IGNORED

Hayter Offer

sparkyboy72

Guest james_AFCB

Are you really all that thick up in Bristol? Right, where do i start.

'I havn't heard Rangers or Celtic confiming that they were at teh game, All I have heard is FROM Bournemouth that they were there'

Um, no, the Rotherham and Bournemouth chairman both said that they were at the game. Do you honestly think someone would lie about a scout being there? Hayter wont go to either of them though, no where near good enough for champions league. And why the hell would Celtic or Rangers admit they were there? Has Gary Johnson given you his list of transfer targets?

'Like i said Southampton have just got 5 million for Theo and you think with that money they would be interested in a player that has never played at that level and who is 26 and hasn't really ever set this division alight.'

Just because they have 5 million, doesnt mean they are going to be spend it all on one player!!! My betting is Burley will see about a million of that, and i wouldnt be surprised if he puts in a bid of about 200-300k.

'That Bournemouth chairman is all talk and I have an example when he said that he would only sell Stock for a massive fee around 1million and he sold him 2 weeks later for 150k!'

OH DEAR!!!!!!! Its called sarcasm you numpty. Our manager was questioned how much he would like to see them go for, and he said a million each. SARCASM. Bloody hell. Our manager would be delighted if we got 300k for Hayter

'I think the hayter deal could be off unless we go back soon or have gone back with a improved offer, thank god our chairman isn't a cocky chairman who makes lies over our players'

Stop throwing your toys out the pram just because you havent met our valuation.

'Maybe B'muff will let Hayter go fro free in the summer.I didn't know they were so well heeled as to turn down offers for a player who'll walk away in May.'

Do be honest, we cant turn away a decent offer. 250k and we will probably snap you hand off.

'The only thing i don't understand is why Bournemouth have kept quiet about it until now. Surely if they wanted to get a good price for Hayter they'd have brought it out in the open after our first bid.'

Erm, we circled his availability at the start of january. We have our valuation, other clubs will have their valuation. If there valuation is near ours, we will accept.

'This is just me speculating, but I lived in Bournemouth for 9 years and have seen this done plenty of times before by Bournemouth. (Admittedly I can't remember them rejecting a bid, but maybe the fact that BCFC have no official line at this point is a sign that I'm right?)'

Nice contradiction there mate!!

'I havn't heard Rangers or Celtic confiming that they were at teh game, All I have heard is FROM Bournemouth that they were there'

Um, no, the Rotherham and Bournemouth chairman both said that they were at the game. Do you honestly think someone would lie about a scout being there? Hayter wont go to either of them though, no where near good enough for champions league. And why the hell would Celtic or Rangers admit they were there? Has Gary Johnson given you his list of transfer targets?

'Like i said Southampton have just got 5 million for Theo and you think with that money they would be interested in a player that has never played at that level and who is 26 and hasn't really ever set this division alight.'

Just because they have 5 million, doesnt mean they are going to be spend it all on one player!!! My betting is Burley will see about a million of that, and i wouldnt be surprised if he puts in a bid of about 200-300k.

'That Bournemouth chairman is all talk and I have an example when he said that he would only sell Stock for a massive fee around 1million and he sold him 2 weeks later for 150k!'

OH DEAR!!!!!!! Its called sarcasm you numpty. Our manager was questioned how much he would like to see them go for, and he said a million each. SARCASM. Bloody hell. Our manager would be delighted if we got 300k for Hayter

'I think the hayter deal could be off unless we go back soon or have gone back with a improved offer, thank god our chairman isn't a cocky chairman who makes lies over our players'

'Maybe B'muff will let Hayter go fro free in the summer.I didn't know they were so well heeled as to turn down offers for a player who'll walk away in May.'

Do be honest, we cant turn away a decent offer. 250k and we will probably snap you hand off.

'The only thing i don't understand is why Bournemouth have kept quiet about it until now. Surely if they wanted to get a good price for Hayter they'd have brought it out in the open after our first bid.'

Erm, we circled his availability at the start of january. We have our valuation, other clubs will have their valuation. If there valuation is near ours, we will accept.

'This is just me speculating, but I lived in Bournemouth for 9 years and have seen this done plenty of times before by Bournemouth. (Admittedly I can't remember them rejecting a bid, but maybe the fact that BCFC have no official line at this point is a sign that I'm right?)'

What an angry fellow - These comments are what forums are all about.

As long as you're happy in your mind with the Hayter situation why do these comments anger you so much?

I personally don't see the Southampton speculation as being so ridiculous... Hayter will want to better himself. If he's got ambition he will want to play at a higher level won't he?

Welcome - By the way.

Nobody on our forum is in the least bit interested in your views mate, especially when you come on here insulting City posters, so keep them to yourself, oh and by the way, before you begin the Numpty stuff, please check your spelling and Grammar. ok?

