IGNORED

Stewart Must Start!

One Team

Guest yateady

the reason why we drew on saturday and lost tonight was because we didn't take our chances, we have one of the most gifted players at the club sat on the bench, and a bloke who has scored 1 goal in 4 years as a first team regular, it's not rocket science, gj has got to swallow his pride shake hands with stewart and let him get on with it, score goals, this team is much improved to the one a month or so a go, with a midfield making chances and a tight back four, apart from tonight, imo savage is a hinderence to brooker not a help.

I have to ask you this, and I promise I'm not being funny with you..... But why?

Did you see him away at Donny? the best thing he did was give his hat to some young kid! My gran could of warmed up better than him.

Did you see him at the Bristol city supporters trust launch night, he certainly didn't SEEM to want to be there.

Did you see his warm up against Walsall - I'm sorry I'm all for a laugh, but that was not funny, when people passed him the ball he just ran away!

I don't know how he feels, but IMO MS has come to BCFC to try and take a bit of cash before he retires, even though he has been a fan all his life, and fair play to him. We don't ploay to his style and he hasn't settled, not entirely his fault I admit. MS Hasn't played well all season and like I say IMO he has been a let down, therefore I would rather City get rid and save our wage bill

Give me one reason WHY MS should start on Sat against B'pool, just because he scored tonight? What else has he done for BCFC this season, I'll tell you what sweet FA. Now don't get me wrong I was looking forward to seeing Marcus in a city shirt this season, but as I've already mentioned, I would rather see a commited player in the city shirt - Savage, then someone who states he loves the club and takes alot of money a week in wages and has done nothing - Stewart, this is only my opinion

I agree with most of what you say, Bas does seem more commited, but I think after stewarts goal he has maybe deserved a chance for a first team place on saturday, stating a claim if you will, and if Marcus really wasn't commited to city, he would have left a long time ago as countless league clubs are surely lining up to sign him.

the reason why we drew on saturday and lost tonight was because we didn't take our chances, we have one of the most gifted players at the club sat on the bench, and a bloke who has scored 1 goal in 4 years as a first team regular, it's not rocket science, gj has got to swallow his pride shake hands with stewart and let him get on with it, score goals, this team is much improved to the one a month or so a go, with a midfield making chances and a tight back four, apart from tonight, imo savage is a hinderence to brooker not a help.

Before I start and this is not aimed at anyone what so ever, but why is it once MS scores his 1st goal in how ever long, I can't remember, people climb out of the woodwork and start singing his praises. There is way i would doubt GJ, yet when I 1st saw BS I thought what the F~@@ his this, where is MS. Yet now I would rather see BS play in the city shirt then MS anyday. People surely can remember shaun Taylor, not the best footballer in the world by a country mile, yet he was COMMITTED to city completley. Now the word here is COMMITTED. Any die hard city fan wants to see committment from our players, which is what BS gives. Now on Sat he was a hero because he scored his 1st goal in 30 odd 1st team games, MS comes off the bench and scores and everyone forgets about BS. The bloke took a beating that Mike Tyson (probably the wrong comparrison - we'll use Nigel Benn) would be proud of and SETS up yet another goal, whilst getting kicked to death, yet he is now dropped.

Just one question why, do you want players who have been city fans all their lives who used to stand on the east end as a kid, or would you rather have players who battle for their shirt and would die for the course?

I certainly know what type of player i'd rather have!

Before I start and this is not aimed at anyone what so ever, but why is it once MS scores his 1st goal in how ever long, I can't remember, people climb out of the woodwork and start singing his praises.

I was out of the woodwork well before Stewart scored personally. So were a number of other posters on this thread.

Savage tries hard and he's unorthodox, he gives us a different option, noone's denying any of that. But do you really think he's going to get a good goal return?

Stewart is by far a better footballer and he also tries hard despite what some people on here say. He wasn't very successful early on this season but nor was the entire team. In his last full game he was excellent, his goal return is better.

Just one question why, do you want players who have been city fans all their lives who used to stand on the east end as a kid, or would you rather have players who battle for their shirt and would die for the course?

Whichever, when you take into account ability, form and fitness, is the better player. In comparing those two players, for me it's Stewart every time.

