IGNORED

Anyone Else Worried?

Robbored

Some fans are complaining that City have been too inactive so far in the January window.Whilst that is a reasonable perspective I wonder what the effect of an influx of new players will be on Johnson.

Already he's got defenders Fontaine and Green in untill the end of the season and there is the prospect of another two or three coming in on longer deals.A striker and possibly another midfielder or two.

Lets not forget that untill Colchester, City had been unbeaten for 7 games and in everyones opinion playing much better overall.Even the defeat at Layer Rd was a little unlucky.That run of results was achieved by players already at the club and more or less the same team.

I'm concerned that with new players to play with Johnson will mess with what has been a fairly settled side who achieved a decent run of results.

I understand the need to have strength in depth and competition for places but I worry that Johnson will allow his abundance of riches to go to head and start changing the team needlessly every game.We know what happened last he did that....

Some fans are complaining that City have been too inactive so far in the January window.Whilst that is a reasonable perspective I wonder what the effect of an influx of new players will be on Johnson.

Already he's got defenders Fontaine and Green in untill the end of the season and there is the prospect of another two or three coming in on longer deals.A striker and possibly another midfielder or two.

Lets not forget that untill Colchester, City had been unbeaten for 7 games and in everyones opinion playing much better overall.Even the defeat at Layer Rd was a little unlucky.That run of results was achieved by players already at the club and more or less the same team.

I'm concerned that with new players to play with Johnson will mess with what has been a fairly settled side who achieved a decent run of results.

I understand the need to have strength in depth and competition for places but I worry that Johnson will allow his abundance of riches to go to head and start changing the team needlessly every game.We know what happened last he did that....

Hopefully, Johnson is identifying areas where serious competition is required (Left Back and Centre Back are blatant areas) but will give the people currently in possession of the shirt the opportunity to either keep or lose their places. If he does that then the players can have no complaints. If he goes on the wholesale changes route then we will have yet another player revolt which is something we can do without. I would like to think Johnson realises this too. He made a comment the other day about making as few changes as possible to maintain a settled side and system but you also need to have bodies around that stop the current players slipping back into the comfort zone.

I'm not at all concerned. If the players are improvements on what we already have I don't care. I also can't see how improving the squad for the impending relegation scrap can hurt either. Besides we've only signed these players on loan until the end of the season so far. If they're crap they go away again it's that simple isn't it?

Relax.

Guest yateady

i don't think there is a need to be worried, both players seem to have a good pedigree, we've also got rid of a few players such as smith, fortune, partridge, gilly. more could follow in the next week, if we can get another forward and midfielder in i'd imagine we'd be in a good position to progress, the key is to bed these new players in slowly, such as on the bench, they can see our pattern of play etc, by playing four new players in a game will disrupt the squad and i'm sure gj is aware of that.

Yes, I too am concerned. The defence has been good recently, so I was a bit surprised by his latest 2 signings....

i agree we've been better at the back but if we get a few bookings and injuries we're up the creek without a paddle.

Definitely.

Look what happened when GJ first arrived.

Brought in two reserve defenders from London Premiership clubs that were no better, in fact worse, than what we already had.

Now 2 more from Fulham, at a time when the defence is playing ok. Deja vu or what. And both can play on the left, doesn't bode well for Woodman, who IMO has been playing well, as he was before the 2 Charlton lads arrived.

What is it with GJ about mediocre defenders? In addition to the 4 from London, there was Joseph, possibly someone else, I'm losing track.

Apart from that, a striker in Quinn who couldnt cut the mustard and of course the controversial Bas.

IMO, the only good signing so far has been Noble.

The crap run came at a time when the side was completely unsettled. We then have a good run with a settled team, and then a whole load of more mediocre players start arriving.

Ive said it before we do not need 28 players, just 18/20 decent ones at most, with some good young reserves that can be brought in if necessary.

Definitely.

Brought in two reserve defenders from London Premiership clubs that were no better, in fact worse, than what we already had.

Now 2 more from Fulham, at a time when the defence is playing ok. Deja vu or what. And both can play on the left, doesn't bode well for Woodman, who IMO has been playing well, as he was before the 2 Charlton lads arrived.

What is it with GJ about mediocre defenders? In addition to the 4 from London, there was Joseph, possibly someone else, I'm losing track.

Apart from that, a striker in Quinn who couldnt cut the mustard and of course the controversial Bas.

The crap run came at a time when the side was completely unsettled. We then have a good run with a settled team, and then a whole load of more mediocre players start arriving.

Ive said it before we do not need 28 players, just 18/20 decent ones at most, with some good young reserves that can be brought in if necessary.

You appear to have decided they're crap already. Also there is no evidence that they are going to be immediately chucked in the team. They might be introduced slowly. After all, Woodman wasn't immediately dropped was he?

Definitely.

You took the words out of my mouth!

We seem to have gone full circle, from 'some/none of you are good enough', 'here are your replacements', to 'maybe you aren't so bad after all' and now we are off again! I suppose you can largely blame the silly season that is known as the transfer window, which IMO should be a season long expariment and then scrapped.

With the exception of Noble the other loanees didn't feel like one of the team and it was not easy to watch a team of so many 'strangers', no sooner than you recognised them and their style of play they were gone!

It's difficult and frustrating for us as we rightly don't know what is going on to encourage players to come to us and what the situation is.

It's also difficult not to judge a player unfairly before we've seen him on the strength of what other loan players have been like.

But GJ also said that he was bringing players for the future of the club, so with bringing in these 2 guys from fulham who seem to have had a taste of the prem, i'm sure will be a platform for next season.

IMO i don't think he will unsettle the team unless hayter or jevons turn up then i'm sure they will more or less go straight into the team, hopefully with a couple of sub appearences behind them first so they would have had enough time on the training pitch to not unsettle the team.

I know its been said before but IMO the 2 fulham lads are just to add a bit of competition for places.

I understand where you are coming from, but the bottom line is that Johnson stated that he would be judged on his team come January. He has now brought in two wet behind the ears kids - who are they supposed to replace ? Heywood ? Carey ? Or are they going to sit on the bench ? I'll judge him, no doubt about that.

He has left himself wide open with signing these kids - Fontaine actually stated in his World interview that he was off form and hoping to regain form here !!!!!

We need players who can "EFFECT A GAME" Gary old son, cause we are in the brown stuff.

Agree with that.

When we were languishing at the foot of the league on a record losing streak, Johnson was talking the talk and waxing lyrical about the players to come in January.

Indeed, he intimated that one or two deals were already done and he was only waiting for the window to open.

Well that's proved to be total tosh and it looks like he had no more idea who he was going to get in Janaury than we did.

Eleven days left and we have a couple of defenders on loan. He needs to go some to pull this out of the bag and finally walk the walk.

Unconvinced.

Guest HampshireCider

Why bring in another defender when we need a left winger and a striker :dunno:

its about time that some serious money was put into this club, We are getting left behind and i dread to think what state relegation would leave us in!! :@ :pray:

Archived