a poster called redtop could know much more than he lets on?

He seems to post with such certainty that he and he alone is right, with such knowledge of the finer workings of the club and with the feeling that the rest of us know so little that i have suspicions that he really is Uncle Steve.

Has anyone else suspected that a poster called redtop could know much more than he lets on?

He seems to post with such certainty that he and he alone is right, with such knowledge of the finer workings of the club and with the feeling that the rest of us know so little that i have suspicions that he really is Uncle Steve.

You're wrong. I think you will find he is actually Gary Johnson.

• Admin

I've been in the bar at the same time as both Red Top & Steve - if they are one and the same he must be good at magic & illusions.

:o surely you know that The Sun shines out of Red Top's...............

Guest North Street

Redtop does though tend to write essays with a real journalistic flair.I do feel he should not bother though as reading between the lines he is simply stating "don't you dolts know who is running this show"? Redtop also has a tendancy to ignore points even if they are trying to be constructive and ....... "hang on a minute"! :blink:

Please do not speak publically about honest or truthful views as you run a very high risk of getting the crafty reply of being accused of whinging or crying like a baby from people who disagree with you.

I enjoy your post's mate because you are such a balanced person. It seems you have a chip on both shoulders.............

:o surely you know that The Sun shines out of Red Top's...............

Red Top, over the years, has got many column inches devoted to BCFC in the Cockney tabloid that is The Sun newspaper. Normally it's only Premiership sides that get that kind of exposure in that paper. Fair play to Red Top for keeping the Bristol Redzz flag flying high at Wapping Wharf. :whistle:

Red Top, over the years, has got many column inches devoted to BCFC in the Cockney tabloid that is The Sun newspaper. Normally it's only Premiership sides that get that kind of exposure in that paper. Fair play to Red Top for keeping the Bristol Redzz flag flying high at Wapping Wharf. :whistle:

So who is he? Not that dominic mohan bloke is it? what a **** he was "lets get a mohican just cos becks got one" Sad.

My bank manager would be happy to confirm for you that I am not, in fact, Steve Lansdown. I do, of course, have no greater idea of the workings of the club than anyone else on the forum.

However, despite that I still maintain that:

a. Anyone who still comes on here whinging about the East End and insists £75k of the club's money would be well spent opening it is a 'dolt', or whatever word you might prefer to use.

b. Anyone who comes on here insisting Bas Savage is the worst footballer in history is either an extremely poor judge of football or has never seen the likes of Gus Caesar, Scott McGarvey or Garry Stanley.

b. Anyone who comes on here insisting Bas Savage is the worst footballer in history is either an extremely poor judge of football or has never seen the likes of Gus Caesar, Scott McGarvey or Garry Stanley.

Or Marvin Harriot

So who is he? Not that dominic mohan bloke is it? what a tw@ he was "lets get a mohican just cos becks got one" Sad.

Try here for a guide http://www.theincider.com/information/aboutus.php :)

:dance:

Getting quite warm

:blush:

I enjoy your post's mate because you are such a balanced person. It seems you have a chip on both shoulders.............

Well I assume by your 'balanced person' remark that you too are having a dabble with sarcasm.

Anyway, they're giant french fries not chips, and don't knock them as it is them that are keeping me so well balanced!

Damm, I had before 11am on the sweep stake too :whistle:

Well, it's been boring on here lately :dance:

And when someone comes on & nearly gets 4, when they put 2 & 2 together - then the seeker of truth & justice goes on a roll.

:cool:

If I was on at 11, you could have been a rich man. At least it goes to show that someone else knows where I am coming from.

:whistle:

I disagree with much that RedTop writes but he is without doubt a most able and eloquent contributor - but then he should be, it's his job - oh yes, and he is a really nice bloke who loves the City and was willing(and lucky enough to be able to afford it) to do a 6,000 mile round trip on weekends to see his team play.

I nearly said most eloquent but thought he and DaveL would be a close call.

It's good to read a well argued post instead of the usual insults if someone disagrees with your point of view.

