IGNORED

Hayter Offer

sparkyboy72

I got this off of Skysports

http://home.skysports.com/transfernews.asp...ticle&id=355489

Johnson is also desperate to add a striker to his squad, although he has seen two bids for Bournemouth striker James Hayter (pictured) land back at his feet.

Cherries chairman Peter Phillips says that the offers verged on derision and remarked that he doubts whether the club's fans would ever forgive him for selling the marksman to City in any case.

"It is true we have received an offer from Bristol City, but far from holding out for six figures, the offer was well into six figures. I'm not prepared to divulge the figure, but I can confirm that we turned it down," he told the Daily Echo.

"They then came back with a slightly improved bid, but we turned that down as well.

"Their two bids were wholly inadequate, and, frankly, I'll be perfectly happy if they now decide to look elsewhere.

"We don't want to sell James and if we do lose him in the transfer window, he certainly won't be going anywhere on the cheap.

"We certainly wouldn't entertain selling him for what Bristol City offered and if they are interested, they will have to think again.

"He's been our top goalscorer for four years, he's a class act and we're not going to give him away."

With money to burn following the sale of Theo Walcott to Arsenal, Southampton have emerged as the leading contenders to land Hayter, although South Coast rivals Plymouth

don't sound to good really

Guest The Codfather 0312

I think it is the Bournemouth chairman trying to get more out of us or encouraging other clubs to make a bid for him. At the end of the day they are doing what GJ said teams will do and thats trying to keep hold of him for as long as possible. Come the end of Jan they will be forced with a situation where they sell him now for 6 figures now or let him walk for nothing in the summer.

All this SOuthampton, Celtic and Rangers talk is all rubbish and has come out of the Bournemouth camp so I suspect it is there way of trying to bump the price up.

Southampton will make alot out of that Theo sale so why wouldd they go after James however good he is as they could get better than him and he is 26.

Guest The Codfather 0312
It's over forget it and move on.

That's the problem with leaving things late, any hitches and it can backfire and lead to panic signings.

Looks like this one has.

Why should we forget about it? I have just gave my thoughts on it. They are trying to keep him as long as they can playing 2-3 games more for them just like GJ said clubs would do.

You have just contradicted yourself there. You say we should forget about a player we have been trailing for ages then say any panic buying and it can backfire. Well we need a striker so it would have to be a panic buy really. This can't wait till the end of the season.

It's over forget it and move on.

That's the problem with leaving things late, any hitches and it can backfire and lead to panic signings.

Looks like this one has.

Why's that? Leaving things late, 11 days left until the window shuts when these bids went through, and I wouldn't call Hayter a panic-buy, it's been known we need a new striker for a long while.

Guest The Codfather 0312

Just to add to this there chairman has said that he don't want to let James Hayter go but then he accepted a bid from Huddersfield and also circulated his name to clubs. So to me it does seem like he is trying to push the price up.

Hopefully if Hayter is keen to join us then he will have a word with there chairman saying I want to leave and maybe hand in a transfer request.

It's been on there for ages :blink:

How can you call being put on there today ages? Sorry aint seen itposted anywhere else on this forum only stuff from like sky sports but I never belive anything unless it is put on a clubs website. I wont bother next time.

Guest james_AFCB

Sorry but some of you guys needs to get your facts straight. The stories about Portsmouth, Southampton, Rangers and Celtic have NOT come from Bournemouth. The Celtic and Rangers stories have come about due to their scouts being at our games recently. The Portsmouth one is probably just paper talk because Harry was reportedly interested when he was at Southampton. The Southampton interest is probably the most likely of all of the stories. No offence to your club, but i cant see Hayter leaving us for you. If he leaves at all, Southampton will be his most likely destination.

As for the us accepting a Huddersfield bid. I think you will find that they made an inquiry as to his price, our chairman asked Hayter if he would be interested, but Hayter said no, therefore meaning Huddersfield never actually made a bid.

