IGNORED

Savage Stewart

jackorack

Just because he scores one goal in injury time suddenly makes up for what he has failed to produce this season!

Comedy. :doh:

lets face it, as much as we like savage and all is little tricks and step overs, he is very unlikely to score more than 5 goals this season, just about scored on Sat from 2 yards! I hope that I am wrong but just can't see it,

Stewart is not a target man he needs to play off players now prehaps we need a big foward so lets get one Savage will never score the goals that are needed for him to hold down a place in the team.

As for Basso when you think about it some one at 30 should be at his peak you can see now why he could not find a mug of a club to take him until now.

according to your midget boss Gas Savage is going to an integral part of your successful team.

HA HA!! :laugh:

Guest Chrisl76

He should in from the start because he is a proven goal scorer, as tonight showed

Yes i was at the match, the goal was a typical Stewart goal - poaching in the 5 yard box

didn't get a clear look at the goal thanks to the fantastic terracing at Layer Road (I've been half a dozen times and never managed to get a clear view of both goals!)

He caused problems as soon as he came on for Col U (Who, to be fair, looked rock solid at the back - brooks didn't get a look in in the 2nd half) and I for one was delighted he put one away.

I'm not going to slate GJ as I think by and large we're heading in the right direction, but why he held out so long to stick Stewie on, when it was obvious to most people that we were never going to claw our way back from 3-1 down without changing something, is beyond me. is it a personal thing?

Guest ashtonyate

Just because he scores one goal in injury time suddenly makes up for what he has failed to produce this season!

Comedy. :doh:

No not just a goal in injury time his track record over the years says he is a quality player, also he wont run a round like a blue assed fly.

Any idiot can run around that not his game he need a midfield that can feed him the right ball.

No not just a goal in injury time his track record over the years says he is a quality player, also he wont run a round like a blue assed fly.

Any idiot can run around that not his game he need a midfield that can feed him the right ball.

I agree with the statements about Stewart, But at the end of the day as city supporters many are

divided on Savage and Stewart, which is a shame as there both OUR players so they should both get our support.

My prob is'nt with Bas or Marcus, more of a question of , we should have made the sub earlier.

Not enough time given irrelevent of who was brought on

IMO strikers are there to score goals, Stewart scored so he should start the next games.

Savage should be a sub to start, like lita was with Danny Wilson. Then let him work his way into the team by scoring late/winnig goals. then next season there may be an improvment, though it is a long time to wait.

:city::city::city::city::city::city::city::city::city::city::city::city:

Yep totally agree - nothing against Savage he has been a useful player for us but we need two goalscorers up front to take pressure off Brooker. Stewart and Brooker should start with Savage getting a good 25 minute run out. Come on Marcus take your chance and show what City really means to you. Think that was his 5th goal of the season last night so time to add to his tally like never before

Strikers are there to score goals. That is what they get paid to do!

I AGREE

But when they are not scoring goals, the best next thing they can do is give 100% and create goal scoring opportunites for others.

Now lets be honest, do Brooker and Stewart do that?

They want all the glory of a penalty box poacher, but outside the box they offer no commitment, and rarely set up opportunities for others, as they are so intent on the good of themselves and rather the team.

Nevertheless the best strikers do both, set up, and score goals.

No strikers at the club currently do that.

If Savage can get more goals. I am backing him for one against Blackpool, then in the future we might be talking about who will partner him.

If you could ask Stewart or Brooker, who they would rather play with, they would say Big Bas each time.

He takes all the battering for them. He got clattered a few times yesterday.

We should call him Bas Brooker's Bodyguard.

When Stewart last started (against Huddersfield) we won. He was then suspended (or injured, I can't remember) and Bas got in.

Since then we have been on an unbeaten run (mostly of wins). As alot of us would agree with GJ thinking, why change a winning team.

Now our winning run has come to an end to a difficult choice comes in to play. Whether to give the same players another go to put the defeat right or change things? (If you've been a big Champ Manager player over recent years like myself, you will of gone over this dilema yourself many a time)

Now I wasn't there last night so don't really know how Bas played and whether he should be dropped or not but Marcus in scoring when he came on does boost his chances of starting the next game.

Basically all I'm saying is that marcus isn't starting at the moment as we've been doing well.

I wouldn't be surprised if he starts at Blackpool.

We should just support whoever it is whos on the pitch. We've been playing well (well a lot better than we were).

Yep totally agree - nothing against Savage he has been a useful player for us but we need two goalscorers up front to take pressure off Brooker. Stewart and Brooker should start with Savage getting a good 25 minute run out. Come on Marcus take your chance and show what City really means to you. Think that was his 5th goal of the season last night so time to add to his tally like never before

Savage would be more effective given 25 minutes than he would a whole match because he will have just as much to prove but in less time, and lets face it he wont score more goals by playing the whole 90. Nothing against savage but experience is required to lift city of the bottom.

Johnson you legend, take your mule (stewart) and go into battle. (just a little inspiration) don't know why i decided to add this.

:city::city::city::city::city::city::city::city::city::city::city:

Archived