My posts are honest and consistent and so I get plenty of flack but what the hell

My bank manager would be happy to confirm for you that I am not, in fact, Steve Lansdown. I do, of course, have no greater idea of the workings of the club than anyone else on the forum.

However, despite that I still maintain that:

a. Anyone who still comes on here whinging about the East End and insists £75k of the club's money would be well spent opening it is a 'dolt', or whatever word you might prefer to use.

Guest Harry Dolman

Are we still having the East End debate ???

My history of watching City pretty much started in the East End watching 4th division football. As I got older I got a bit bored with it & moved around the ground having reasonable tenures in the Enclosure, Open End (why ??), Dolman & Williams.

Consign the East End to history - the "atmosphere" it created died with all seater stadia. It does not help us win matches (Oldham the season before last, Chesterfield last season).

Get over it.

Consign the East End to history - the "atmosphere" it created died with all seater stadia. It does not help us win matches (Oldham the season before last, Chesterfield last season).

Get over it.

On the logic that it doesn't help us win matches because we lost against a couple of clubs when it was open, means that none of the players help us win matches either, as we lost to Colchester with them playing. Silly logic isn't it.

You win some, you lose some. With the East End open, we have more chance of winning in my opinion.

I totally agree with you that the all seaters don't help the atmosphere at all, which is why I would want there to be a terracing option brought back to Ashton Gate. It would accomadate for another sort of fan too.

Get over it you say, we'll see won't we. I admit that simple "open it, open it, open it" posts are unnecessary and do more harm than good now.

The board, me, you and anyone who has ever glanced at this forum knows why it should be opened and it's still shut regardless of these reasons.

Can someone post every hurdle we need to overcome and find a solution to, so we have a chance of getting it opened. We need to think how we can get it opened as appose to why it should be opened.

So far the reasons I have are; the cost of £4500 a match, which is there because of trouble in the East End.

Any other reasons?

I asked this on another thread, but yet to have a reply.

Fair play to RedTop he was certainly spot on with the following reply as taken from Elvis Dolman's 'Old Bill Over Kill' post........

"The police blackmail the club into agreeing their draconian measures, which is a disgrace. It is the police that demand the ridiculous, unjust (and counter-productive, as argued in previous threads) measures such as insisting that all away fans travel on coaches from their 'home' city, despite the fact many do not live there. The club have little option but to agree because the police and council now have such power that they can threaten to reduce the capacity or even refuse a licence if the club does not do exactly what they demand.

Put yourself in SteveL's shoes, here. The police tell you that unless you agree to their demands to only let your fans travel by official club coach, the capacity for one of the few matches guaranteed to raise a big crowd - let's say Notts Forest, for example - will be severely restricted if there is the slightest sniff of trouble. The club are left with little alternative.

Given their demands regarding travel and ticket control, which both City and Swansea followed, the policing levels yesterday were completely over the top and, I believe, utterly unjustifiable. And of course, who has to pay for all this lovely overtime? The club. For which, read you and me. We pay the money for officers we don't need, just because the police threaten us unless we agree to the levels they want.

I also have to say that the blatant videoing of fans is itself little short of incitement, and surely goes against any principle of maintaining calm in a ground. I have never been involved in any violence at any match, nor would I in any way condone such appalling crime. But I have to say that, as a normal fan trying to watch my team, having a cop dressed like a member of the bloody SAS shove a camera blatantly in my face to video me as I carry about my lawful business of watching my club enrages me and leaves me feeling far more violated than anything the opposing fans can say and do. It has two effects:

1. It winds up fans, creating a more explosive situation

2. Such aggresive and non-specific provocation turns ordinary law-abiding supporters against the police.

And don't try to tell me it's just a way of getting fans' pictures on film. It isn't. The police can easily take a decent quality picture of any fan they want off of CCTV. It is about intimidating fans. And it reduces the respect that we have for the police, and therefore the support they can expect from us. Which is a shame, but true."

Here's one for RedTop.....'The Galloping Gestapo at Wapping' :w00t: ........

IPB Image

Archived