Nibor

Before I start and this is not aimed at anyone what so ever, but why is it once MS scores his 1st goal in how ever long, I can't remember, people climb out of the woodwork and start singing his praises. There is way i would doubt GJ, yet when I 1st saw BS I thought what the F~@@ his this, where is MS. Yet now I would rather see BS play in the city shirt then MS anyday. People surely can remember shaun Taylor, not the best footballer in the world by a country mile, yet he was COMMITTED to city completley. Now the word here is COMMITTED. Any die hard city fan wants to see committment from our players, which is what BS gives. Now on Sat he was a hero because he scored his 1st goal in 30 odd 1st team games, MS comes off the bench and scores and everyone forgets about BS. The bloke took a beating that Mike Tyson (probably the wrong comparrison - we'll use Nigel Benn) would be proud of and SETS up yet another goal, whilst getting kicked to death, yet he is now dropped.

Talking of players who scored their 1st goal in 4 years sat. Enough said

I was out of the woodwork well before Stewart scored personally. So were a number of other posters on this thread.

Savage tries hard and he's unorthodox, he gives us a different option, noone's denying any of that. But do you really think he's going to get a good goal return?

Stewart is by far a better footballer and he also tries hard despite what some people on here say. He wasn't very successful early on this season but nor was the entire team. In his last full game he was excellent, his goal return is better.

Whichever, when you take into account ability, form and fitness, is the better player. In comparing those two players, for me it's Stewart every time.

Nibor

I respect your opinion, but I just feel BS and SB are a better team the SB and MS, from the interviews I've seen on world SB would rather play with BS because he takes more of the abuse then MS would ever do! Who knows and if Bas isn't fit to face B'pool then Gj has only 1 option but to play MS and SB, then if he plays well (all I'm asking for) then I will eat my words

I don't want him to play for the City, because he has supported City all his life, I want him to play the full 90 mins every week, because in my opinion he is a far better player than Savage, and that is basically it, there are thousands of City fans who would give 110% for the club every week, but that doesn't make them good enough. On saturday he scored his first goal, fair play to him for that, but someone then decides he was Man of the Match????????, you will never convince me he was Man of the Match on Sat, Louis Carey was superb at the back alongside the other three defenders, but Carey had an outstanding game, and deserved the Mom award.

I don't want him to play for the City, because he has supported City all his life, I want him to play the full 90 mins every week, because in my opinion he is a far better player than Savage, and that is basically it, there are thousands of City fans who would give 110% for the club every week, but that doesn't make them good enough. On saturday he scored his first goal, fair play to him for that, but someone then decides he was Man of the Match????????, you will never convince me he was Man of the Match on Sat, Louis Carey was superb at the back alongside the other three defenders, but Carey had an outstanding game, and deserved the Mom award.

yeah but those awards are voted for by city fans, also he probabaly won it because he scored his 1st goal in over 30 1st team games, I agree there were far players on the field on Sat who should of got MOM award, however he was awarded to him, and from what I heard ( I wasn't there do to me having to work) he had another good game, thats all i want from my team, people who are committed :blush:

yeah but those awards are voted for by city fans, also he probabaly won it because he scored his 1st goal in over 30 1st team games, I agree there were far players on the field on Sat who should of got MOM award, however he was awarded to him, and from what I heard ( I wasn't there do to me having to work) he had another good game, thats all i want from my team, people who are committed :blush:

I think I want to give up !!!

I respect your opinion, but I just feel BS and SB are a better team the SB and MS, from the interviews I've seen on world SB would rather play with BS because he takes more of the abuse then MS would ever do! Who knows and if Bas isn't fit to face B'pool then Gj has only 1 option but to play MS and SB, then if he plays well (all I'm asking for) then I will eat my words

I've never seen Brooker interviewed on world, he must be scared of cameras. I don't think he gets any less of a kicking when BS is on the pitch, why would a defender be any less physical with Brooker? In fairness he normally dishes out as good as he gets anyway, except for getting strangled last saturday that is.

MS played well in his last full game and has now matched Savage's goal tally over the last few games despite only being on the pitch for a tiny fraction of the time. I doubt very much that Johnson will give him the opportunity anyway, he'll play Savage until we have a new signing.

Nibor

Maybe Savage has a convenient injury which keeps him out of saturdays game and lets Stewart back in - he did get bashed about a bit according to the commentary. Convenient for Johnson and Stewart that is..

Yep hopefully Bas will shake it off, but if not I'm sure MS will step in and hopefully do a good job

Archived