IGNORED

Wilkshire Not Even In Squad!

AndyKat87

I would have him in the team rather than Skuse anyday and he cant make the squad!, whats going on!!!??

Wilkshire is lightweight, has one good away game in 5 and will find it hard playing on an uneven pitch tonight.

I'm concerned that without Russell the City midfield will be too lightweight.I can only assume that Skuse is in because he has extra height to help defend the many high balls that City can expect tonight.

Skuse is not such a good tackler as Russell.Remember how easy it was to walk through' the City midfield when Skuse last started there?

I'm concerned that without Russell the City midfield will be too lightweight.I can only assume that Skuse is in because he has extra height to help defend the many high balls that City can expect tonight.

Skuse is not such a good tackler as Russell.Remember how easy it was to walk through' the City midfield when Skuse last started there?

I do and am now worried because I don't really rate Skuse well not at the moment anyway, I don't think hes what we need.

I do and am now worried because I don't really rate Skuse well not at the moment anyway, I don't think hes what we need.

Personally I didn't rate Russell very highly on Saturday, had a pretty crap game, albeit 45 minutes.

i don't rate wilkshire...however...

i rate skuse, i think he's got a lot to offer, he's not looked too bad at the moment.

although brown likes to jump straight into challenges and seems like a lot stronger option, i would have thought that if hes not in the starting line-up then skuse has proven himself in training/the last few games.

Wilkshire is lightweight, has one good away game in 5 and will find it hard playing on an uneven pitch tonight.

Wilkshire doesn't fancy these sort of games, he's likely to be totally ineffective at Layer road in the middle of January in a ramshackle ground with a bumpy pitch and 3,000 people watching.

This bumpy pitch people are talking about, is it the same one that won the divisional award in 2005?

Nibor

I would have him in the team rather than Skuse anyday and he cant make the squad!, whats going on!!!??

whats going on is that Gary Johnson is the manager and not you.

He sees him in training every day and in my opinion probably sees him as the lightweight luxury player we can ill afford.

I don't personally think we will miss him if or when he leaves (how could we? he's barely started a game in our unbeaten run)

I saw Wilkshire at Donny a few weeks back and I agree with people who say that he goes AWOL at vital times of games away from home. We were 1-0 down at Donny early in the second half and just when we needed him to get involved and create something he went missing for 20 odd minutes, leaving Noble taking on two blokes on his own. Not what you need in this league. Wilkshire is a luxury player in my opinion who would be best used in a 5 man midfield as the "spare" man.

He's going. Contract up in the summer and we won't won't be able to probably match what we are paying him now.

He will want to play at a higher level to garantee a place in the Aussie squad too.

The Downunder media expected Luke to be transferred this month to help his world cup selection. Apparently there was an interested club.

Any interested clubs have had little chance to see him as he cant get a regular start under GJ.

I would have thought if he was not in GJ's plans he could of had his name circulated, as he's off on a free at seasons end. It is however in Wilkshires world cup interest to be out there playing and playing well, so he will take what he can get with us, or as he hopes elsewhere asap.

HE HAS FOOD POISONING

This is true, although he would have probably been on the bench anyway.

GJ played him in the hole behind Stewart in the reserve game at Chelters last week and he played well nearly scoring a couple as well as playing some good one-twos just outside the area. GJ must feel that playing LW in this role in the first team is a luxury he can't afford.

Archived