Guest PapaLazarou

Why's that? Leaving things late, 11 days left until the window shuts when these bids went through, and I wouldn't call Hayter a panic-buy, it's been known we need a new striker for a long while.

another inspired post from ron

added anyone else to your msn messenger recently?

Guest james_AFCB

Not angry, just trying to put a few facts straight. Just think that accusing our chairman of basically being a dick is a bit harsh, considering hes handled the transfer speculation and offers as any other chairman would. Hes just trying to get the best deal for Bournemouth. Like i said, there is no way he will go to Celtic or Rangers, but you cant deny that they had scouts at the game. Maybe they were scouting a Rotherham player. Who knows.

I just honestly cant see him joining city. Hes not money motivated as some have suggested. He has a young family, hence rejecting Huddersfield. Just think that Southampton have a far better chance of signing him. Championship teams are always buying league one players so i don't quite know where you are going with the whole 'they wont sign a league one player' thing. If they think hes good enough, they will make an offer.

Anyway, good luck for tomorrow, I'm sure you will be willing us on considering were playing Swindon.

from Bournmuff site

The Club have confirmed that Bristol City have made offers for star striker Jamie Hayter. Speaking to the Bournemouth Evening Echo, chairman Peter Phillips is quoted as saying: "It is true we have received an offer from Bristol City, but far from holding out for six figures, the offer was well into six figures. I'm not prepared to divulge the figure, but I can confirm that we turned it down. They then came back with a slightly improved bid, but we turned that down as well. Their two bids were wholly inadequate, and, frankly, I'll be perfectly happy if they now decide to look elsewhere. We don't want to sell James and if we do lose him in the transfer window, he certainly won't be going anywhere on the cheap. We certainly wouldn't entertain selling him for what Bristol City offered and if they are interested, they will have to think again. He's been our top goalscorer for four years, he's a class act and we're not going to give him away".

Guest The Codfather 0312
Not angry, just trying to put a few facts straight. Just think that accusing our chairman of basically being a dick is a bit harsh, considering hes handled the transfer speculation and offers as any other chairman would. Hes just trying to get the best deal for Bournemouth. Like i said, there is no way he will go to Celtic or Rangers, but you cant deny that they had scouts at the game. Maybe they were scouting a Rotherham player. Who knows.

I just honestly cant see him joining city. Hes not money motivated as some have suggested. He has a young family, hence rejecting Huddersfield. Just think that Southampton have a far better chance of signing him. Championship teams are always buying league one players so i don't quite know where you are going with the whole 'they wont sign a league one player' thing. If they think hes good enough, they will make an offer.

Anyway, good luck for tomorrow, I'm sure you will be willing us on considering were playing Swindon.

I think you are very bitter as you will be losing your best player to us.

Guest james_AFCB

I would be very very bitter if we lost him to you! No offence meant to Swindon, just know of the rivalry between you and City! I personally don't have a problem with either team, always enjoy my trips there.

I can see Southampton being ideal for Hayter.

Much closer than Bristol......... and would not make a lot of difference to his kids,family and schools ..... if you believe what has been said from the reports.......

Mind you ..... all that said I bet Hayter is mega chuffed by all this 'interest' but some of the claimed interest is definitely hype........... he is no Lita but as I said before if he did come to Bristol then I would not be disappointed..... there is every possibility he'd be just as good for BCFC as he has been for AFC Bournemouth....... and he is not getting any younger + BCFC really is a Bigger club than AFC Bournemouth despite the league table.

I think if he wanted first team football then we would be the realistic club to come to.

Guest alex1089

Hayter should be joining soon hopefully, he likes city and would be willing to join, they want a fee which I think is a high but decent for a player like him.

Guest james_AFCB

'Hayter should be joining soon hopefully, he likes city and would be willing to join, they want a fee which I think is a high but decent for a player like him.'

And people wonder how rumours start! How the **** would you know if hes joining? People close to him at Bournemouth say hes only interested in a move to Southampton. There is still a chance he will join you, but its no where near definate.

I want my £2 quid back that l gave to save your greedy little club! don't come running to us when your club goes bust in the summer when Hayter goes on a free.

He must wanna join us!!!!! Do you think the chairman would wanna start chatting dollars if Hayter hadnt agreed?

Guest The Codfather 0312

My mates wifes 2nd cousin who knows the bloke who delivers his milk.

Thats about right on this forum. From what I have heard he will be signing monday morning. Bournemouth want him to play one last game for them then he will come to us.

All media spin...

I'm thinking he is in the bag.

= we want a little bit more money.

Cant see why we would be bidding if we didnt think he'd join.

Having read most of this thread i would assume the following. B'mouths chairman has a figure in mind which we are obviously well short of. With still 10 days to go he will wait until a club will come close to this, if he is to sell him. If no sell, then an new improved contract will be offered to Hayter to keep him, until a better offer arrives in the future. Bit of a gamble by the chairman but that's the game. Only question - would Hayter sign for Bournemouth again? I say we keep chipping away and stay in the game. :pray:

LocoPal.

Archived