IGNORED

Get Off Of Gary Johnsons Back

Mikenoski

I keep reading comments on here from fools saying "We need to act now" - "Time is running out" - "Where are all the transfers coming in" :@

Do these people really think that SL and GJ are unaware of the deadlines of the transfer window? Do they think that the powers that be have been twiddling their thumbs?

As fans we should want GJ to bring in players who can improve the squad. Not panic buys for the sake of it. Players that can come in and hit the ground running are not 2 to a penny and they are even more difficult to come across mid-way through the season.

I will fully support GJ even if he brings nobody else in...he obviously wants to......but if I go out shopping for a TV.... I don't come back with a radio when I find out that the shop have sold out!

I keep reading comments on here from fools saying "We need to act now" - "Time is running out" - "Where are all the transfers coming in" :@

Do these people really think that SL and GJ are unaware of the deadlines of the transfer window? Do they think that the powers that be have been twiddling their thumbs?

As fans we should want GJ to bring in players who can improve the squad. Not panic buys for the sake of it. Players that can come in and hit the ground running are not 2 to a penny and they are even more difficult to come across mid-way through the season.

I will fully support GJ even if he brings nobody else in...he obviously wants to......but if I go out shopping for a TV.... I don't come back with a radio when I find out that the shop have sold out!

Watch out mate! I wouldn't have an opinion if l were you...... Unless you've got an F.A Coaching badge.

Yes, but you wouldn't sell or loan out all the TV's & Radios you already have either if you couldn't find a replacement.

I think you're 100% correct.

Gary Johnson and Steve Lansdown have been in the business long enough and I'm sure the transfer window deadline hasn't slipped their mind or anything. No doubt they are looking to improve the current squad and like Mikenoski said, there is no point buying just for the sake of it.

Lets carrying on speculating and see who, if anyone, comes in.

..buying for the sake of it! for the sake of it! We're 5th bottom and if we lose on Saturday we are in the relegation slot. Not buying new players is not an option. The lot we have aren't good enough, look at the table!

Don't you understand what the original poster means? It is quite simple. What he/she means is that it is pointless buying players who are no better than we already have just to appease all the serial panic merchants on this forum who seem to have totally lost the plot after one draw and one defeat (the same people who predict play-offs after a 7 match unbeaten run in some cases!!). All that would do is make a small difference in the short term and then you would be writing EXACTLY THE SAME POST next January. Still not understanding yet? Perhaps we should all give up right now. We're doomed. Relegated already before January. All the other teams around us will pull away from us by picking up points left, right and centre because that's what they have been doing all season...............haven't they?

Let's just hope the players have got a bit more fight in them than many people on this forum or we really are in the mire!! Johnson has to add players who are not only good enough to keep us up in the short term but will make a contribution to a serious play-off (or beyond) push next season. Bas Savage is an example of a short term gamble who could pay off spectacularly but might just as easily be history come August. How many more of those gambles do you want Johnson to take?

Have been meaning to state this oppinion for a while even when GJ was going on about the window post Christmas. I could have fitted it into a number of threads recently and also I've been a tad post-shy since that EE mess I created but here goes:

What percentage of City's signings (and football signings generally) in say the last five years do you estimate have gone on to prove a success? (defined to me as regular and worthwhile contributers to the first team)

Why do people think all the answers lie in bringing in new personel?

I would bring back Gillesbie, give Stewart more time on the pitch and the only place if I were to look at bringing in anyone might be left back. (unless there is an offer to good to turn down of course).

Also, what is the point of these transfer windows, especially in a league where money is so tight anyway?

It seems to me like just another rule implemented for the sake of it.

Have been meaning to state this oppinion for a while even when GJ was going on about the window pre Christmas. I could have fitted it into a number of threads recently and also I've been a tad post-shy since that EE mess I created but here goes:

What percentage of City's signings (and football signings generally) in say the last five years do you estimate have gone on to prove a success? (defined to me as regular and worthwhile contributers to the first team)

Why do people think all the answers lie in bringing in new personel?

I would bring back Gillesbie, give Stewart more time on the pitch and the only place if I were to look at bringing in anyone might be left back. (unless there is an offer to good to turn down of course).

Also, what is the point of these transfer windows, especially in a league where money is so tight anyway?

It seems to me like just another rule implemented for the sake of it.

It wouldn't let me edit a deliberate mistake for some reason so the whole things a bit of a bodge job hence me accidently quoting myself. heyho

as one of your percieved 'fools' I continue to critical of Lansdowns reactive policy.

Lets not forget he was in charge over bringing in Partridge and Grant Smith etc. So in effect we are 'panic buying' now as a direct result. - don't lets heap all the blame on the managers either (but then again he's appointed them too so whats the common denominator here?

I'm sure they are active but my unease stems from the simple fact that we don't 'appear' to have a coherent policy regards the positions we are targetting. We need a striker, should we be playing musical chairs with the defence instead?

Maybe it's me, but actually you see I AM entitled to an opinion (here's a tip, lay off the abusive nature of your posts. You may disagree, but do it with reasoned argument. or maybe you prefer to undermine the legitimacy of your arguments with infantile insults.)

Personally I want to see him bring back an Mpg player anyhow.

Well said mate. Think it'll fall on deaf ears for the majority on here though. :angry:

Get off his back !!!!

Two Fulham kids in after two Charlton kids were chucked in the deep end.

Who recommends all these London based kids ?

Someone said it was Johnsons brother - that can't be true can it ?

Impropriety and all that.

I don't believe that an organisation like BCFC would allow such nepotism personally.

Well, given that Fontaine has played for GJ in the past (and from every single Yeovil source I've seen, did well for them) I'd guess that Gary himself was behind that one...

Archived