At the moment, the two most possible scenarios are either Hayter moves to Southampton or signs a new contract at Bournemouth.

Guest The Codfather 0312
Sorry but some of you guys needs to get your facts straight. The stories about Portsmouth, Southampton, Rangers and Celtic have NOT come from Bournemouth. The Celtic and Rangers stories have come about due to their scouts being at our games recently. The Portsmouth one is probably just paper talk because Harry was reportedly interested when he was at Southampton. The Southampton interest is probably the most likely of all of the stories. No offence to your club, but i cant see Hayter leaving us for you. If he leaves at all, Southampton will be his most likely destination.

As for the us accepting a Huddersfield bid. I think you will find that they made an inquiry as to his price, our chairman asked Hayter if he would be interested, but Hayter said no, therefore meaning Huddersfield never actually made a bid.

At the moment, the two most possible scenarios are either Hayter moves to Southampton or signs a new contract at Bournemouth.

I havn't heard Rangers or Celtic confiming that they were at teh game, All I have heard is FROM Bournemouth that they were there. Like i said Southampton have just got 5 million for Theo and you think with that money they would be interested in a player that has never played at that level and who is 26 and hasn't really ever set this division alight.

There Chairman is doing a classic thing where by telling the interested club that there is more interested clubs so they can push the price up more. It's not the first time it has happened and it wont be the last.

I sincerely hope he leaves you in the summer for a big fat ZERO!

Guest alex1089

That Bournemouth chairman is all talk and I have an example when he said that he would only sell Stock for a massive fee around 1million and he sold him 2 weeks later for 150k!

I think the hayter deal could be off unless we go back soon or have gone back with a improved offer, thank god our chairman isn't a cocky chairman who makes lies over our players. The club havn't come out today or GJ hasn't said anything in his interview about players so I take that as a good sign.

I am sure jevons will sign soon anyway.....

That Bournemouth chairman is all talk and I have an example when he said that he would only sell Stock for a massive fee around 1million and he sold him 2 weeks later for 150k!

I think the hayter deal could be off unless we go back soon or have gone back with a improved offer, thank god our chairman isn't a cocky chairman who makes lies over our players. The club havn't come out today or GJ hasn't said anything in his interview about players so I take that as a good sign.

I agree, much like the price quoted to City for Akinfenwa before he went to Swansea for £150k

Guest alex1089

Also with Brooker they said we had bidded knowhere near what they wanted and then suddenly we bidded for henderson to cover up the signing of Brooker and suprisingly got him. Lads, its not all over yet I don't think!

That was said as a joke, but latched on to as a soundbite by our "well informed, headline hunting, creative," media

We can't say what the deal was until details are published and they may not be.As you say, it's curious there hasn't been a response but SL & GJ will be at Blackpool by now.

Sky/BBC were quoting £150k as the figire they wanted so unless they're well off the mark or offer 2 was only about 5/10k higher, I don't know.

As said prev. he could go for nothing in a few months time; my guess is he will go in this window; to us or not depends how big S.L`s pocket is and whether he wants us to stay in this league :dunno:

Possibly, but "looking at" and "bidding for" are not even close....

Hense why I put put rumoured.

I honestly think if Saints are seriously interested then he'll go there... Mind you that would surely annoy Bournemouth fans more than selling him to you lot?

In fairness I wish you bought him days ago as he always, always, always does well against us and we need a win tomorrow!

Possibly, but "looking at" and "bidding for" are not even close....

Rumour is exactly what it is though at this stage.

Bournemouth cannot afford to turn down what we have bid, and the only reason that they did is because they must have had firm inquiries already. Tunafish is quite right in saying that Peter Phillips just wants to push the price up a bit.

If they don't get another bid within the next week, I'd say they'll come back to us.

This is just me speculating, but I lived in Bournemouth for 9 years and have seen this done plenty of times before by Bournemouth. (Admittedly I can't remember them rejecting a bid, but maybe the fact that BCFC have no official line at this point is a sign that I'm right?)

Archived