IGNORED

Adam Green Signed On Loan.....

dazza247

Playing against Manchester United is daunting enough for any professional footballer but, for a 20-year-old Academy graduate, the opportunity face the biggest team in the world twice in a week is a dream come true. Young left back Adam Green did just that last season and in a total of seven starts he proved his potential against some of the best forwards in the Premiership.

An attacking full-back with surprising strength and natural skill, Adam is every bit the Premiership star in the making and signed a new contract in summer 2004 that will keep him at the Club until the June 2006.

Adam Green Info

Playing against Manchester United is daunting enough for any professional footballer but, for a 20-year-old Academy graduate, the opportunity face the biggest team in the world twice in a week is a dream come true. Young left back Adam Green did just that last season and in a total of seven starts he proved his potential against some of the best forwards in the Premiership.

An attacking full-back with surprising strength and natural skill, Adam is every bit the Premiership star in the making and signed a new contract in summer 2004 that will keep him at the Club until the June 2006.

--

Green was handed his first professional contract in the summer of 2003.

Academy director Steve Kean said Green 'is the best left-back for his age in the country'.

The left-back was handed his debut in September of that year when he played in the 1-0 Carling Cup defeat at Wigan Athletic.

Kean added on Fulham's website: 'He's a player that can run all day; he's got an unbelievable engine and is always on his toes. He's a good passer, a good defender and is very attentive.'

Green was handed his Premiership debut in January 2004 due to injury problems, and did well in 2-1 defeat at Middlesbrough.

He made seven appearances throughout 2003/04, and rarely looked out of place. He went on to win Fulham's Young Player of the Year award.

That led to a new, improved contract to keep him at Fulham until the summer of 2006.

After featuring four times in 2004/05, Green joined League One promotion challengers Sheffield Wednesday on loan in late-January.

Steve Kean again told Fulham's official website: 'After getting a taste of first team football, Adam's been in the reserves for a while and sometimes, as a young player, you can plateau in your development.

'The loan will help him gain more match experience and give him a greater competitive edge. Hopefully he will find it easier to get back into the team when he returns.'

He made his debut in a 2-2 draw at Milton Keynes Dons and made a total of three appearances before an ankle injury ended his involvement a week early.

And in March he was loaned to another League One club, AFC Bournemouth.

Surprissed considering thats why i thought we signed Fontaine on loan, obviously Fontaine is wanted as cover to the back 2! Seems a decent player do you lot think he will start on saturday instead of Woody, Although it states that he will be on the Bench (on mainsite)

Woody came back from Torquay and has done really well, makes you wonder what GJ is up to. We now have 3 left backs, same as we have strikers!!! Does anyone else think a bit of cover for the wide players, particularly a left sided player and a striker are top priority, rather than having hundreds of defenders?

Woody came back from Torquay and has done really well, makes you wonder what GJ is up to. We now have 3 left backs, same as we have strikers!!! Does anyone else think a bit of cover for the wide players, particularly a left sided player and a striker are top priority, rather than having hundreds of defenders?

It surprisses me mate unless he has a intention of playing Green as a Left midfielder!

Didn't I read that Fontaine could play on the left of midfield as well though?

Then again something tells me that I was reading something else about someone else, so I think I'm actually wrong about that :doh:

I dunno Taz mate, but if he can what a versatile player left back left midfield and centre back! :me?: Just hope that Green turns out to be as good as Noble!

Now we need a striker hopefully the Hayter offer will be accepted!

Playing devil's advocate, perhaps Johnson wants a Left Back who goes past the half-way line. Particularly since we do not have a left winger. And before anyone says Murray is playing on the left wing, how many times has he attempted to run past a defender and get in a cross from the by-line over the last few weeks?

Played about 70% of the reserve games for fulham this season so should be fit. We need better than Woodman at left back and i hope this guy's it.

Johnson says that he also plays left mid so the signing covers two positions.

Also may help Fontaine settle in if they get on.

Let's just hope they aren't Youga and Sankofa mark II

Striker is a top priority, as is somone to keep scott murry on his toes. I think cottrial has done well in the team but needs a rest.

Wayne Bridge has just signed for Fulham, so Green will be way down the pecking order. Good signing by the looks of it. Precisely the type of player at the right level of football that we should be signing. Something this club has struggled with in the past 4 or 5 years.

Archived